Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Hurting for an old friend~

Oct 7th 2012 new

Just got a phone call from one of my best friends. At 75, he has just been diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis and doesn't expect to be around much longer. His wife left for a wedding and didn't leave him his meds. Always very sweet when I visit every year, she has become quite verbally abusive and won't talk to him anymore. She also has a gambling addiction- the cause of their bankruptcy. Thank God he has a few friends to bring him food and take him to the store. If he lived nearby I could help, but all I can do is pray.

Oct 7th 2012 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Just got a phone call from one of my best friends. At 75, he has just been diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis and d...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Just got a phone call from one of my best friends. At 75, he has just been diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis and doesn't expect to be around much longer. His wife left for a wedding and didn't leave him his meds. Always very sweet when I visit every year, she has become quite verbally abusive and won't talk to him anymore. She also has a gambling addiction- the cause of their bankruptcy. Thank God he has a few friends to bring him food and take him to the store. If he lived nearby I could help, but all I can do is pray.

--hide--

Praying Praying Offering my prayers for your friend.
Oct 7th 2012 new

Praying Your friend isn't going to die because of Spinal Stenosis, that can be corrected. Praying for your friend that he may find comfort and care.

Oct 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Just got a phone call from one of my best friends. At 75, he has just been diagnosed with Spinal ...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying theheart

Oct 7th 2012 new

Here's what you as a friend could do even at a long distance: Get the church involved(the nearest catholic church); get a social service involved(Contact United Way, the operator will connect you with best services he needs.)

Oct 7th 2012 new

Praying Praying

Oct 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Your friend isn't going to die because of Spinal Stenosis, that can be corrected. Praying for...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Your friend isn't going to die because of Spinal Stenosis, that can be corrected. Praying for your friend that he may find comfort and care.

--hide--
Thank you, Cindy, that's good to know!

Oct 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Ana-840226 said: Here's what you as a friend could do even at a long distance: Get the church involved(the neare...
(Quote) Ana-840226 said:

Here's what you as a friend could do even at a long distance: Get the church involved(the nearest catholic church); get a social service involved(Contact United Way, the operator will connect you with best services he needs.)

--hide--
Thank you Ana, we have a Parish prayer group. Tomorrow's a Holiday but I'll call the office Tuesday.

Oct 7th 2012 new

Praying

Oct 7th 2012 new

Thank you all for your kindness and especially your prayers- I know they will help!

Blessings theheart

Pete

Posts 1 - 10 of 32