Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Oct 12th 2012 new

Theresa - There are single guys on this website that want children. Don't give up. I also would not put all my eggs in one basket. Keep posting in the forums and make yourself well known. Have outside interests -- Catholic Match is not the only way to meet men. You have a young child and sometimes that is even better. Your knew husband to be would also be able to raise your child especially at a young age like one of his own children. When children are teenagers it is harder to raise them and maybe the child would not be so accepting of another stepfather.

Think positive.

Oct 13th 2012 new

Do not give up hope. Sometimes life is difficult but keep praying and ask God to help you. You seem like a very strong person. Keep the faith and never give up hope.

Oct 14th 2012 new
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: You don't have to give up hope just because something isn't working. There are ways to meet people, even ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

You don't have to give up hope just because something isn't working. There are ways to meet people, even in your circumstances, although, admitedly it's certainly more difficult and challenging. If you do happen to meet someone, it will be an awesome, special person -- well worth the wait. If you think back, you realize you were able to marry another person after the loss of your first husband. You've gotten through some of the worst times of your life. Even the present is difficult, especially being a single parent.

It was suggested that you join a support group. There may be more than one type of group that could be helpful -- one for special needs children. It's possible if such an organization exists nearby, children could be brought along, thereby saving the cost of a sitter. Or....is there a friend, neighbor, or nearby relative who can help out with this?

Perhaps it's not meant for you to meet someone now because of all that you already have on your mind. If you ask the Good Lord what His will is, He will let you know in His own way.

You've been in the forums enough to know what type of support you can receive from CM members. That alone might making staying worthwhile. If not, and you are using CM almost entirely to look for that special person, keep in mind that online sites are added "tools" for looking. Online sites can be helpful for those whose schedules or circumstances inhibit social life considerably.

After reading your other post that included the financial burdens you now face, it's probable that you're overly stressed. Is there a way for you to have some "me" time? Adoration perhaps? Hobbies? You've gotten this far so your survival instincts must be strong.

--hide--

CM has always been more about meeting and talking to others. I just get the same answer all the time when it comes to meeting people. I would love to meet some other single Catholic parents that would enjoy meeting at parks and things like that, other people that have the same interests and issues. I have tried but no go so far. Maybe I can start a group. As for a support group, the closest thing I can find is Celiacs. They are different enough that I still feel like an outsider.

I guess I will just muddle along. I don't feel like CM is where I need to be if I am not actively looking for a spouse. It is all focused on marriage and I know that there are no single parents in my area who would be interested in a support group. I already tried that. Also I tried to see if there were any people out there that wanted to just be friends. No response to that either. I think I will have to look elsewhere.
Oct 14th 2012 new
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: You don't have to give up hope just because something isn't working. There are ways to meet people, even ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

You don't have to give up hope just because something isn't working. There are ways to meet people, even in your circumstances, although, admitedly it's certainly more difficult and challenging. If you do happen to meet someone, it will be an awesome, special person -- well worth the wait. If you think back, you realize you were able to marry another person after the loss of your first husband. You've gotten through some of the worst times of your life. Even the present is difficult, especially being a single parent.

It was suggested that you join a support group. There may be more than one type of group that could be helpful -- one for special needs children. It's possible if such an organization exists nearby, children could be brought along, thereby saving the cost of a sitter. Or....is there a friend, neighbor, or nearby relative who can help out with this?

Perhaps it's not meant for you to meet someone now because of all that you already have on your mind. If you ask the Good Lord what His will is, He will let you know in His own way.

You've been in the forums enough to know what type of support you can receive from CM members. That alone might making staying worthwhile. If not, and you are using CM almost entirely to look for that special person, keep in mind that online sites are added "tools" for looking. Online sites can be helpful for those whose schedules or circumstances inhibit social life considerably.

After reading your other post that included the financial burdens you now face, it's probable that you're overly stressed. Is there a way for you to have some "me" time? Adoration perhaps? Hobbies? You've gotten this far so your survival instincts must be strong.

--hide--

CM has always been more about meeting and talking to others. I just get the same answer all the time when it comes to meeting people. I would love to meet some other single Catholic parents that would enjoy meeting at parks and things like that, other people that have the same interests and issues. I have tried but no go so far. Maybe I can start a group. As for a support group, the closest thing I can find is Celiacs. They are different enough that I still feel like an outsider.

I guess I will just muddle along. I don't feel like CM is where I need to be if I am not actively looking for a spouse. It is all focused on marriage and I know that there are no single parents in my area who would be interested in a support group. I already tried that. Also I tried to see if there were any people out there that wanted to just be friends. No response to that either. I think I will have to look elsewhere.
Oct 15th 2012 new

Speaking as a 48 year old divorced father of 4, sad to say kids are often a deal breaker as many people dont want to raise somebody elses children. My kids are now all over the age of 18 so they are pretty mich out of the picture now, but I do have to admit that I do shy away from women who have children that are not at least in HS.

