Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

10/06/2012 new

Thank you for posting the poem about atheism! Love it! I have nothing against letting others have their beliefs. But, I have been dealing with the really "militant", forceful, condescending attitude about Christianity from him and his family for the past few years. My ex's father sends my daughter notes in her birthday cards saying things like "Hope you become a 'scientist' and realize that the only thing reall is what science can prove", and the attitude - very condescending, like I am stupid for believing, and I know my daughter hears this.

10/06/2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: Thank you for posting the poem about atheism! Love it! I have nothing against letting others have...
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

Thank you for posting the poem about atheism! Love it! I have nothing against letting others have their beliefs. But, I have been dealing with the really "militant", forceful, condescending attitude about Christianity from him and his family for the past few years. My ex's father sends my daughter notes in her birthday cards saying things like "Hope you become a 'scientist' and realize that the only thing reall is what science can prove", and the attitude - very condescending, like I am stupid for believing, and I know my daughter hears this.

--hide--

Celia,
We have come full circle! My daughter read your post and was so sad for your daughter. My daughter is a very powerful prayer. She has been praying for your daughter. David's suggestion to look up Atheism jokes really struck a cord with her. She spent the evening looking up jokes and sharing them with me last night. November will mark 4 years post divorce for us. We have had a rough road and an uphill battle. I am happy to say we are seeing the light now! I feel what you are going through and know how hard it is. Just know you are not alone. There are others dealing with the same problems. Keep praying and keep believing. Things do get better. And I do agree, Catholic schooling is a great choice. We also have an agreement to raise the kids in the Catholic faith. The more faith surrounding both of you the better!

I always think about the song..."if God is for us, then who can be against..." It has kept me going many days.

God Bless you and your daughter.

10/07/2012 new

Not knowing your area, but one catholic church in my area has a extremely strong youth presence. They make it enjoyable to be involved that they have 5 p.m. Sunday mass set up for children and youths that includes a great youth band that plays the music and its so moving to be part of that.

I kinda believe that a Catholic school would help her improve her behavior; a counselor who is good with kids could be of great benefit.

10/07/2012 new

Cherie - That is so sweet! Tell your daughter "thank you"!!!!! I have two groups at church this week and it is fall break, so I am taking Ruthie with me to both. Then I go to daily mass twice a week, so she'll be with me there, as well. Who knows - maybe the casual exposure this week will make a difference! :) I did not get to take her to Sunday mass today and try the "going out for Krisy Kreme" afterwards because her father had her.

10/07/2012 new

She has actually been seeing a counselor for quite some time. Her counselor is Methodist, but is very much in favor of trying to get her to go to any church without its being upsetting. We have even tried approaching her with the idea of going to her counselor's church - her counselor said she would even come "look in on her". Still we were met with angry refusal.
I REALLY wish I could just enroll her in the Catholic school - it is part of our parish - but her father would never in a million years allow that.

10/15/2012 new

Just thought since I was on here reading in the forums that I would give an update about my daughter and her "church issues"... Thank heaven for the wonderful women friends I have made and continue to make in my parish. A few of us were discussing it today after a book study. The consensus was that some things are not a choice, period. I have custody of her, and, legally, the court has supported my wish to raise her in the Catholic faith when the judge signed of on our final Parenting Plan.

So, where her brain likes it or not, her BODY will be sitting in RE starting this Wednesday, and will darned well be warming a pew in Mass every weekend. She may not agree, may not like it, but she will go. And, if she doesn't, I have a few tough Catholic women standing behind me on this one to enforce or coerce!

I informed her of this decision tonight, and she took it rather well. Although, I must say that I felt like a member of the "Mom Mafia" when I told her that if she chose to be defiant about it, that I would just call the other Catholic Moms and "we" would all take her together....

She got very quiet and told me that I would not have to "call the Moms", and that she would go without pitching a fit. Haha....Here's to having women who are strong in their faith to back you up! It truly does take a village....

10/18/2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: Just thought since I was on here reading in the forums that I would give an update about my daugh...
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

Just thought since I was on here reading in the forums that I would give an update about my daughter and her "church issues"... Thank heaven for the wonderful women friends I have made and continue to make in my parish. A few of us were discussing it today after a book study. The consensus was that some things are not a choice, period. I have custody of her, and, legally, the court has supported my wish to raise her in the Catholic faith when the judge signed of on our final Parenting Plan.

So, where her brain likes it or not, her BODY will be sitting in RE starting this Wednesday, and will darned well be warming a pew in Mass every weekend. She may not agree, may not like it, but she will go. And, if she doesn't, I have a few tough Catholic women standing behind me on this one to enforce or coerce!

I informed her of this decision tonight, and she took it rather well. Although, I must say that I felt like a member of the "Mom Mafia" when I told her that if she chose to be defiant about it, that I would just call the other Catholic Moms and "we" would all take her together....

She got very quiet and told me that I would not have to "call the Moms", and that she would go without pitching a fit. Haha....Here's to having women who are strong in their faith to back you up! It truly does take a village....

--hide--

You go girl! I am proud of you. Your daughter has seen your strength and knows where the limits are. I am sure this is very good for both of you. Keep praying and keep your friends close.

Posts 11 - 17 of 17