Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

10/11/2012 new

(Quote) Grace-388301 said: Hello everyone again! I am asking for your prayers. I have been really struggling at work ...
(Quote) Grace-388301 said:

Hello everyone again!

I am asking for your prayers. I have been really struggling at work lately and do not know where to turn. Some of the higher ups are really not treating me with respect and just yelling at me. I have been working so hard at work and I care more for the students then some of the other staff members. I am really trying not to be stressed but I am really stressed out, because I never want to get up for work in the mornings. I am not sure what I am doing either and I am really beginning to doubt my abilities as a teacher, because some people that I work with says that I will not get a job anywhere else if I were to move away from this job. I am just a bit confused and my prayer life is really struggling now and I know that I need to rely on God and I am really having trouble with this and I know what I have to do but I kind of push it to the side. I have so many mixed feelings right now. I am just really confused and I don't know what to do. Can you please pray that I have patience with the staff that I work with and my co-workers who are just putting me down and I never get one ounce of praise at work to tell me how great of a job that I am doing. I just need prayers and support right now that I don't know who I can go to out here on the Reservation. Well thank you for listening.

Peace,

Grace

--hide--
Grace, think of the crucified Christ. He is the best teacher of all. What did the Pharisees and the Sadducees do to him. They mocked him, questioned him, crucified him. Just do what your vocation asked of you. I was a teacher for 18 years in college. The reward of being one is seeing your students become successful in life. My prayers are for you. Peace

10/12/2012 new

Liberacion has an excellent point.

Prayers lifted on your behalf. God bless you, Grace! hug

10/12/2012 new

Been there, done that. Prayers ascending Praying Praying Praying

10/17/2012 new

I am truly trying to keep my chin up with all of the situations at work, but I seem to be becoming more and more stressed. I am trying to really know where I belong at work. It seems that there is so much more paperwork and more paperwork everyday. I get no credit still for what I do for the students and my para-educators are frustrating me now. I am getting burned out and can't wait until Christmas when I have two weeks off from the students and the staff that I work with. I am beyond discouraged and do not know how I am going to handle the rest of the school year. I don't know anymore. Continued prayers would help and I know that I need to spend some time with God, but I have been kind of pushing that back and I never want to do my schoolwork and know that I need to do it.

10/17/2012 new

(Quote) Grace-388301 said: I am truly trying to keep my chin up with all of the situations at work, but I seem to be becomin...

I am truly trying to keep my chin up with all of the situations at work, but I seem to be becoming more and more stressed. I am trying to really know where I belong at work. It seems that there is so much more paperwork and more paperwork everyday. I get no credit still for what I do for the students and my para-educators are frustrating me now. I am getting burned out and can't wait until Christmas when I have two weeks off from the students and the staff that I work with. I am beyond discouraged and do not know how I am going to handle the rest of the school year. I don't know anymore. Continued prayers would help and I know that I need to spend some time with God, but I have been kind of pushing that back and I never want to do my schoolwork and know that I need to do it.

--hide--
Grace, political correctness and undisciplined "students" have forced many out of the teaching profession. A close friend's wife finally left after teaching (or rather trying to teach) in Prince George's County in Maryland. You have considerable skills and should be able to find work elsewhere even if a move is required. No job is more important than your health.

10/17/2012 new

(Quote) Grace-388301 said: Hello everyone again! I am asking for your prayers. I have been really struggling at work ...

Hello everyone again!

I am asking for your prayers. I have been really struggling at work lately and do not know where to turn. Some of the higher ups are really not treating me with respect and just yelling at me. I have been working so hard at work and I care more for the students then some of the other staff members. I am really trying not to be stressed but I am really stressed out, because I never want to get up for work in the mornings. I am not sure what I am doing either and I am really beginning to doubt my abilities as a teacher, because some people that I work with says that I will not get a job anywhere else if I were to move away from this job. I am just a bit confused and my prayer life is really struggling now and I know that I need to rely on God and I am really having trouble with this and I know what I have to do but I kind of push it to the side. I have so many mixed feelings right now. I am just really confused and I don't know what to do. Can you please pray that I have patience with the staff that I work with and my co-workers who are just putting me down and I never get one ounce of praise at work to tell me how great of a job that I am doing. I just need prayers and support right now that I don't know who I can go to out here on the Reservation. Well thank you for listening.

Peace,

Grace

--hide--

Praying rosary theheart May God give you strength in your job. I know teaching can be difficult. Keep turning to Christ. Pray also for those that are being unkind and uncharitable to you. May God soften their hearts. We are God's handiwork , special unique and talented in different ways. Don't let anyone make you feel less of a person.

God Bless you . Praying hug rosary theheart Kathleen

10/17/2012 new

Praying Praying rosary

10/26/2012 new

Thank you for praying for me. I am still struggling, but things are getting a little bit better for me. I am still trying to be upbeat about things at work. I think that sometimes I am just geting burned out or something. I teach students with special needs and I love the students, but it so much work in my new classroom and we still are not working as a team and I am trying really hard to be a good head teacher, but at times I do not think that I am and that I keep thinking about the people who have been putting me down saying that I will not get a job anywhere else at the way that I am teaching now. I am trying not to believe that, but I am still confused about what I am supposed to do and I am trying my best not to let this get me down, but at times it does. Continued prayers would be helpful. I am truly trying to make this work and I am trying to look at different options for next year.

10/26/2012 new

Thank you for praying for me. I am still struggling, but things are getting a little bit better for me. I am still trying to be upbeat about things at work. I think that sometimes I am just geting burned out or something. I teach students with special needs and I love the students, but it so much work in my new classroom and we still are not working as a team and I am trying really hard to be a good head teacher, but at times I do not think that I am and that I keep thinking about the people who have been putting me down saying that I will not get a job anywhere else at the way that I am teaching now. I am trying not to believe that, but I am still confused about what I am supposed to do and I am trying my best not to let this get me down, but at times it does. Continued prayers would be helpful. I am truly trying to make this work and I am trying to look at different options for next year.

Posts 31 - 39 of 39