Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

10/09/2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: I understand this is just political rhetoric, but I hope people don't literally believe that....
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

I understand this is just political rhetoric, but I hope people don't literally believe that. How many businesses did not benefit from the government? How many were protected from theft by the police? How many had customers come to them or suppliers deliver to them on public roads? How many hired employees who learned to read and write in public schools?

All business, all organizations - profit and non-profit, all individuals exist in society and government is a big part of society. Even the most strident libertarians must admit that pretty much every business in America has benefited from government in some form. (The libertarians would argue that those businesses would have been better off without government and its costs, but they cannot deny that in our current system - the last few hundred years - government is so part of society that everyone gets both benefits and costs.)

--hide--

Somewhat true. Local police are not funded by Uncle Sugar; nor are local roads built by Uncle Sugar and until UNcle Sugar stuck its nose in schools and ruined them, The Feds had nothing to do with public schools.

Those all exist as a result of local people coming together to create those things. And all those things were paid for by local taxes., where the people have a lot of say in what gets done and what does not.

So other than local government providing local infrastructure, no government entity build the business, individuals did, often under extreme duress and despite road blocks put in their way from and by Government at all levels.

Putting that aside, especially since that deals too much with reality, that is not what Mr. Obama meant when he made the statement he did. He honestly believes that Government is and should be the only solution to everything.

Excellent health care existed for everyone without a single word of Federal Law from after the Civil War through most of the 20th Century. Yet beginning with in the middle of the 20th Century we have had an explosion of federal words (laws) controlling just about everything with health care with the start of Medicare. And now we need what is it 20,000 pages of Obama Care?

Get real!

Putting even that aside, why would anyone who professes themselves to be a Catholic, even for a single fraction of a moment, consider voting for a Man who not only believes in Abortion but insists that everyone support his position; a man who believes we should enshrine. protect and promote perverted behavior as a societal good; a man who professes that he believes that our Constitution is FUNDAMENATALLY flawed when most of world, even our enemies believe it is one of the finest documents ever created by mere men; a man who came to the Presidency with no relevant experience, no relevant skills and nothing to offer except hope and change even more obscure than his supporters claim Romney is spouting; a man under whose leadership US stature in the world has fallen even lower than it was under Jimmy Carter; whose enemies laugh and show they believe us to be just a paper tiger?

In short why support someone who has nothing to offer us; has accomplished little of any significance; who blames all his failings as President on his predecessor while refusing to face or even apologize for his lack of any measurable progress in correcting these evils he inherited? Whose every move in the realm of the economy and fiscal policy have been moronic and amateurish?

10/09/2012 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Part I of What Can We Do to Get Romney/Ryan reelected is locking out due to so many EXCELLENT ideas! I have ...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Part I of What Can We Do to Get Romney/Ryan reelected is locking out due to so many EXCELLENT ideas! I have been requested to open Part II of this thread, and so here it is. (Being as computer illiterate as I am, I'm not sure how to provide a link to Part I, but I believe someone can provide that in the next post here.)

Our goal is to come up with continuing suggestions, ideas, constructive and productive brainstorming as to what we can do in the remaining 4 weeks to get Romney and Ryan elected this November! We welcome all positive and productive suggestions that address this question! And, I believe that there may be some postings that will appear here looking for volunteers to implement these ideas.

Special thanks to all who have been so helpful in posting in Part I of this thread - please keep posting your excellent suggestions!

--hide--

May be wise to have people share some facts of the things that are happening in the administration we have now. HERE ARE A FEW... maybe shorten what you want but it's just a thought

Executive Orders bypass Congress.

EXECUTIVE ORDERS ISSUED

Teddy Roosevelt 3

Others to FDR NONE

FDR 11 in 16 years

Truman 5 in 7 years

Ike 2 in 8 years

Kennedy 4 in 3 years

LBJ 4 in 5 years

Nixon 1 in 6 years

Ford 3 in 2 years

Carter 3 in 4 years

Reagan 5 in 8 years

Bush 3 in 4 years

Clinton 15 in 8 years

George W. Bush 62 in 8 years

Obama 923 in 3 1/2 years!

If you don't get the implications you're not paying attention. How many warnings do you need?

923 Executive Orders in 40 Months

During my lifetime, All Presidents have issued Executive Orders, for reasons that vary, some more than others.

When a President issued as many as 30 Ex. Orders during a term in Office,

people thought there was something Amiss.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT 923 EX. ORDERS IN ONE PART OF ONE TERM? YES, THERE IS A REASON,

IT'S THAT THE PRESIDENT IS DETERMINED TO TAKE CONTROL AWAY FROM THE HOUSE AND

THE SENATE.

