Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

10/07/2012 new

Well, since conversation seems to be dominated by the ladies, allow me to jump in!

Marian, as to your original post and question therein, I really can't say that in my experience it's that much of a problem! Whenever I'm getting to know someone or am out on a date, I always find myself asking questions! In fact, I sometimes worry that I ask too many! wink

But I understand your concern if this is a trait shared by men you have seen/dated. But for me, it's hardly a problem! Though I am probably more gregarious than most men! So, if you find that this is a problem, I would recommend you try to find someone more like me...though after he's done grilling you, you may want to return to the men who never ask you questions! wink

10/07/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Peter! When I read your discourse somewhere here months ago about being in a relationship...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Peter! When I read your discourse somewhere here months ago about being in a relationship- I figured you were safely on your way.
What you have shared here is that
1. men are afraid to move the relationship to the next level.
2.They feel that by asking questions they will rock the boat.

Both good bits of information for us to know.
Guys note what peter shared...

Peter, Is there no way you can get back on board with this woman? Maybe she was not into Catholicism to the extent that you need? Perhaps due to that- she is nto the one for you? More comments?

You landed in the Friend Zone? You are sure?

Of course at this age we don't want to move too fast, assuming we know we should rush in- but we do need to discuss and check things out to see if there is any possibility---- YES.

This could be done by asking questions...

--hide--
Marian, I only described myself- I'm sure most guys have a little more backbone than I do in similar situations. As John Wayne said, "Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway."

10/07/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Marian, I only described myself- I'm sure most guys have a little more backbone than I do in ...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Marian, I only described myself- I'm sure most guys have a little more backbone than I do in similar situations. As John Wayne said, "Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway."

--hide--

Love the quote.

10/07/2012 new

(Quote) Andrew-896103 said: Well, since conversation seems to be dominated by the ladies, allow me to jump in! Ma...
(Quote) Andrew-896103 said:

Well, since conversation seems to be dominated by the ladies, allow me to jump in!

Marian, as to your original post and question therein, I really can't say that in my experience it's that much of a problem! Whenever I'm getting to know someone or am out on a date, I always find myself asking questions! In fact, I sometimes worry that I ask too many!

But I understand your concern if this is a trait shared by men you have seen/dated. But for me, it's hardly a problem! Though I am probably more gregarious than most men! So, if you find that this is a problem, I would recommend you try to find someone more like me...though after he's done grilling you, you may want to return to the men who never ask you questions!

--hide--

No- It would be fun to be grilled. It is nice to share a conversation... Good for you for asking questions and THANK YOU for posting.

10/07/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Peter! When I read your discourse somew...

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Peter! When I read your discourse somewhere here months ago about being in a relationship- I figured you were safely on your way.
What you have shared here is that
1. men are afraid to move the relationship to the next level.
2.They feel that by asking questions they will rock the boat.

Both good bits of information for us to know.
Guys note what peter shared...

Peter, Is there no way you can get back on board with this woman? Maybe she was not into Catholicism to the extent that you need? Perhaps due to that- she is nto the one for you? More comments?

You landed in the Friend Zone? You are sure?

Of course at this age we don't want to move too fast, assuming we know we should rush in- but we do need to discuss and check things out to see if there is any possibility---- YES.

This could be done by asking questions...

--hide--

Ok Peter. I wish you bravery and courage in your future pursuits and hope that next time bravery and courage if that is what you mean that you need will over take you and carry you along. I pray that that lady was all wrong for you and that the next one will be right and it will click the way it should.

10/07/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Marian, We share the same observation here. I recently had been dating a lovely lady who lives ne...

Marian, We share the same observation here. I recently had been dating a lovely lady who lives nearby. We dated for about six months- she finally got tired of just going out- I'm one of those "nice guys" who is afraid of moving a relationship forward and I don't seem to learn that it just doesn't work. Probably too late in my case. In retrospect, I could see her disinterest toward the end. Women do ask questions more than we do, I don't know why (at least in my experience). I did encourage her to talk about her life, and I'm not one of those people who dominate conversations or talk over others, but I should have asked her what she sought in a relationship, where she prefers to live (city girl, country boy), faith questions- she was Episcopalian, but I suspect more agnostic, and so forth. She asked questions and knew a lot more about me than I did her. I guess I was so enamored of her I didn't want to rock the boat. Wasn't the first time I've been banished to the dreaded "Friend Zone!"

--hide--

I think in some instances men are not sure what questions to ask. Is this possible?
If you could do it again Peter, What would you ask her?

10/07/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Ok Peter. I wish you bravery and courage in your future pursuits and hope that next time ...

Ok Peter. I wish you bravery and courage in your future pursuits and hope that next time bravery and courage if that is what you mean that you need will over take you and carry you along. I pray that that lady was all wrong for you and that the next one will be right and it will click the way it should.

--hide--
Thanks Marian~ he (or she) who hesitates is lost!

10/07/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Ok Peter. I wish you bravery and courag...

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Thanks Marian~ he (or she) who hesitates is lost!

--hide--

Don't hesitate! JUST DO IT. Think later..

10/07/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I think in some instances men are not sure what questions to ask. Is this possible?If...

I think in some instances men are not sure what questions to ask. Is this possible?
If you could do it again Peter, What would you ask her?

--hide--
I'll have to work on that for a while! I suppose more relevant questions regarding what she is looking for in the long term. I'll try to get it right next time! She is a very nice person, also a bit out of my league too.

10/07/2012 new

if i put my thoughts on this .

Posts 21 - 30 of 200