Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Hello to all,As Dave mentioned, I only got 8 right. Three of my picks lost in the last min...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Hello to all,

As Dave mentioned, I only got 8 right. Three of my picks lost in the last minute or so but it is still a loss.

As week 6 begins, I am going to choose one of Dave's upset picks. It will be noted below.

Bye week - Bears, Saints, Panthers, Jaguars

Once again, home teams are in bold:

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Steelers over the Titans

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Falcons
over the Raiders

Cowboys over the Ravens

Browns
over the Bengals (my upset pick)

Dolphins over the Rams

Colts over the Jets

Eagles
over the Lions

Buccaneers over the Chiefs

Bills over the Cardinals

Patriots over the Seahawks

49ers
over the Giants

Vikings over the Redskins

Sunday Evening, October 14, 2012

Texans
over the Packers

Monday, October 15, 2012

Chargers over the Broncos

Even though the Texans won, I don't think they played overall very well. Now, they have lost their best LB, Brian Cushing to a season-ending injury. This was caused by a crack-back block by a Jets player. At most positions, the Texans don't have a lot of depth. So, it is important for them to try and keep healthy throughout the season. Just my opinion.

Jerry, sounds as if you were quite a player. You may not have made All-America in sports but you sure are on my All-American team on this site.

Blessings to all and best wishes,

Leon

--hide--
Thanks my fellow Texan! But I wasn't "All" ANYTING! However, I do have an honorary medal at home given to me one Father's Day by my sons which on the card attached said, "To our All-American Dad".......(I cherish this among my most sentimental paraphernalia)

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: (Quote) Linda's Laity's...Week 6. Thursd...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

[quote]Linda's Laity's...Week 6.

Thursday game

Steelers over Titans (easy pic, I think)

Sunday games

Falcons over Raiders

Browns over Bengals (upset pick)

Rams over Dolphins

Jets over Colts

Eagles over Lions (no shame on my part in picking the Eagles)

Cowboys over Ravens (probably a loss for me, but can't go against my team)

Chiefs over Bucanneers

Patriots over Seahawks

Cardinals over Bills

49ers over Giants

Vikings over Redskins

Packers over Texans (think this might be the first loss for Texans) Sorry Leon, it's bound to happen!!

Monday game

Chargers over Broncos

Good luck to all with your picks this week. By the way....y'all might want to wish me luck, since I'm doing so poorly.

--hide--

Thank you for the picks,Linda.I wish you well... biggrin

Oct 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Gerard, I have read where famed Dallas Cowboy quarterback Don Meredith was in a game again...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Gerard,

I have read where famed Dallas Cowboy quarterback Don Meredith was in a game against the N.Y.Giants when their ALL-Pro linebacker Sam Huff was the "man in the middle" He had a lot of respect for Don's play and liked him. However, in a game....things were different. (he was a as mean and relentless as they come!) Once Don was in under center playing with a broken nose and his eyes were blackened from the injury. From what I could tell all he had was a bandage/bandaid across the bridge. He was enduring hit...after hit. He drifted back to pass....and Huff blitzed up the middle. He sacked Meredith so hard his head banged off the grass. (Don was ONE TOUGH quarterback folks) So Huff offers a hand while Don is about to get up. Meredith's words were "Why oh why....did I leave Mt Vernon?!" (meaning his Texas home town) Huff laughed really hard and you could see it on T.V.....though I had to read Don's response in a book~

--hide--

Jerry,

Thank you for another great story!

Oct 10th 2012 new

Predictions for Week 6 :Last week,I had 10 wins.

Steelers fence the Titans,21-10.

Falcons chase the Raiders,34-10.

Bengals quicker than the Browns,28-23.

Dolphins splash the Rams,17-16.

Jets saddle the Colts,24-17.

Eagles soar past the Lions,28-21.

Chiefs smoke out the Buccaneers,14-12.

Ravens fly past the Cowboys,21-16.

Patriots ground the Seahawks,28-21.

Cardinals look down on the Bills,21-17.

49ers topple the Giants,31-17.

Vikings sail past the Redskins,22-14.

Texans knot the Packers,24-23.

Broncos run past the Chargers,29-27.

Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: CM Football Overal Standings as of Week 5 David's Dominicans 49 (48...
(Quote) David-562122 said: CM Football

Overal Standings as of Week 5

David's Dominicans 49 (48)

Nancy's New School Nuns 45 (45)

Gerald's Fightin' Franciscans 45 (44)

Jerry's Jesuits 44 (43)

Leon's Texas Trinity 42 (42)

Linda's Laity 33 (33)

George's Benedictines 30 (10)
--hide--

Awe, after the Colts had the upset win over the Packers, no one is picking them? biggrin I think Andrew Luck can do it again.

Good luck everyone.

Thursday game

Steelers over Titans

Sunday games

Falcons over Raiders

Browns over Bengals

Dolphins over Rams

Colts over Jets

Eagles over Lions

Ravens over Cowboys

Bucanneers over Chiefs

Patriots over Seahawks

Cardinals over Bills

49ers over Giants

Redskins over Vikings

Packers over Texans

Monday game

Chargers over Broncos

Oct 11th 2012 new

Here is another one: Randy White an All-Pro defensive tackle for the Cowboys was sort of our "team bouncer" The guy could bench press 500lbs and could not be stopped one on one. And he was tough. One time we were playing I think the Eagles and our star running back Tony Dorsett was tackled roughly (thrown down like a body slam) by the Dallas sideline. The linebacker who tackled him stood over him and said something to the effect: "I have more of that for you after the game" White was right there and heard what he said. He went up to the player and it was rumored he said, "Yeah, well you'll have to come through me first!" The player walked away~

Oct 11th 2012 new
My best memory was watching my favorite player-Jack Youngblood-#85-when I was a boy. I remember him sacking Roger Staubach which was never an easy task. He started in the Superbowl with a broken leg--all heart.
Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: My best memory was watching my favorite player-Jack Youngblood-#85-when I was a boy. I remember him sack...
(Quote) David-562122 said: My best memory was watching my favorite player-Jack Youngblood-#85-when I was a boy. I remember him sacking Roger Staubach which was never an easy task. He started in the Superbowl with a broken leg--all heart.
--hide--
Remember him well.

He also played in a couple of movies

Oct 12th 2012 new

This one is somewhat funny that INVOLVED a former NFL player. I was once at a high school football game and was watching the team I was routing for getting beat. (I think they came back though and won) But while they were losing I heard a fan several rows away and up from me cursing (and bad bombs at that!) the refs out. He was extremely loud where all could hear....even the refs! I recognized him to be a former star player for the then Baltimore Colts. Lots of flags were being thrown for infractions and he would curse all the louder. Finally after all his yelling a ref looked up to the stands pointed right at him and "daintily" dropped a flag for 15 yards! I laughed! And guess what? He got real quiet after that! laughing

Oct 13th 2012 new

Here's a little funny I heard on Jay Leno last night during his opening monologue.....

"So Michael Vick said this week that he has gotten himself a dog...... bulldog

With the way he's been fumbling the football lately...let's hope it's a retriever"!! laughing laughing duck

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist. embarassed

Posts 181 - 190 of 200