Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Oct 12th 2012 new

For what it is worth that ad just appeard on my screen

www.christianprayercenter.com

It caused no problems with my PC.

If you are using Internet Explorer 9.0 I have had other issues with the browser.

My solution was to remove IE 9.0 and go back to IE 8.0.

Oct 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Dave-80159 said: For what it is worth that ad just appeard on my screen http://www.christianprayercenter....
(Quote) Dave-80159 said:

For what it is worth that ad just appeard on my screen

www.christianprayercenter.com

It caused no problems with my PC.

If you are using Internet Explorer 9.0 I have had other issues with the browser.

My solution was to remove IE 9.0 and go back to IE 8.0.

--hide--

Lina's problem wasn't with the browser. Some of the ads are Adobe Flash widgets that don't allow the target URL to be copied using right click (with any browser).

Oct 12th 2012 new
Still trying to figure out what Lina's problem is? wink
Oct 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Still trying to figure out what Lina's problem is?
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Still trying to figure out what Lina's problem is?
--hide--

That's far above my pay grade...

Oct 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Debbie-696127 said: Google serves our advertisements and unfortunately on occasion one or two will slip through that do not work w...
(Quote) Debbie-696127 said:

Google serves our advertisements and unfortunately on occasion one or two will slip through that do not work well with the site. If you can give me a bit more information about the advertisement, I can block the ad so that it will never appear on the site again.

If you can right click on the advertisement and select the option to copy the url and then sent it to us in a help ticket, this would be most helpful. If you know what the advertisement was for, we MIGHT be able to locate it that way, but the url is the most important piece of the puzzle.

--hide--

I don't like it that CM allows the other dating sites to advertise on CM. Also, the World of Warfare video game. It is evil.
Oct 12th 2012 new

Helen, my understanding is that AdChoices simply rotates ads through any of their subscriber sites. Yeah, I raise my eyebrow occasionally at the mismatch of ad to site, but I usually ignore them, as I do so many of the TV ads advertising certain little blue pills.

Oct 12th 2012 new
Ohh! I haven't seen those ads yet! CM really needs to eliminate inappropriate ads.
Oct 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Ohh! I haven't seen those ads yet! CM really needs to eliminate inappropriate ads.
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Ohh! I haven't seen those ads yet! CM really needs to eliminate inappropriate ads.
--hide--

The only capability CM has is to block specific ads after they are displayed. This is why it is important to capture the URLs and report them via a Help ticket.

Oct 12th 2012 new

Help ticket closed as problem was solved--Admin blocked the ad from ever appearing again. Woo-hoo, Admin! Wolf Whistle thumbsup clap

Oct 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Helen-450889 said: Ohh! I haven't seen those ads yet! CM really needs to eliminate i...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Helen-450889 said: Ohh! I haven't seen those ads yet! CM really needs to eliminate inappropriate ads.

The only capability CM has is to block specific ads after they are displayed. This is why it is important to capture the URLs and report them via a Help ticket.

--hide--

I have reported several ads using the url. They are still here.
Posts 11 - 20 of 26