Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: I'm just saying we need to keep the due process in perspective. One of BOs worst charact...
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said:

I'm just saying we need to keep the due process in perspective. One of BOs worst characteristics is the way he has run roughshod over the Constitution and due process. Mr. Romney needs to recapture respect for both Constitution and due process by doing all his redirection of the government legally, and according to accepted norms and rules.

--hide--

An excellent point!

Oct 11th 2012 new

I can't vote for Obama since he supports evil things.

I can't vote for the Mormon who has many many religious views that are not compatible with mine.

Am I really supposed to choose the lesser of two evils, or am I supposed to abstain from evil and pray for better future options? If Obama stays in office we are much more likely for him to drag us down, hopefully enough that in four years that we wake up and put a good man in office. In my case a vote for no one would be just that, because I can't see supporting either man.

Oct 11th 2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: No Charles, when a prolife Christian sits out, it is a vote for Obama, when a leftist liberal sits...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

No Charles, when a prolife Christian sits out, it is a vote for Obama, when a leftist liberal sits out, it is a vote for Romney....I doubt many leftist liberals will sti out though and this race is very, very, very close.

--hide--

100% accurate Cheryl....in an election that is going to be this close, the failure to vote is to concede the election.
Oct 11th 2012 new
(Quote) Shale-638433 said: I can't vote for Obama since he supports evil things. I can't vote for ...
(Quote) Shale-638433 said:

I can't vote for the Mormon who has many many religious views that are not compatible with mine.

Am I really supposed to choose the lesser of two evils, or am I supposed to abstain from evil and pray for better future options? If Obama stays in office we are much more likely for him to drag us down, hopefully enough that in four years that we wake up and put a good man in office. In my case a vote for no one would be just that, because I can't see supporting either man.

--hide--

As I do not know you, I will assume you are a United States citizen. For over 200 years people have been voting for candidates whose religious views are not compatible with the voter. Speaking for myself, as long as the US Constitution guarantees me the right to vote - a right that much of the world does not enjoy - then you'd better believe this military vet is going to exercise it. No, I do not agree with everything that the candidates stand for, but you can bet your buns that will never be my basis for abstaining what I consider to be a cherished civic duty. Unfortunately, we don't live in an ala carte system where as individuals can say, "I'll have some of this, but I think I'll pass on that" when it comes to elections. This is PRECISELY why we ought to do a LOT more praying to God Almighty for our leaders, that He will intervene in those issues that are of utmost importance. In the meantime, choosing not to vote is, frankly, IMHO, un-American. Sadly, it's also a reflection of what I see too often from Generation X.
Oct 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Shale-638433 said: I can't vote for Obama since he supports evil things. I can't vote for the Mormon ...

--hide--

Which religious views of Romney's do you feel impact his ability to perform as President of the United States? Voting for a person for political office is not an endorsement of their religious affiliation. They played that card with Kennedy in 1960 and they're playing it with Romney now. Divide and conquer. Don't fall for it.

The one thing that is certain is that one of the two will be elected in November. If you don't vote for Romney you are putting Obama that much closer to victory, so not voting (or voting for a candidate that has no possibility of winning) is not abstaining from evil.

Yes, we need to reform both political parties. Yes, we need better candidates in the future. Neither of these are going to be accomplished in the next month. Even if they were, it wouldn't change the candidates who are standing for election now.

In a different race, Romney might well be difficult to support. In this race, there's no contest: we need to ensure that Obama is no-mO-bama.

Oct 11th 2012 new
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: And on Day One Romney repeals Obamacare. MITT ROMNEY: "...

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: And on Day One Romney repeals Obamacare.

MITT ROMNEY: "As you might imagine, I disagree with the Supreme Courts decision and I agree with the dissent. What the Court did not do on its last day in session, I will do on my first day if elected President of the United States. And that is I will act to repeal Obamacare."

www.youtube.com

www.mittromney.com

With all due respect to Governor Romney, and I do genuinely respect him on many levels, the President will not have the power to "repeal" Obamacare on day one or on any day. The law was passed by the Congress and signed by his predecessor, so it can only be repealed by the Congress with a new law that he then could have the pleasure of signing. This is why conservatives MUST re-take the Senate. This is absolutely necessary to get rid of Obamacare. If you have any spare cash, support conservative senatorial candidates!

What a President Romney could do is get rid of the HHS rules that violate our religious freedoms as Catholics. But, even that would probably not happen on day 1 as there is a due process for rule changes that requires publishing rules and taking input from the public. He could start that in motion on day one.

He could also invite the Congress to prepare a bill gutting Obamacare, but retaining the parts the People like. This will take some give and take in the Congress, but I would think if conservatives hold majorities in both houses, and assuming (and it is a big assumption) that the Democrats do not philibuster in the Senate, that such a bill could be produced in about 2 months.

He could fire Secretary Sibelius on day one, and I certainly pray he does fire her instantly, and he could fire all the illegal czars as well. Of course a new Secretary of HHS will require advise and consent hearing in the Senate, but a deputy could take charge until then.

I'm just saying we need to keep the due process in perspective. One of BOs worst characteristics is the way he has run roughshod over the Constitution and due process. Mr. Romney needs to recapture respect for both Constitution and due process by doing all his redirection of the government legally, and according to accepted norms and rules.

--hide--
Yes. I understand. He was talking in "shorthand". He explains it with more precision on his web site.

MITT'S PLAN

"On his first day in office, Mitt Romney will issue an executive order that paves the way for the federal government to issue Obamacare waivers to all fifty states. He will then work with Congress to repeal the full legislation as quickly as possible.

In place of Obamacare, Mitt will pursue policies that give each state the power to craft a health care reform plan that is best for its own citizens. The federal government's role will be to help markets work by creating a level playing field for competition." www.mittromney.com

~Thanks for highlighting this detail.
Oct 11th 2012 new
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: The law was passed by the Congress and signed by his predecessor, so it can only be repealed by the Congress ...

The law was passed by the Congress and signed by his predecessor, so it can only be repealed by the Congress with a new law that he then could have the pleasure of signing. This is why conservatives MUST re-take the Senate. This is absolutely necessary to get rid of Obamacare. If you have any spare cash, support conservative senatorial candidates!

--hide--

Here's a good guy who needs our help. Allen West. west.house.gov

Dick Morris just sent out an alert pleading with people to send in a donation. secure.giveworks.net
Oct 11th 2012 new
(Quote) Shale-638433 said: I can't vote for Obama since he supports evil things. I can't vote for ...

--hide--

As voters, the only time our opinions count is on the first Tuesday in November every four years. To opt not to vote is to opt to remain silent altogether.
Oct 11th 2012 new

--hide--
Hi Shale! Welcome to the forums.

Please-please-please see the documentary "2016 Obama's America" and reflect upon how serious it is that we vote Obama out of office. If you can't make it to the theatre this weekend, it will be out on DVD on October 16. 2016themovie.com

Also, please see the CatholicVote.org analysis - "Obama vs. Romney- The Choice is Clear"- www.catholicvote.org

Then VOTE! Your Country Needs you NOW! United States Flag
Oct 11th 2012 new
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: Just like nobody is good enough to be the husband or wife of single people on CM. Never settle. ...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

Just like nobody is good enough to be the husband or wife of single people on CM.

Never settle. Always hold out for someone better.

--hide--

LOL!

If you find a keeper, keep her! That's what I did.
Posts 101 - 110 of 114