Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

We were new in the US. In our country we hand-wash our cars, so we never had experienced how a mechanized car wash works. On our way home we decided to get some gas. We were told by the cashier that we can get a free car wash if we fill-up, so we did. After the pump, we drove to the car wash station. There was a car inside the station so we waited. When the car left we drove in and stopped in the middle. No water came down, I told my ex to move back a little bit, maybe he was too forward; he did. No water came down. He drove forward, still the same. We moved back and forth, maybe five times, and no water came down. I looked at the back and there were two cars waiting. We exited "unwashed". When I told my sisters and parents about this, they were all laughing. We were told that in the receipt that we got was the code numbers we need to punch in that little square box on the driver side before the building. We did not know that... Anyway, the waiting cars behind us did not know us too.

10/06/2012 new

Read some of these laughing ashamed embarassed
www.catholicmatch.com

10/06/2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: We were new in the US. In our country we hand-wash our cars, so we never had experienced how...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

We were new in the US. In our country we hand-wash our cars, so we never had experienced how a mechanized car wash works. On our way home we decided to get some gas. We were told by the cashier that we can get a free car wash if we fill-up, so we did. After the pump, we drove to the car wash station. There was a car inside the station so we waited. When the car left we drove in and stopped in the middle. No water came down, I told my ex to move back a little bit, maybe he was too forward; he did. No water came down. He drove forward, still the same. We moved back and forth, maybe five times, and no water came down. I looked at the back and there were two cars waiting. We exited "unwashed". When I told my sisters and parents about this, they were all laughing. We were told that in the receipt that we got was the code numbers we need to punch in that little square box on the driver side before the building. We did not know that... Anyway, the waiting cars behind us did not know us too.

--hide--

LOL. I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you! Thank you soooo much!

10/06/2012 new

When I was Eight I got a Birthday Spanking. Happy Birthday! Eight slaps and the last was one to grow on wide eyed

10/06/2012 new

Thanks for reading. Do you always get a spanking as a birthday gift, I could imagine how one would look after 61 spanking. You are still good-looking though.

10/06/2012 new
Since my Birthday happens to be tomorrow I will share an embarrassing moment or two about Birthday cakes Happy Birthday! . The first happened when I was a senior in High School, my Uncle Andy was visiting & I was baking my own Birthday cake(Which I am about to bake a cake tonight also, hopefully it will turn out ok eyebrow ). I baked a Chocolate Round cake with Marshmellow creme frosting (can't remember what all went into it), there was only one small problem, because the frosting had Marshmellow in it the cake slid apart & we wound up with a very non-pretty cake to eat. From what I remember it was tasty but speckled.... eyepopping

The second Birthday cake disaster I remember vividly was Andrew's third birthday cake, again I was making a stacked chocolate cake, I was going to put three plastic clowns on top. Just family for the birthday what could go wrong???The cake split in three places & wound up looking quite the site, that year we had an unusually early snow fall so no one was there to celebrate with us.....

Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! biggrin
10/06/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Since my Birthday happens to be tomorrow I will share an embarrassing moment or two about Birthday cakes...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Since my Birthday happens to be tomorrow I will share an embarrassing moment or two about Birthday cakes . The first happened when I was a senior in High School, my Uncle Andy was visiting & I was baking my own Birthday cake(Which I am about to bake a cake tonight also, hopefully it will turn out ok ). I baked a Chocolate Round cake with Marshmellow creme frosting (can't remember what all went into it), there was only one small problem, because the frosting had Marshmellow in it the cake slid apart & we wound up with a very non-pretty cake to eat. From what I remember it was tasty but speckled....

The second Birthday cake disaster I remember vividly was Andrew's third birthday cake, again I was making a stacked chocolate cake, I was going to put three plastic clowns on top. Just family for the birthday what could go wrong???The cake split in three places & wound up looking quite the site, that year we had an unusually early snow fall so no one was there to celebrate with us.....

--hide--
Did you notice, Brenda. that moments like this brushed off our pride. By accepting the embarassment we become confident because we can easily identify what caused the embarrassment and we know when and how not to repeat it. Thanks for visiting the page. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENDA. MAY THE GOOD LORD BLESS AND KEEP YOU (know the song?)

10/06/2012 new
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: Did you notice, Brenda. that moments like this brushed off our pride. By accepting the embarassment we be...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

Did you notice, Brenda. that moments like this brushed off our pride. By accepting the embarassment we become confident because we can easily identify what caused the embarrassment and we know when and how not to repeat it. Thanks for visiting the page. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENDA. MAY THE GOOD LORD BLESS AND KEEP YOU (know the song?)

--hide--

Thanks Liberacion, I tend to just laugh at myself when my cakes fail. It really is funny, I have never quit baking just because I have one or two failures. Just this week there was a bit of tension at the office, and I felt so responsible even though I was acting on my supervisor's instructions. It turned out ok by the end of the week but sometimes just showing up & doing what is asked is about as good as it gets.

Thanks for the Happy Birthday song... biggrin
10/07/2012 new

Yes, in a Yoga class when my foot got stuck under the trampoline - never went again

10/08/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-251045 said: Yes, in a Yoga class when my foot got stuck under the trampoline - never went again
(Quote) Mary-251045 said:

Yes, in a Yoga class when my foot got stuck under the trampoline - never went again

--hide--

Oh my goodness! This makes me very grateful that my yoga teacher knows my limitations! Today we did an exercise that was supposed to last 7 minutes; our group almost made it to 2 minutes!

As for embarrassing moments--just one? wink

When I was in the high school band, I was part of the rifle corps team. Marching in a parade, my rifle got caught in my skirt and pulled it off! I was soo thankful that shorts were part of the uniform under the skirt!

I've had plenty of "tragame tierra" (Wish the earth would open up and swallow me whole) moments, but this one takes that cake. laughing

Posts 1 - 10 of 14