Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: A counterpart to www.catholicmatch.com.
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

A counterpart to www.catholicmatch.com

for the other 50% of us.

1) Four years ago I emerged from mass a couple Sundays before the election to find the cars in the parking lot had been peppered with windshield flyers claiming Catholics should vote for McCain.

This year I will patrol the parking lot with a video camera, in order to get anyone trying such shennanigans on record. Then post to YouTube.

2) Scare elderly people into thinking Paul Ryan is going to take away their Medicare.

3) Encourage people to read www.usccb.org

4) Two words: Ayn Rand

5) I learned on CM that an individual Mass offering with the Seraphic Mass Association is only $5. They can schedule it for the very next day!

Capuchin's all over the world are united on a list and communicate daily to schedule Masses.

http://www.seraphicmass.org

Have a Mass said for re-election? I'd be surprised if you could do that, but I guess it's worth a try.

--hide--
Aren't you Christian as you are on this Christian site? You are admitting here that Obama's followers are SCARING the elderly into THINKING Paul Ryan is trying to take away their Medicare....lying and intimidating...and you aren't ashamed....I am for you....especially since we know it is Obama that is doing that. I am unsure of why putting flyers on cars to vote McCain if you are Catholic is a problem since Obama is the most pro-infantcide president in history and we are not allowed to vote for someone who promotes intrinsic evil at the RISK of our eternal salvation...so how is this a problem.....you call it shenanigans....I call it our moral duty....and how is posting it on youtube hurting anyone????

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) Cathy-620979 said: A counterpart to www.catholicmatch.com.
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Quote:
Cathy-620979 said:

A counterpart to www.catholicmatch.com

for the other 50% of us.

1) Four years ago I emerged from mass a couple Sundays before the election to find the cars in the parking lot had been peppered with windshield flyers claiming Catholics should vote for McCain.

This year I will patrol the parking lot with a video camera, in order to get anyone trying such shennanigans on record. Then post to YouTube.

2) Scare elderly people into thinking Paul Ryan is going to take away their Medicare.

3) Encourage people to read www.usccb.org

4) Two words: Ayn Rand

5) I learned on CM that an individual Mass offering with the Seraphic Mass Association is only $5. They can schedule it for the very next day!

Capuchin's all over the world are united on a list and communicate daily to schedule Masses.

http://www.seraphicmass.org

Have a Mass said for re-election? I'd be surprised if you could do that, but I guess it's worth a try.

Aren't you Christian as you are on this Christian site? You are admitting here that Obama's followers are SCARING the elderly into THINKING Paul Ryan is trying to take away their Medicare....lying and intimidating...and you aren't ashamed....I am for you....especially since we know it is Obama that is doing that. I am unsure of why putting flyers on cars to vote McCain if you are Catholic is a problem since Obama is the most pro-infantcide president in history and we are not allowed to vote for someone who promotes intrinsic evil at the RISK of our eternal salvation...so how is this a problem.....you call it shenanigans....I call it our moral duty....and how is posting it on youtube hurting anyone????

--hide--

I have a prolife bumper sticker, Romney/Ryan bumper sticker and I ordered a religious freedom bumper sticker....and am thinking about getting a Catholics for Romney bumper sticker or one that says if you think your religious freedoms aren't at risk ask Catholics...something like that.....feel free to come video tape my bumper and post it on utube....what a sad life....we need people fighting to keep our faith and yet we have young people doing this.....some day when we can't speak about our faith....you remember this....

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Aren't you Christian as you are on this Christian site? You are admitting here that Obama...

--hide--

Cheryl, please....Easy on the poor woman. It is a free Country, and everyone has a right to her personal point of view. We need to be able to disagree and let others have their say.

I personally feel a great deal of sympathy for the idealistic young, as I was once one myself, in my own rather conservative, way. For example, I was against the Vietnam War but joined the Navy to be a doctor and help the guys who were defending our Country. If you can't figure that paradox out, OK, some of my treachers couldn't either.

Anyway, I think it was Winston Churchill who said,

"A conservative at 20 has no heart,
But a liberal at 40 has no brain."

I think that's about right, and I have great compassion for my young colleagues with plenty of heart. Many of them will be compassionate conservatives when they have their own children. I'm less sanguine with people my own age who haven't figured it out yet. :-)

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Aren't you Christian as you are on this C...
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said:

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

Cheryl, please....Easy on the poor woman. It is a free Country, and everyone has a right to her personal point of view. We need to be able to disagree and let others have their say.

