Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 8th 2012 new
Marian,

I think that it is a good topic. cloud

Somebody has got to keep these topics new and fresh, so your efforts are appreciated.

The person who said that some people babble and blab when they are a bit nervous, has got it right on. Also, some will clam up too...I think this applies equally for men and women. I have not had the experience of men not asking enough questions. I wouldn't like to be grilled though, it's like taking a true/false test.....one size fits all, is not a good way to get to know someone.
Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Marian, I think that it is a good topic. Somebody has got to keep these topics new ...
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Marian,

I think that it is a good topic.

Somebody has got to keep these topics new and fresh, so your efforts are appreciated.

The person who said that some people babble and blab when they are a bit nervous, has got it right on. Also, some will clam up too...I think this applies equally for men and women. I have not had the experience of men not asking enough questions. I wouldn't like to be grilled though, it's like taking a true/false test.....one size fits all, is not a good way to get to know someone.
--hide--

Thank you Jacqueline. I do think some people talk a lot when they are nervous.
This is why we have to give a person a second chance if we can.

Oct 8th 2012 new
Men ask questions; getting answers sometimes may be a problem. I'll try to get a lady to talk about herself, to start things off. What interests me is whether the conversation will go back and forth between us, or is she so absorbed in herself that she prattles on and on and on and on........?
Oct 8th 2012 new
Of course a man should ask questions. On a first date, I think he is wise to stick to the vanilla questions and listen to the answers. The more sensitive ones are maybe best for a later date. Or maybe I'm completely wrong and he should go for broke to get a better picture of his date.
Oct 8th 2012 new

Thank you Thank you Thank you I feel great cause i did ask questions and have more lined up!!!!!!! you gave me some ideas for more questions! Not to many at once these are questions not interagation!! y

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Men ask questions; getting answers sometimes may be a problem. I'll try to get a lady to talk about...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Men ask questions; getting answers sometimes may be a problem. I'll try to get a lady to talk about herself, to start things off. What interests me is whether the conversation will go back and forth between us, or is she so absorbed in herself that she prattles on and on and on and on........?
--hide--

Other men have mentioned this problem. It is good that you bring it up. Both sides of the equation need to reflect on how they use the time they have together.

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) James-897226 said: Of course a man should ask questions. On a first date, I think he is wise to stick to the vanilla questi...
(Quote) James-897226 said: Of course a man should ask questions. On a first date, I think he is wise to stick to the vanilla questions and listen to the answers. The more sensitive ones are maybe best for a later date. Or maybe I'm completely wrong and he should go for broke to get a better picture of his date.
--hide--

It depends on the question you wish to ask.

I know some people leave the date without any information about the other.

I know this because I have gone out and not been asked any questions, which is what prompted this thread.

Oct 8th 2012 new

I also began this thread because of the idea of creating a relationship. ..or better stated.. a connection.

I have been learning that some men do not know how to do that.

So This thread is a reminder on the idea that there are steps a person, man or woman can take to enhance the "getting to know you process."

These are skills that can be learned and practiced. This is just a discussion on this process and this issue.

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-900865 said: Thank you Thank you Thank you I feel great cause i did ask questions and have more lined up!!!!!...
(Quote) Daniel-900865 said:

Thank you Thank you Thank you I feel great cause i did ask questions and have more lined up!!!!!!! you gave me some ideas for more questions! Not to many at once these are questions not interagation!! y

--hide--

Which questions here did you like?

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Men ask questions; getting answers sometimes may be a problem. I'll try to get a lady to talk about...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Men ask questions; getting answers sometimes may be a problem. I'll try to get a lady to talk about herself, to start things off. What interests me is whether the conversation will go back and forth between us, or is she so absorbed in herself that she prattles on and on and on and on........?
--hide--

I am curious as to any questions you may have asked and what kind of topic the woman began to speak on that led her to keep talking. I am sincerely curious. If you can recall an instance, do share it.

Posts 51 - 60 of 200