Even some Democrats in the House have turned on him, plus a very small number of

Democrat Senators question him.

Not really surprising that he appointed "Czars" to be in charge of everything...THIS IS NOT FUNNY, AND IF YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN, YOU CAN EXPECT MORE!

Remember what he told Russia 's Putin: "I'll be more flexible after I'm re-elected".

THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION: Obama has signed 923 Executive Orders in 40 months!

What did Congress do in those 40 months? (The House - considerable. The Senate

-nothing, not even a budget nor allowing any House bill to be considered.) A

whole new order must prevail in Wash. DC as a result of this next election! Now

look at these:

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of

transportation and control of highways and seaports.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the registration of all persons. Postmaster General to operate a national registration

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate a penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

Feel free to verify the "executive orders" at will... and these are just the major ones I'm sure you've all heard the tale of the "Frog in the Pot"... you all comfortable??? Watch Obama's actions, not his words! By his actions he will show you where America is headed.

Sounds to me like he is superseding the Constitution of the USA But, yet I did not find any provision in the US Constitution for such Executive Orders. Just this week, Obama has issued a new executive order that seeks to "harmonize" U.S. economic regulations with the rest of the world. This new executive order is yet another incremental step that is pushing us closer to a North American Union and a one world economic system.

Unfortunately, most Americans have absolutely no idea what is happening. The American people need to understand that Barack Obama is constantly looking for ways to integrate the United States more deeply with the rest of the world. The globalization of the world economy has accelerated under Obama, and this latest executive order represents a fundamental change in U.S. economic policy.

Now federal regulators will be required to "harmonize" their work with the international community.

IS THIS TO DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE? THEN PROVE TO YOURSELF IT'S WRONG.

Jesus said, I AM THE "TRUTH"

and it is your duty and mine to speak the truth. Then it is up to the person who hears it weather to accept or reject it. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta
10/09/2012 new

(Quote) Monica-170264 said: May be wise to have people share some facts of the things that are happening in the administrat...
(Quote) Monica-170264 said:

May be wise to have people share some facts of the things that are happening in the administration we have now. HERE ARE A FEW... maybe shorten what you want but it's just a thought

EXECUTIVE ORDERS ISSUED

Teddy Roosevelt 3

Others to FDR NONE

FDR 11 in 16 years

Truman 5 in 7 years

Ike 2 in 8 years

Kennedy 4 in 3 years

LBJ 4 in 5 years

Nixon 1 in 6 years

Ford 3 in 2 years

Carter 3 in 4 years

Reagan 5 in 8 years

Bush 3 in 4 years

Clinton 15 in 8 years

If you don't get the implications you're not paying attention. How many warnings do you need?

During my lifetime, All Presidents have issued Executive Orders, for reasons that vary, some more than others.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT 923 EX. ORDERS IN ONE PART OF ONE TERM? YES, THERE IS A REASON,

THE SENATE.

Even some Democrats in the House have turned on him, plus a very small number of

Not really surprising that he appointed "Czars" to be in charge of everything...THIS IS NOT FUNNY, AND IF YOU VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN, YOU CAN EXPECT MORE!

Remember what he told Russia 's Putin: "I'll be more flexible after I'm re-elected".

look at these:

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the registration of all persons. Postmaster General to operate a national registration

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate a penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

-EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

Feel free to verify the "executive orders" at will... and these are just the major ones I'm sure you've all heard the tale of the "Frog in the Pot"... you all comfortable??? Watch Obama's actions, not his words! By his actions he will show you where America is headed.

Sounds to me like he is superseding the Constitution of the USA But, yet I did not find any provision in the US Constitution for such Executive Orders. Just this week, Obama has issued a new executive order that seeks to "harmonize" U.S. economic regulations with the rest of the world. This new executive order is yet another incremental step that is pushing us closer to a North American Union and a one world economic system.

Unfortunately, most Americans have absolutely no idea what is happening. The American people need to understand that Barack Obama is constantly looking for ways to integrate the United States more deeply with the rest of the world. The globalization of the world economy has accelerated under Obama, and this latest executive order represents a fundamental change in U.S. economic policy.

Now federal regulators will be required to "harmonize" their work with the international community.

and it is your duty and mine to speak the truth. Then it is up to the person who hears it weather to accept or reject it. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta
--hide--

This is EXCELLENT information, Monica. Congratulations on a truly impressive first posting to the forums! You get a Gold Star! Please keep posting!