As far as guys that don't return your emoticons, you have to remember that a lot of the members on this site are non-paying members who are not very active here to begin with. I know I personlly due to the lack of numbers of women on this site at least in my region, I am mostly a non-paying member until I find that one member that I want to talk with, and then I buy a 1 month membership.

It has been my experience that only 1 in 10 women answer my initial emoticon. I wish that this site would become more like other dating websites that force the members to answer you when you send them an initial message, even if its just to say that you are not interested in them.

Oct 15th 2012 new
I will probably delete my profile in December when it comes due. Some guys actually say in their profile that they don't want kids at home. I can respect that. I used to feel that way until I got pregnant at the age of forty. there are less men out there the older I get and then I have my little girl. I think that I probably won't date until she is a lot older but then I might decide that I don't want a guy around telling me what to do! I do have to say that my first marriage was almost ideal. I recently told someone that if i could have him back I think I would do it. Just him, I wouldn't ask for the money, I wouldn't ask for the house, the cars, all the physical trappings. Just him. We could start over and it would be fine with me. But as my mom would say, If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Since he passed away, I have moved on. I think I made my point. Now I have my daughter and she will be the center of my life for now.
Oct 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Theresa-722703 said: One of my doctors at the VA Called me the black widow, jokingly of course! My second husband died four...
(Quote) Theresa-722703 said: One of my doctors at the VA Called me the black widow, jokingly of course! My second husband died four years ago. Having his daughter, she was two, who was special needs and the fact that we were divorced, I did not greve that much. I had already gone through that while pregnant when he divorced me. I was seeing a mental health professional on a regular basis.

Yes it is a bit disconcerting to see a woman who had two husbands and they both have passed away. Then they see child, special needs, and they run. It doesn't matter that her condition is mostly controlled by diet.

I get told all the time that there are men who would be happy to meet me. Yeah, but the ones who say that are not the ones who are supposedly out there.

My subscription is up in December and I am not going to renew. I do have a couple of friends that I have made through the site. I am already emailing them through regular email.

I have met men who I have dated through the internet. It is hard when I can't just drop everything and go out because I need a babysitter. I just keep thinking that it might be easier to just quit and forget about the whole dating thing!
--hide--
I'm retired from the photographic industry, and one of my pet peeves on dating sites is seeing so many profile pictures with sunglasses- eyes are important. I recently took a family picture in Florida, and when I made everyone remove their sunglasses, there was a lot of grumbling- until they saw the result. Get a friend to take a number of pictures on an overcast day so that you're not squinting into the sun. Also avoid using flash indoors- never flattering, it often washes out facial features. Stick to existing light indoors or outside. Before you post them, make sure the exposure is pleasing to the eye- not bleached out or too deep in shadow. Remember, pictures are first impressions!

Blessings, theheart

Pete

Oct 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I'm retired from the photographic industry, and one of my pet peeves on dating sites is seein...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I'm retired from the photographic industry, and one of my pet peeves on dating sites is seeing so many profile pictures with sunglasses- eyes are important. I recently took a family picture in Florida, and when I made everyone remove their sunglasses, there was a lot of grumbling- until they saw the result. Get a friend to take a number of pictures on an overcast day so that you're not squinting into the sun. Also avoid using flash indoors- never flattering, it often washes out facial features. Stick to existing light indoors or outside. Before you post them, make sure the exposure is pleasing to the eye- not bleached out or too deep in shadow. Remember, pictures are first impressions!

Blessings,

Pete

--hide--
So Peter, as a professional in the photography industry, any suggestions for me??

Oct 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: So Peter, as a professional in the photography industry, any suggestions for me??
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

So Peter, as a professional in the photography industry, any suggestions for me??

--hide--
Yep, sent you a note~ wave

Oct 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Theresa-722703 said: Okay I am getting that feeling again that I am wasting my time. I am 46 and both of my previous husban...
(Quote) Theresa-722703 said: Okay I am getting that feeling again that I am wasting my time. I am 46 and both of my previous husbands have passed away. Guys see that and run in the opposite direction. There are a couple who look further. Those couple see six year old child and they run.

Every so often I get the feeling that I am wasting my time. Don't say "There are plenty of guys out there who are in our age group and willing to start over." Oh did I mention that I will never be able to have any more children? Younger guys want more children, and we have little in common. Older guys I can talk to and relate to, they don't want kids.

I am just getting that feeling that I am wasting my time. Oh did I mention that I got the matched email? I emoted several of the guys and no answer. Same thing different day.
--hide--

Heck, don't you worry about the guys you sent those silly little emotigrams to who don't repond. I sent one smiley face to one guy and I kid you not, the guy blocked me. For a smiley face. I just laughed because it seemed a little ridiculous.

Posts 11 - 20 of 35