Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 7th 2012 new

I have been a country mouse, a city mouse and a suburban mouse. All have been while raising my children and working in St. Louis. They were all good because I learned to "Bloom where you are planted". Life has taken me in many directions some by choice and some by circumstance. As a country mouse I figured out how to grow and preserve everything we ate. And I mean everything! As a suburban mouse I was busy volunteering and entertaining. As a city mouse I love historic buildings and neighborhoods and gardens. But all three of my prior living environments are still very vibrant parts of me. When I travel for work, everyone else goes back to the hotel to eat and watch TV; not me. I prefer to be adventurous and climbed up into the crown of the Statue of Liberty, I love buying a last minute ticket on Broadway for Le Mis, taking the link to The Smithsonian, driving to Williamsburg for the weekend, scouring the museums and theatres in Chicago, Atlanta, Denver, Phoenix, Dallas....you get the idea. When I retire, I plan on doing some serious traveling. When I go back to Florence, it won't be on a cruise ship. I want to drink it all in.....like Under the Tuscan Sun.

Oct 8th 2012 new

I prefer small town living. Everyone is pretty close & most everyone knows each other. If you needed help, people are there willing to give it without many reservations. I'm only 30 minutes away from the nearest city & several hours away from Seattle. I have lots of opportunities to explore new places, visit the city, go shopping, go to a market (Pike Place is awesome) & come home where it's quiet & familiar.

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Jason-55847 said: City, country ,town, suburbs,rural? and why?
(Quote) Jason-55847 said:

City, country ,town, suburbs,rural? and why?

--hide--

Hi Jason wave After growing in one of the 5 borough of NYC - I would say that at this stage of my life I would like the country but not rural. Even the suburbs are getting too congested for me.

Oct 8th 2012 new

Can someone define the difference between 'country' and 'rural' for me? thanks!

Oct 8th 2012 new
Well right now I live five miles south of nowhere. Cows to the left of me deer to the right- here I am!! I drive 90 miles one way to work in Nashville. The drive stinks but I do love the rural life. I need to find a place closer to work and am looking for yet another rural place. So I gueas rural but near water and a big city for me.
Oct 8th 2012 new

I prefer city ife. Especially if the city is in South Florida. I grew up in Miami , spendt 24 yrs near Nashville Tn and am glad to be home in South Florida!

Oct 8th 2012 new

Try Lavergne, TN.... its near Nashville and a big lake :)

Oct 8th 2012 new

City for now....cuz of my job mainly. When I retire, then maybe hte country with a quieter life!:)

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Can someone define the difference between 'country' and 'rural' for me? thanks!
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Can someone define the difference between 'country' and 'rural' for me? thanks!

--hide--

Country in the area where I come from would be about 2 hours away from NYC - where there are quite a few houses but not right next to each other - space in between - may a couple of acres and there is something to do because the population is not as quite as drastica as rural. Rural would be further away - wher there a lot more than a couple fo acres between each house and where the sidewalks roll up once the sun goes down wink At least that is how a city girl would describe it wave

Oct 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: Country in the area where I come from would be about 2 hours away from NYC - where there ar...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

Country in the area where I come from would be about 2 hours away from NYC - where there are quite a few houses but not right next to each other - space in between - may a couple of acres and there is something to do because the population is not as quite as drastica as rural. Rural would be further away - wher there a lot more than a couple fo acres between each house and where the sidewalks roll up once the sun goes down At least that is how a city girl would describe it

--hide--
Thanks, Mary. Country & rural, to me, mean the same thing, and I'd refer to your country as a suburb. But what the hey--dem's only words. Er sumpin'.

Posts 21 - 30 of 67