Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

10/09/2012 new

(Quote) Jason-55847 said: City, country ,town, suburbs,rural? and why?
(Quote) Jason-55847 said:

City, country ,town, suburbs,rural? and why?

--hide--

Small town, and the one where I live is pretty darn good. I like hunting and fishing (we have family, public, and walk-in public hunting/fishing here). I also like the low cost of the local golf club. We have state of the art medicine available. I'm an hour from Topeka or St. Joseph (mid-size cities) for more variety in buying goods and groceries. I'm 90 minutes from Kansas City, Lawrence or Manhattan (for college sports watching), or Lincoln or Omaha. The cost of living is lower. Its safe to leave my keys in my truck and it will still be there when I come out. Concealed carry is legal. I perform at times, and there are three community theatre groups within a short distance and one performing arts council. . .

It has touches of sophistication, and in June, I'm less than a five minute walk to a wheat field. . . I'm a country boy at heart that's somewhat intellectual and sophisticated. . . if I move further away, how will I ride horses or own them again someday? :) (And, for those wondering, there are PLENTY of places to catch Mass on a weekend---the old country parishes are still operational here, because Nemaha County, in 2002, had more Catholics per capita than ANY other county in the USA).

Its a Wonderful Life here in Bedford Falls, Kansas.

10/09/2012 new
Hi,

I live in the country on 7 acres of land, and ride my bike through the rolling country side. Along the

Herd of cows, next to oatcakes creek.

Live 30 min drive to rochester, where they have the Eastman school of music, the rochester philharmonic orchestra, and many great venues. The best of both worlds, than we have the finger lakes,

Great wine vineyard, and lakes for saling and swimming.

Come visit!!!

Lisa
10/09/2012 new

I like the beauty and quiet of the country, but I'm city born and raised, however I'd love to live in a small town with easy access to a city.

10/09/2012 new

--hide--

Ah, you didn't mention island!

Why? Because my after work walk, was on a beach with a beautiful sunset and San Francisco skyline in the background. A usual evening for me...pinch me:o)

10/09/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: (Quote) Jason-55847 said: City, country ,town, suburbs,rural? and why?...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Quote:
Jason-55847 said:

Ah, you didn't mention island!

Why? Because my after work walk, was on a beach with a beautiful sunset and San Francisco skyline in the background. A usual evening for me...pinch me:o)

--hide--

uh....speaking of island, John Lennon's island is up for sale!!!!

www.bloomberg.com

10/09/2012 new

urban. no other choice. who likes owning grass and trees and flowerbeds? let the park district do that for me. i'm happiest when the outdoors is only something i must pass through to enter my taxi.

10/09/2012 new

--hide--

What the heck would I do in the country besides step in mud (or worse)? There's nowhere to get a decent meal, nowhere to shop, nowhere to see or do anything.

10/09/2012 new

--hide--

I am open, but do enjoy being near the water (large lake, or ocean). For now, it's the suburbs for me, at least until that special man comes into my life (for life), and we make the decision of where to live. I do love privacy, so rural living is attractive...as long as all the comforts of life surround me. cool

10/09/2012 new

Is location a DEAL BREAKER for you?

10/09/2012 new

--hide--

wave I love the country.. quiet and peaceful but realize I may have to travel further to work unless I marry a farmer CowGirl

Posts 41 - 50 of 67