Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 7th 2012 new

I normally find myself listening, for the most part. And I like to ask the women questions, because it is the only way to learn about them. If anything, I am usually wondering why the women don't ask more questions of me.

Oct 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: I think in some instances men are not s...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

I think in some instances men are not sure what questions to ask. Is this possible?
If you could do it again Peter, What would you ask her?

I'll have to work on that for a while! I suppose more relevant questions regarding what she is looking for in the long term. I'll try to get it right next time! She is a very nice person, also a bit out of my league too.

--hide--

Lets scratch down a few ideas for men to ask ladies or ladies to ask men:

Ladies to men and men to ladies:

So What kind of relationship are you seeking?
Are you looking to get married?
Are you just seeking friendship or are you dating?
What are you looking for?

What sort of future do you wish for?
What sort of future do you dream about?
What sort of plans do you have or would you like to have?

Where do you plan to live in the future?
Where would you like to live in the future?
What kind of weather do you prefer?
What kind of town, city would you like to live in?

How are those?

Oct 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Bryan-263353 said: I normally find myself listening, for the most part. And I like to ask the women questions, becau...
(Quote) Bryan-263353 said:

I normally find myself listening, for the most part. And I like to ask the women questions, because it is the only way to learn about them. If anything, I am usually wondering why the women don't ask more questions of me.

--hide--

OH shoot. It does go both ways. I bet the talker is often the one who forgets to ask?

I don't know.
Bryan,
What do you wish the ladies would ask you?

Oct 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Bryan-263353 said: I normally find myself listening, for the most part. And I like to ask the women questions, becau...

--hide--

Welcome to the forums!!Please post more often!

Oct 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Lets scratch down a few ideas for men to ask ladies or ladies to ask men:...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

How are those?

--hide--
Furiously taking notes! biggrin

Oct 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Lets scratch down a few ideas for men t...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

How are those?

Furiously taking notes!

--hide--

Is this helping?

One man who was right on target said "I'm not dating anyone right now."
That is a very good statement to say. It helps in several ways. (Ladies will tell you it helps her know a few things about you.)
"I'd like to see you/talk to you again." Is another essential comment.

What are you looking for in a woman? is something maybe I should ask and maybe the women can answer the counterpart to that one.

Oct 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: OH shoot. It does go both ways. I bet the talker is often the one who forgets to ask?...

OH shoot. It does go both ways. I bet the talker is often the one who forgets to ask?

I don't know.
Bryan,

--hide--
A few things come to mind. My work would be one. Another would be hobbies. Also my family. I do get these kinds of questions (ususally early on, as they are rather "light" questions). However, there doesn't seem to be much follow-up to these things. I tend to remember a lot about what a woman tells me, but they don't seem to remember a lot of what I tell them. It just doesn't seem like I get a lot of follow-up questions, or questions that would indicate that they remember, or even care, about what I have told them.

Oct 7th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Men, have you been on the phone or in correspondence, be honest: Do you remember to actually ask a woma...

Men, have you been on the phone or in correspondence, be honest:

Do you remember to actually ask a woman questions?

Do you all realize that this can help in your CREATING A RELATIONSHIP with a woman?

I know that some of you may do this but I feel I must state this as an important factor in building a relationship and building a connection.

I have some guys who drop me a not now and then. It would take almost nothing to ask a question or two..

Have you ever been on the phone and dominated the call with your own narrative and not asked a question? Be honest..

As a woman of 55, I don't need to be coy, I feel I can bring this up and ask this question without penalty. I have endured enough situations, where they forgot to ask a scintilla of a question..
Comments?

--hide--

Good thread Marian! I like questions; ask me and I will most likely answer. I also like learning about someone naturally, so it doesn't have to be all about words all the time...we can learn a lot about each other through action ...hanging out...having fun (Let me see what you're made of tongue ).
Oct 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Bryan-263353 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: OH shoot. It does go both ways. I bet t...

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

I don't know.
Bryan,

A few things come to mind. My work would be one. Another would be hobbies. Also my family. I do get these kinds of questions (ususally early on, as they are rather "light" questions). However, there doesn't seem to be much follow-up to these things. I tend to remember a lot about what a woman tells me, but they don't seem to remember a lot of what I tell them. It just doesn't seem like I get a lot of follow-up questions, or questions that would indicate that they remember, or even care, about what I have told them.

--hide--

I wonder about the explicit stage of life these women are in. If they were more serious, would they ask more questions, do you think?

You should not be afraid- men- to talk about yourself, likes, dislikes etc. to a woman either.

Oct 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Bryan-263353 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: OH shoot. It does go both ways. I bet t...

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

I don't know.
Bryan,

--hide--

It is nice to meet a man who wants questions to be asked. I think this basic openness is what we all need to communicate to each other, the idea that we want to know and be known and that we are willing to have that happen!!!! shocked

Posts 31 - 40 of 200