Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

First Communion only if...

Oct 9th 2012 new

I have a set of twin girls who should receive their First Confession and Communion this year. Quick background - I have much less than 50% custody and I'm somewhat kept away by their father. I have asked and pleaded, and finally he says they can enroll in religious ed classes, but only if I pay for it and drive them every week. He lives within half a mile of the church. I live an hour away. But I agreed. It's so important. Now it is way past the registration deadline and classes have begun. I feel disheartened and embarrassed to call the DRE. I'm afraid I'll be a weeping mess. sad

I hate being divorced.

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: I have a set of twin girls who should receive their First Confession and Communion this year. Qui...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

I have a set of twin girls who should receive their First Confession and Communion this year. Quick background - I have much less than 50% custody and I'm somewhat kept away by their father. I have asked and pleaded, and finally he says they can enroll in religious ed classes, but only if I pay for it and drive them every week. He lives within half a mile of the church. I live an hour away. But I agreed. It's so important. Now it is way past the registration deadline and classes have begun. I feel disheartened and embarrassed to call the DRE. I'm afraid I'll be a weeping mess.

I hate being divorced.

--hide--

hug hug Praying Praying

Oct 10th 2012 new

They are all signed up. The girls will receive their Sacraments!

Oct 10th 2012 new
(Quote) Alice-788574 said: I have a set of twin girls who should receive their First Confession and Communion this year. Quick background ...

I have a set of twin girls who should receive their First Confession and Communion this year. Quick background - I have much less than 50% custody and I'm somewhat kept away by their father. I have asked and pleaded, and finally he says they can enroll in religious ed classes, but only if I pay for it and drive them every week. He lives within half a mile of the church. I live an hour away. But I agreed. It's so important. Now it is way past the registration deadline and classes have begun. I feel disheartened and embarrassed to call the DRE. I'm afraid I'll be a weeping mess.

I hate being divorced.

--hide--

Call the office and tell them you want to enroll the girls now. If the secretary says it is too late, ask to speak to the Religious Department director and tell her/him: "The children's father was against it but finally agreed. This was the delay." Promise that you will work to bring the girls up to speed on the class material.

I started my children very late into their CCD classes but they did catch up. We can't let our embarrassment, guilt, or other emotions hold us back from speaking up and getting what we need for our children hug
Oct 10th 2012 new

All set! hellokitty

Oct 10th 2012 new
(Quote) Alice-788574 said: All set!

All set!

--hide--

Oh this is so wonderful!!!! I am excited for you Alice biggrin
Oct 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: I have asked and pleaded, and finally he says they can enroll in religious ed classes, but only i...

I have asked and pleaded, and finally he says they can enroll in religious ed classes, but only if I pay for it and drive them every week. He lives within half a mile of the church. I live an hour away...

--hide--

Alice,

You are building up quite a treasure in heaven, my friend! Way to go with your girls! You are a great example to them and us all You get a Gold Star!

Sincerely - Lisa Duffy

Oct 17th 2012 new
Pharaoh's heart is further moved... He says he'll take the kids for FF during his parenting time, and he and his girlfriend were at Mass (um...awkward!). When we were together, our household was consecrated to the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts. He has since gotten rid of the pictures.But even so, and even though we are annulled, he is their father and I pray for his salvation. I hope something clicks. I also hope the rug doesn't get pulled out from under me as it almost always does... Hope can be tricky. God, I place them in your hands. Bind them in your love.
Posts 1 - 8 of 8