Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: and here we thought the wicked stepmother was just a literary stereotype. w...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

and here we thought the wicked stepmother was just a literary stereotype. why do some women resent a man's children from a previous marriage??

--hide--
A man should shy away from any gal who resents his kids from his previous marriage. She is obviously not the right choice for him and everyone in this equation would suffer. Some women do not want to share the man and they might see the children as obstacles rather than blessings! And the flip side of this can be true also with a man resenting the woman's children from her previous marriage. boggled

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Beth-621047 said: A man should shy away from any gal who resents his kids from his previous marriage. She is obvious...
(Quote) Beth-621047 said:

A man should shy away from any gal who resents his kids from his previous marriage. She is obviously not the right choice for him and everyone in this equation would suffer. Some women do not want to share the man and they might see the children as obstacles rather than blessings! And the flip side of this can be true also with a man resenting the woman's children from her previous marriage.

--hide--

Absolutley. That is an absolute deal-breaker for me. I was stunned how many women I've met who feel this way. Men too. It's sad.

Oct 8th 2012 new

Love is all about addition and multiplication - NEVER about division, subttraction, or fractions.

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Love is all about addition and multiplication - NEVER about division, subttraction, or fractions....
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Love is all about addition and multiplication - NEVER about division, subttraction, or fractions.

--hide--
theheart theheart rose rose rose rose rose theheart theheart

BEAUTIFULLY SAID, DAVID!!

Oct 9th 2012 new

Talk about over-analyzing. Kids are not the subject here, the words that come out of a persons mouth about "how important they are" are not at all what the sentence is about. It is about a man or woman giving their date an excuse as to why their date is not special in the first place. Its is about excuses. Children should never be used as excuses. Children are to be held highly in priority, not excuses. The date should be included as "I can't wait for you to meet my kids", not told that "they are the only people important to me". This is the deal breaker, when you have already confirmed that you, the date will never get to be important just like my kids.

I find it offensive that there is no chance to become important to someone when these words are pushed as if the date is obsolete anyway.

Kids are joy and I love my stepdaughter(yes, my late husband's daughter) is my world and my new grandson, so David, I don't appreciate your awful words.

Posts 11 - 15 of 15