Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Jam-Up

Oct 12th 2012 new

I noticed that a particular ad jams up my navigating CM. Whenever that "thousands of others will be praying for you" one with the clouds and the moving light rays appears on the screen, my whole computer system slows down. Three times yesterday, when I was on the Stream page and that ad appeared and I tried going to the My Topics page while that ad was still moving, my whole Internet connection froze up; I had to close the Internet and get back in. I tried letting the ad play out completely before I changed the page, and once it was finished, I had no trouble accessing another tab.

What gives?

Oct 12th 2012 new

Google serves our advertisements and unfortunately on occasion one or two will slip through that do not work well with the site. If you can give me a bit more information about the advertisement, I can block the ad so that it will never appear on the site again.

If you can right click on the advertisement and select the option to copy the url and then sent it to us in a help ticket, this would be most helpful. If you know what the advertisement was for, we MIGHT be able to locate it that way, but the url is the most important piece of the puzzle.

Oct 12th 2012 new
I don't get an option for copy when I right click on the ad (it just popped up so I tried it). It's for Christian Prayer Center.

I right-clicked on the AdChoices box, and there was an option for "View Source." When I selected that, I got a box of about 60 lines of programming code.
Oct 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I don't get an option for copy when I right click on the ad (it just popped up so I tried it). It'...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I don't get an option for copy when I right click on the ad (it just popped up so I tried it). It's for Christian Prayer Center.

I right-clicked on the AdChoices box, and there was an option for "View Source." When I selected that, I got a box of about 60 lines of programming code.
--hide--

What browser and operating system are you using?

Oct 12th 2012 new
embarassed technical questions....

I'm using Explorer.....
Oct 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Debbie-696127 said: Google serves our advertisements and unfortunately on occasion one or two will slip through tha...
(Quote) Debbie-696127 said:

Google serves our advertisements and unfortunately on occasion one or two will slip through that do not work well with the site. If you can give me a bit more information about the advertisement, I can block the ad so that it will never appear on the site again.

If you can right click on the advertisement and select the option to copy the url and then sent it to us in a help ticket, this would be most helpful. If you know what the advertisement was for, we MIGHT be able to locate it that way, but the url is the most important piece of the puzzle.

--hide--

The option for copying the URL for the link varies from browser to browser:

Firefox - Copy Link Location
Chrome (Windows) - Copy Link Address
Microsoft Internet Explorer - Copy Shortcut
(other browsers may vary -- I don't have them installed to check)

If you don't see the options listed above on the right click menu and there is something about Adobe Flash listed you will have to click on the ad and copy the URL from the browser address bar (unless the CM folks are aware of another trick I'm not...)  Sorry!

If there is an Ad Choice tab in the upper right corner of the ad, after capturing and reporting the URL you can click on that and block that particular ad from appearing again (for you only).

Oct 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: technical questions.... I'm using Explorer.....
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: technical questions....

I'm using Explorer.....
--hide--

Look for Copy Shortcut

Oct 12th 2012 new
That option is not listed, neither when I right-click on the ad, nor when I right-click on the little AdChoices box.
Oct 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: That option is not listed, neither when I right-click on the ad, nor when I right-click on the little AdC...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: That option is not listed, neither when I right-click on the ad, nor when I right-click on the little AdChoices box.
--hide--

In that case you will have to click on the ad and copy the URL from the browser address bar while you are viewing the target page.

Oct 12th 2012 new
Thanks! I did, copied the address & submitted a Help ticket, supplying that address to Admin.
Posts 1 - 10 of 26