The more we learn about this law that was conceived in a backroom deal among the Democrats, rammed through Congress without as much as a debate, and signed into law despite the protests of the citizenry at-large, it is becoming more and more apparent why it all went down the way that it did.
At any rate, if Obama is re-elected and Harry Reid stays as Majority Leader in the Senate, this is just a sample of what we have to look forward to...
- The bill will provide insurance to all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally (p. 50, sec. 152).
- The government will have real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those accounts (pp. 58-59).
- The plan will be subsidized (by the government/us) for all union members, union retirees and for community organizations (such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN). (p. 65, sec. 164).
- Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees (pp. 241, 253).
- Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age. Those over 75 are not eligible for cancer treatment (pp. 272, sec. 1145).
- The government will impose a prohibition on hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an exception (pp. 317, 321).
- The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an "end-of-life planning" (death counseling) seminar every five years (pp. 425; 4-12).
- The government will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order (pp. 429; 13-25).
This just covers the first 429 pages of the massive 2,900 pages of this new law. Of course, Congress, who created this law, have also managed to exempt themselves from the provisions contained in it, but that's nothing new!
So, the question is, what else are we about to learn over time concerning this law?