Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Oct 5th 2012 new

Well, one thing I do enjoy at the moment while being single is being able to sleep in. On Saturdays I think about that I get to sleep in while friends of mine who have children are already up having to feed the children and get them ready for the day. I do want to have children eventually but right now I enjoy the quiet.

Oct 5th 2012 new

I love to spoil my younger siblings. The youngest, a 10 yr old brother, is especially fun to take places. He always has a comment for everything. We go to the zoo, the park, or recently we spent the day at the fair, just my brothers and I. It was the most fun I'd had in awhile! I also eat ice cream for supper after a long day at work or go for a walk early in the morning with my puppy.

Also, welcome to the forums all of you new posters! I'm looking forward to seeing you around!

Oct 6th 2012 new

You know, the first thing I thought of when I saw this topic was a certain day I celebrate every year. I think it started in middle school... no, wait- high school. I was the overly dramatic teenager who, after being forced to suffer through Valentines Day at a school where girls toted around their giant balloon bouquets/flower arrangements/stuffed animals/boxes of chocolate from class to class to rub in other people's noses, decided to protest by 1) wearing all black on the 14th rolling eyes and 2) choosing my own day to celebrate by myself. Why should not being part of a couple deprive you of a day of nice things?

I eventually quit the protest in black, but I've kept that "celebrate your (single) self" day ever since. I do something especially nice for myself once a year- I take myself shopping and buy myself a gift I've been waiting on, I take myself out to a nice dinner, I buy myself a massage, etc.

But probably the biggest perk in my life that being single brings is the ability to consider job opportunities overseas without having to worry about coordinating with someone else, finding two jobs in the same location, etc. I have had the opportunity to visit quite a few places, and married friends always say they wish they could do things like that.

I also like having time to myself. On the weekends I can set my own schedule, and I can carve out chunks of time to get lost in an art or knitting project. I have fewer schedule conflicts to work around when I want to join a new club or take dance lessons, etc.

Oct 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Jenny-872030 said: Cooking experiments (I don't mind eating stuff that doesn't turn out well)
(Quote) Jenny-872030 said:

Cooking experiments (I don't mind eating stuff that doesn't turn out well)

--hide--

Yes! When people visit and I try something new I have to worry a whole lot more about how the food turns out. Eating your own mistakes is not that bad, but I hate to force them on someone else!

Oct 7th 2012 new

WELL,FIRST OF ALL I DO HAVE TO APOLOGISE FOR NOT BEING UNDER 45,IM THE OTHER WAY AROUND 54 LOL,I WOULD CELEBRATE BY WATCHING A GOOD FOOTBALL GAME ON T.V. WITHOUT ANYONE GRIPING ABOUT IT,ALTHOUGH WHEN IM NOT SINGLE I AM PRETTY FLEXIBLE,AND I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM IN SHARINGTH SET,I FEEL LIKE THE OL SAYING GOES WE CANT LIVE WITH,AND WE CANT LIVE WITHOUT,I DO MISS THE COMPANIONSHIP....

Oct 7th 2012 new

Being single helps you learn about yourself:

1. taking improvement classes such as better speaking or learning to cook.

2. become self-less by giving your time to others.

3. Stress is low.

4. For women: The corporate world promotes you and therefore, you build a comfortable living for yourself.

5. For men: gives you time to build a nest egg for you and your some-day family.

6. Its fun because family and friends are always finding you dates, so you really don't have to look hard.

7. Learn to make decisions on your own.

8. Take time to learn more about the opposite sex.

Oct 8th 2012 new

I don't think there is anything different I would do being single vs married. My Dad and I own a house together and we do most things as a family, working in the garden, vehicle modification, tending the livestock and home improvements. The only thing I could see being different if i were married is I probably would not be able to go to my Judo class three times a week.

Oct 8th 2012 new

For me, it's whenever I'm doing whatever on my own schedule--but then I run into somebody I know, like a happy coincidence.

For example, the other day I wandered in the coffee shop I used to frequent, and saw a couple folks I hadn't seen in months. And the next day, I delayed my errands by an hour, and then ran into another person I hadn't seen in a while, too! I got to tell these folks about a party my friend and I are hosting in a couple weeks. smile

Oct 8th 2012 new

I do go out to eat and to the movies by myself. Single or not! I like going to fairs and events too. I can just wander when I want and wherever I want. I can interact with people and not have to worry about someone's elses schedule. I'm not saying that I don't like thinking of someone else......but, it is enjoyable to just pick up and go and not have to worry about a conflict of interest or time conflicts.

I think just picking up and going and not having to wait for someone, let someone know, or having to compromise.......... Whatever I want goes......isn't that the best????? Eh, people I see sometimes can't be alone, or they have to be into some device or reading something. I don't mind watching people or interacting with those around me.

I hear from people married/engaged that they miss just going somewhere when they want and not having to make an effort.

Oct 8th 2012 new
(Quote) Leanne-387609 said: Having the time to do what I want, especially going out to walking group and book discussions. I love being a...
(Quote) Leanne-387609 said:

Having the time to do what I want, especially going out to walking group and book discussions. I love being able to just spend time searching and reading Internet articles. Being able to socialize with different groups of friends and listen to my own music is part of my celebration of being single.

--hide--

Amen! crossfingers There is nothing wrong with doing things you enjoy whether you're single or not. When people say single people are always selfish, they are wrong and that is a stereotype.

To answer Jenny's question, how I celebrate is the only person I have to worry about supporting is me. You have more freedom. two cents However, just because you're single doesn't mean you have to be lonely. You can still spend time with family and friends.
Posts 11 - 20 of 25