Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: I wonder about the explicit stage of life these women are in. If they were more serious, ...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

I wonder about the explicit stage of life these women are in. If they were more serious, would they ask more questions, do you think?

You should not be afraid- men- to talk about yourself, likes, dislikes etc. to a woman either.

--hide--
I'm not sure what you mean by "stage of life." Do you mean, are they marry-ready?

Good topic, btw. Thank you for starting it, Marian.

Oct 7th 2012 new

Hi Marian! Great question and I am glad you leave it up to guys to answer. Where are the direct questions these days?

Oct 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Bryan-263353 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: I wonder about the explicit stage of li...
(Quote) Bryan-263353 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

I wonder about the explicit stage of life these women are in. If they were more serious, would they ask more questions, do you think?

You should not be afraid- men- to talk about yourself, likes, dislikes etc. to a woman either.

I'm not sure what you mean by "stage of life." Do you mean, are they marry-ready?

--hide--

Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it particularly because I was criticized by someone who felt insulted in the beginning of this thread- and it is hard enough to start these conversations.

When I was younger I never had the nerve to ask a man any questions at all. I would do it now- but within limits. Asking questions is taking a risk I guess so that may be why people do nto do it enough!!!

Oct 8th 2012 new

I am finding out here that women are not asking men enough questions on dates either. Several men have shared with me that the ladies need to ask men questions and express sincere interest in the men and not just be along for the ride...

Am I right men?

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Men, have you been on the phone or in correspon...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Men, have you been on the phone or in correspondence, be honest:

Do you remember to actually ask a woman questions?

Do you all realize that this can help in your CREATING A RELATIONSHIP with a woman?

I know that some of you may do this but I feel I must state this as an important factor in building a relationship and building a connection.

I have some guys who drop me a not now and then. It would take almost nothing to ask a question or two..

Have you ever been on the phone and dominated the call with your own narrative and not asked a question? Be honest..

As a woman of 55, I don't need to be coy, I feel I can bring this up and ask this question without penalty. I have endured enough situations, where they forgot to ask a scintilla of a question..
Comments?

Marian, We share the same observation here. I recently had been dating a lovely lady who lives nearby. We dated for about six months- she finally got tired of just going out- I'm one of those "nice guys" who is afraid of moving a relationship forward and I don't seem to learn that it just doesn't work. Probably too late in my case. In retrospect, I could see her disinterest toward the end. Women do ask questions more than we do, I don't know why (at least in my experience). I did encourage her to talk about her life, and I'm not one of those people who dominate conversations or talk over others, but I should have asked her what she sought in a relationship, where she prefers to live (city girl, country boy), faith questions- she was Episcopalian, but I suspect more agnostic, and so forth. She asked questions and knew a lot more about me than I did her. I guess I was so enamored of her I didn't want to rock the boat. Wasn't the first time I've been banished to the dreaded "Friend Zone!"

--hide--

LADIES- Do you ever wish you had asked a guy any sort of question?
Sometimes on a date I just find myself prompting him to keep talking. I do end up asking questions, eventually if I am interested, but in one case I can think of, it did not open the situation up any..

Ladies do you ever leave a date wondering if you could have asked another question or two?

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Bryan-263353 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: I wonder about the explicit stage of li...
(Quote) Bryan-263353 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

--hide--

Maybe these ladies are operating under the mistaken assumption that you should spend your date talking about them....?

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Matt-849404 said: I just love how most posts in this topic, especially by the women, seem to have a very pointed sexism abo...
(Quote) Matt-849404 said: I just love how most posts in this topic, especially by the women, seem to have a very pointed sexism about them. They just generically say "men" as though all men share exactly the same qualities, personalities, skills, and weaknesses. We are not interchangeable, there may be similarities between the guys that you have corresponded with in a particular age bracket, but do not think or act as if all men are exactly the same because they are men. It's quite insulting. And just to prove my point and add some relevance to the topic; I usually find myself asking the most questions in my conversations on CM or elsewhere. For the record, there's nothing heated about this post, this is not written in anger or resentment, simply common sense and fair mindedness.
--hide--

If one wants the perspective of the men, what would be the point of a woman asking another woman the same question?.. In a lot of relationship issues we can only approach it from the perspctive we see it from.

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Matt-849404 said: I just love how most posts in this topic, especially by ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Matt-849404 said: I just love how most posts in this topic, especially by the women, seem to have a very pointed sexism about them. They just generically say "men" as though all men share exactly the same qualities, personalities, skills, and weaknesses. We are not interchangeable, there may be similarities between the guys that you have corresponded with in a particular age bracket, but do not think or act as if all men are exactly the same because they are men. It's quite insulting. And just to prove my point and add some relevance to the topic; I usually find myself asking the most questions in my conversations on CM or elsewhere. For the record, there's nothing heated about this post, this is not written in anger or resentment, simply common sense and fair mindedness.

If one wants the perspective of the men, what would be the point of a woman asking another woman the same question?.. In a lot of relationship issues we can only approach it from the perspctive we see it from.

--hide--

Thank you Donna, I had to start the question somewhere. It was certainly not an accusation that I was engineering in this- it is a questioning and discussion process.

Oct 8th 2012 new

Ok I have to chime in here; I usually don't ask the ladies questions right away; i like to ya know get a feel for her where she's coming from like basic questions?! Like hobbies (something like that) i don't like to saturate questions maybe until either over the phone or the first F2F (date) but my opinion also is if we (guy's) ask to many questions at the sametime; some NOT ALL of the Ladies either on here or else where i sometimes get a comment like! (her) saying "YOUR GETTING A LITTLE PERSONAL" THERE (in a serious) tone; I just say i'am (sorry) just getting to know you better; then i might get the comment; Like i will answer it later or something like that! That's my two cents worth! Mike "peace"!!

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Ok I have to chime in here; I usually don't ask the ladies questions right away; i like to ya ...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Ok I have to chime in here; I usually don't ask the ladies questions right away; i like to ya know get a feel for her where she's coming from like basic questions?! Like hobbies (something like that) i don't like to saturate questions maybe until either over the phone or the first F2F (date) but my opinion also is if we (guy's) ask to many questions at the sametime; some NOT ALL of the Ladies either on here or else where i sometimes get a comment like! (her) saying "YOUR GETTING A LITTLE PERSONAL" THERE (in a serious) tone; I just say i'am (sorry) just getting to know you better; then i might get the comment; Like i will answer it later or something like that! That's my two cents worth! Mike "peace"!!

--hide--

I know what you mean Mike....You are right! and I had thought of that... Thanks for posting and sharing on this topic.
I think in some instances it is hard for men to know what it is ok to ask.

Posts 41 - 50 of 200