I personally feel a great deal of sympathy for the idealistic young, as I was once one myself, in my own rather conservative, way. For example, I was against the Vietnam War but joined the Navy to be a doctor and help the guys who were defending our Country. If you can't figure that paradox out, OK, some of my treachers couldn't either.

I think that's about right, and I have great compassion for my young colleagues with plenty of heart. Many of them will be compassionate conservatives when they have their own children. I'm less sanguine with people my own age who haven't figured it out yet. :-)

--hide--
I'm sorry Gerald, but at 27 I was doing whatever I could to help out Christian causes....I was very idealistic even then....and I was always prolife....I would NEVER advocate lying and scaring the elderly especially on a Christian site....and I would never be on a Christian site to cause problems....sometimes we have to speak the truth in love especially to the young!

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Aren't you Christian as you are on this C...

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

--hide--
At any rate, if this is what her purpose in life is about now...following Catholics who are trying to protect their religious freedom with cameras to post on youtube to cause harrassment in their lives perhaps????...how can you think it will be different in 13 more years???

Oct 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Gerald-283546 said:Cheryl, please....Easy on the poor woman. It is a free Country, and everyone has a right to her ...

--hide--

It's one thing to express an opinion; it's another to intentionally pour gasoline on a fire then fan the flames, which is what I suspect was going on here.

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: At any rate, if this is what her purpose in life is about now...following Catholics who are tryi...

At any rate, if this is what her purpose in life is about now...following Catholics who are trying to protect their religious freedom with cameras to post on youtube to cause harrassment in their lives perhaps????...how can you think it will be different in 13 more years???

--hide--

A. I think she was joking. I like humor. Especially in politics! During the 3 months before an election we all need to take a chill pill.
B. I think it will be different in two years. How do I know? Experience. She seems intelligent, so I believe she will figure it out.
C. If you look carefully at her posts, you will realize she is thinking it out, even now; trying to understand, as are many young people today.

It is tough on folks who have had 16 years of school based propaganda to reject the one sided propaganda their teachers have been inculcating. It takes a while to see how the world really works. We must give them time. This is true for the Libertarians, too. Their reaction gainst Republican waste and selfishness is understandable. But, one has to, in the end, discern what will be best for the long term health of the Country. Eventually one comes to understand that that it is free markets, self reliance, individual responsibility, community based charity, and freedom of religion that keeps a people free and prosperous. But that takes time. Our schools, colleges and media have been proseletizing the Religion of the State for 2 generations now. Even in Catholic schools, the great Liberal Death Wish is the norm of the day. But each thinking individual must work out the truth for herself. This takes time and experience.

Once you've looked into your child's eyes, you start to change. Once you've seen how freeloaders are rewarded by the government but accomplishment is rewarded by the private sector, you begin to change. Once you see that unions promote the lowest common denominator but free markets promote excellence, you begin to change. This takes experience. One must live. Unless one is isolated on an ivory tower, or on the take oneself, the facts of life become obvious over time. But not right away.

My point is just that it is natural for youth to feel idealistic, and so they embrace liberalism for all the right reseasons, not knowing that liberalism just doesn't work. We must feel compassion for them. The smart ones will figure it out, but chewing them out won't help. (Although chewing out college professors is a good idea!). For our youth, I say love them and realize that their idealism is natural and healthy.

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: I'm not willing to have either of them elected. There may only be two viable outcomes, but...
(Quote) Charles-512043 said:

I'm not willing to have either of them elected. There may only be two viable outcomes, but there are not only two viable courses of action. I can't control who wins, but I can control my own decisions.
--hide--

Nice new picture, Charles wave

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: It's one thing to express an opinion; it's another to intentionally pour gasoline...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

It's one thing to express an opinion; it's another to intentionally pour gasoline on a fire then fan the flames, which is what I suspect was going on here.

--hide--

It looks like negative attention getting...wonder what is at the bottom of it. A beautiful young woman on a Catholic site that feels she needs to stir the pot! Its getting cold! I like what Gerald had to say, but she's very sarcastic in most of her posts on the subject, not idealistic acting like Charles.

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Promise free Obamaphones - Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he g...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Promise free Obamaphones -

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone

www.youtube.com
--hide--

Interesting that we can spend on phones when there are people hungry and we are trillions in debt....WOW it makes my head spin!

Posts 11 - 20 of 200