Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: Ouch! OK, you got me. I'll admit she is devastatingly beautiful. But, I do legitimat...
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said:

Ouch! OK, you got me. I'll admit she is devastatingly beautiful.
But, I do legitimately think we need to win over the young'uns gently....Charles, too.

--hide--

Somehow, I just can't see anyone as beautiful (let alone devastatingly beautiful) who supports partial-birth abortion (which is of course Obama's position) which seems quite ugly to me. Quite the opposite, I find them at best, misguided and at worst, evil.

Oct 10th 2012 new
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: I love your sense of humor.

I love your sense of humor.

--hide--
Gerald, this isn't humor.

1. It mocked Patricia's thread. The night before Patricia's thread was about to lock. I posted a request that she re-open it with a link to Part I. Lo and behold, this "counter thread" appeared referencing Patricia's thread with a link to Part I. wink

2. The reference to plastering cars with flyers in Church parking lots. Let's not confuse our position. In Patricia's thread I went to great lengths, effort, and time speaking about adhering to non-profit rules. My first contact was to a priest (obedience). Second to each and every Diocese (obedience). Third, called the Catholic attorney who incorporated my (now dormant) 503 (c) 3 non-profit organization for an update on the rules (obeying the law). Posted links the attorney sent me regarding current non-profit laws. Contacted Catholic Vote and discussed the matter twice! Aside from non-profit rules, Catholic Vote specifically said studies show that placing flyers on cars is ineffective (applying intelligence and research studies). I posted all of the above information. It took hours of my time and effort!

3. Regarding mocking my post in Patricia's thread about the Seraphic Masses Association. Fr. Angelus Shaughnessey (formerly from ETWN) introduced me to that information. As result of this dear priest, I get Masses said for people all the time (including CMers) from the Seraphic Mass Association. The donation for an individual Mass is only $5. Masses can be offered the next day if you call in the request. The Capuchins are linked via computer and schedule Masses daily.

P.S. Fr. Angelus posts in his newsletters that he would rather be struck by lightening than vote for a pro-abortion candidate.
Oct 10th 2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Gerald, this isn't humor. 1. It mocked Patricia's thread. The night before Patricia's...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Gerald, this isn't humor.

1. It mocked Patricia's thread. The night before Patricia's thread was about to lock. I posted a request that she re-open it with a link to Part I. Lo and behold, this "counter thread" appeared referencing Patricia's thread with a link to Part I.

2. The reference to plastering cars with flyers in Church parking lots. Let's not confuse our position. In Patricia's thread I went to great lengths, effort, and time speaking about adhering to non-profit rules. My first contact was to a priest (obedience). Second to each and every Diocese (obedience). Third, called the Catholic attorney who incorporated my (now dormant) 503 (c) 3 non-profit organization for an update on the rules (obeying the law). Posted links the attorney sent me regarding current non-profit laws. Contacted Catholic Vote and discussed the matter twice! Aside from non-profit rules, Catholic Vote specifically said studies show that placing flyers on cars is ineffective (applying intelligence and research studies). I posted all of the above information. It took hours of my time and effort!

3. Regarding mocking my post in Patricia's thread about the Seraphic Masses Association. Fr. Angelus Shaughnessey (formerly from ETWN) introduced me to that information. As result of this dear priest, I get Masses said for people all the time (including CMers) from the Seraphic Mass Association. The donation for an individual Mass is only $5. Masses can be offered the next day if you call in the request. The Capuchins are linked via computer and schedule Masses daily.

P.S. Fr. Angelus posts in his newsletters that he would rather be struck by lightening than vote for a pro-abortion candidate.
--hide--
Typo - 501(c)3
Oct 10th 2012 new
(Quote) Tom-169708 said: An editorial cartoonist named Glenn McCoy nails it with things that don't make sense. Smokey Bear...
(Quote) Tom-169708 said:

An editorial cartoonist named Glenn McCoy nails it with things that don't make sense.

Smokey Bear holding a sign that reads, "Bears for forest fires."

A chicken holding a sign that reads, "Chickens for Colonel Sanders."

And a woman holding a sign that reads, "Catholics for Obama."

Things don't make sense.

--hide--
That's a good one!
Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: A counterpart to www.catholicmatch.com.
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

A counterpart to www.catholicmatch.com

for the other 50% of us.

1) Four years ago I emerged from mass a couple Sundays before the election to find the cars in the parking lot had been peppered with windshield flyers claiming Catholics should vote for McCain.

This year I will patrol the parking lot with a video camera, in order to get anyone trying such shennanigans on record. Then post to YouTube.

2) Scare elderly people into thinking Paul Ryan is going to take away their Medicare.

3) Encourage people to read www.usccb.org

4) Two words: Ayn Rand

5) I learned on CM that an individual Mass offering with the Seraphic Mass Association is only $5. They can schedule it for the very next day!

Capuchin's all over the world are united on a list and communicate daily to schedule Masses.

http://www.seraphicmass.org

Have a Mass said for re-election? I'd be surprised if you could do that, but I guess it's worth a try.

--hide--

My opinion is that we need to UNITE as CATHOLICS ... The Bishops have spoken against the HHS mandate of Obamacare... and Abortion... If we cannot respect human life our most cherished freedom how can we vote for someone who does not respect life or freedom of religion..

Here is more reading to see the 2 candidates in there stance ...also consider that next president will have a big say in who will be appointed to the Supreme Court when the ones ready for retiring will be replaces...

Please pray and let's vote our morals... There is a choice to choose the lesser of 2 evils....

Praying for our country and people.. take time to read below on be an informed voter...

God BLESS us ...
Kathleen Praying rosary theheart

action.afa.net

news.yahoo.com

Oct 10th 2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Yes, Charles' new pic is very nice!
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Yes, Charles' new pic is very nice!
--hide--

Thanks, Mary and Laura! wave
Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: And if you think the first term was bad, imagine what he will be like when he doesn't have to ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

And if you think the first term was bad, imagine what he will be like when he doesn't have to worry about being re-elected...

--hide--

And with Biden as his VEEP, he does not have to worry about impeachment either.

Oct 10th 2012 new

<----- is voting for Romney United States Flag

Oct 10th 2012 new
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: ....it was Winston Churchill who said, "A conservative at 20 has no heart, But a li...

....it was Winston Churchill who said,

"A conservative at 20 has no heart,
But a liberal at 40 has no brain."

--hide--

Winston Churchill also said...

It's okay for a man in his 20s to be a liberal, but a man in his 40s and a liberal is just a FOOL.
Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Winston Churchill also said... It's okay for a man in his 20s to be a liberal, but ...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said:

Winston Churchill also said...

It's okay for a man in his 20s to be a liberal, but a man in his 40s and a liberal is just a FOOL.
--hide--

I agree Ed, most liberals I know seem to have never grown up. I tip my hat to Churchill on that one.

Posts 31 - 40 of 200