10/09/2012 new

(Quote) Monica-170264 said: May be wise to have people share some facts of the things that are happening in the admini...
(Quote) Monica-170264 said:

EXECUTIVE ORDERS ISSUED

Teddy Roosevelt 3

Others to FDR NONE

FDR 11 in 16 years

Truman 5 in 7 years

Ike 2 in 8 years

Kennedy 4 in 3 years

LBJ 4 in 5 years

Nixon 1 in 6 years

Ford 3 in 2 years

Carter 3 in 4 years

Reagan 5 in 8 years

Bush 3 in 4 years

Clinton 15 in 8 years

THE SENATE.

look at these:

(list omitted)

--hide--

Is there a credible list of all 923 of these executive orders with order numbers, and preferably dates -- preferably from a government or legitimate academic site (i.e., not a site spewing conspiracy theories in a 36 pt. flashing red font)? The tone of the text above is too sensationalistic to fall into the credible category.

10/09/2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: I understand this is just political rhetoric, but I hope people don't liter...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

I understand this is just political rhetoric, but I hope people don't literally believe that. How many businesses did not benefit from the government? How many were protected from theft by the police? How many had customers come to them or suppliers deliver to them on public roads? How many hired employees who learned to read and write in public schools?

All business, all organizatons - profit and non-profit, all individuals exist in society and government is a big part of society. Even the most strident libertarians must admit that pretty much every business in America has benefited from government in some form. (The libertarians would argue that those businesses would have been better off without government and its costs, but they cannot deny that in our current system - the last few hundred years - government is so part of society that everyone gets both benefits and costs.)

--hide--

Cathy, your point is well taken, but most of those government benefits to small business you are referring to were from local, county and state governments. The Feds main benefit is just to keep people from invading us and keep states from restricting trade between each other. Other than that they have little part in it. I'll admit that federal money built the Interstate Highway System, but that was Defense Department dollars. It is ridiculous for a President to imply that a family business couldn't have been built without the Federal government's help. Just the contrary...it is a more of a detriment. Of course, Progressives would like all power in the hands of the Feds in which case we would THEN need them!

10/09/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Monica-170264 said: May be wise to have people share some facts of the things t...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Monica-170264 said:

EXECUTIVE ORDERS ISSUED

Teddy Roosevelt 3

Others to FDR NONE

FDR 11 in 16 years

Truman 5 in 7 years

Ike 2 in 8 years

Kennedy 4 in 3 years

LBJ 4 in 5 years

Nixon 1 in 6 years

Ford 3 in 2 years

Carter 3 in 4 years

Reagan 5 in 8 years

Bush 3 in 4 years

Clinton 15 in 8 years

THE SENATE.

look at these:

Is there a credible list of all 923 of these executive orders with order numbers, and preferably dates -- preferably from a government or legitimate academic site (i.e., not a site spewing conspiracy theories in a 36 pt. flashing red font)?

--hide--
Monica,

I am in awe of your first post!

I was going to ask you the same thing Jerry just did. Wondering if there is an official document listing the 932 executive orders. That would be something to post on Facebook. Perhaps you might consider starting your own thread on Obama's 932 Executive Orders. Or somebody else might consider initiating one.

Please continue to post. Your idea gets another You get a Gold Star!
10/09/2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Monica, I am in awe of your first post! I was going to ask you the same thing Jerry...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Monica,

I was going to ask you the same thing Jerry just did. Wondering if there is an official document listing the 932 executive orders. That would be something to post on Facebook. Perhaps you might consider starting your own thread on Obama's 932 Executive Orders. Or somebody else might consider initiating one.

Please continue to post. Your idea gets another
--hide--
Oops. 923.
10/09/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Monica, I am in awe of your first post! I was going to ask you the same thing Jerry just ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Monica,

Please continue to post. Your idea gets another
--hide--

Before starting another topic, let's get something with some credibility...

10/09/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Before starting another topic, let's get something with some credibility... ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Before starting another topic, let's get something with some credibility...

--hide--
Yes. Definitely. In that order. biggrin
10/09/2012 new

(Quote) Tom-755074 said: Let's all of us sincerely pray the Rosary. What say ye?
(Quote) Tom-755074 said:

Let's all of us sincerely pray the Rosary.

What say ye?

--hide--

Absolutely. Our bulletin had a notice that we are joining 8,000 other public square Rosary for our country and the unborn this Saturday at 1:00 p.m. I hope all who can will join us.

- Elizabeth

Posts 11 - 20 of 200