Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

10/15/2012 new

Here is another one...wow! What our church is really saying is all over the place.

cnsnews.com

(CNSNews.com) - Roman Catholic Bishop David A. Zubik of Pittsburgh says the Obama administration is telling American Catholics: “To Hell with you.”

“The Obama administration has just told the Catholics of the United States, ‘To Hell with you!’” the bishop said ina columnposted on his diocesan website. “There is no other way to put it.”

The bishop was responding to a regulation, finalized by Health and Human Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on Jan. 20, that orders all health-care plans in the United States to cover sterilizations and all FDA-approved contraceptives--including those that induce abortions--without any fees or co-pay.

10/15/2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Here is more news! THE CHURCH IS SUING OBAMA! And you're going to vote for him. ...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Here is more news!

THE CHURCH IS SUING OBAMA! And you're going to vote for him. Huh? How can it be any clearer on how the Church feels.

BREAKING: Cardinal Dolan of NY, Cardinal Wuerl of D.C., Notre Dame--And 40 Other Catholic Dioceses and Organizations--Sue Obama Administration

cnsnews.com

--hide--

I'm aware of this. :-) I'm well informed folks. I understand that many of you hate President Obama and I'm aware of these lawsuit, and I'm aware that one bishop (the Springfield Illinois bishop, not the conference of bishops, and not my bishop) has gone so far as to virtually say Vote for Mitt Romney or burn in hell. Personally, I think that is inappropriate. I'm not trying to convince you all to vote for Obama. I know that is not going to happen. I'm just asking you to tone down your harsh rhetoric.

Peace.
10/15/2012 new

(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Here is more news! THE CHURCH...
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said:
Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

Here is more news!

THE CHURCH IS SUING OBAMA! And you're going to vote for him. Huh? How can it be any clearer on how the Church feels.

BREAKING: Cardinal Dolan of NY, Cardinal Wuerl of D.C., Notre Dame--And 40 Other Catholic Dioceses and Organizations--Sue Obama Administration

cnsnews.com

I'm aware of this. :-) I'm well informed folks. I understand that many of you hate President Obama and I'm aware of these lawsuit, and I'm aware that one bishop (the Springfield Illinois bishop, not the conference of bishops, and not my bishop) has gone so far as to virtually say Vote for Mitt Romney or burn in hell. Personally, I think that is inappropriate. I'm not trying to convince you all to vote for Obama. I know that is not going to happen. I'm just asking you to tone down your harsh rhetoric.

Peace.
--hide--

Uh...no, you said Cardinal Dolan said it was ok...here he is saying it is not...I mean he is suing Obama....so why you need anything else is beyond me...but here is Cardinal Dolan himself.

www.youtube.com

And this isn't rheoric...this is souls at stake...this is the life and death of millions of babies at stake.

10/15/2012 new
There are other voices in the church:

www.guardian.co.uk
10/15/2012 new

...and this doesn't have anything to do with the Church and what it is saying, but take a look at Victor's thread on Obamacare....

- Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age. Those over 75 are not eligible for cancer treatment (pp. 272, sec. 1145).

www.catholicmatch.com

The cancer thing is only one aspect of it....but I am sickened that my parents cannot get care for cancer just because Obama does not rate them as worthy anymore once they turn 75...sickened about the whole board that will decide who to kill.

10/15/2012 new

(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: There are other voices in the church: www.guardian.co.uk.
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: There are other voices in the church:

www.guardian.co.uk
--hide--

THESE "nuns" do NOT speak for the church. In fact, they have been reprimanded.....very poor reference. Actually comparing a group of rogue nuns to the bishops is ridiculous to begin with....they are not following church teaching.

10/15/2012 new

(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: There are other voices in the church: www.guardian.co.uk.

www.guardian.co.uk
--hide--

I'll be finding you article links to show that they have been rebuked by the vatican. Please realize our Church is suing this administration because it is denying us our religious freedom and forcing us to be a part of their intrinsic evil...that should be enough for you.

10/15/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Joseph, I've contacted them once. Do you think it would help to contact the USCCB a...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Joseph, I've contacted them once. Do you think it would help to contact the USCCB again? And, I don't know how to put a link here, but if you do, why don't you post the link here again. Many more CM members read these forums than post here (I think maybe by a factor of 10 to 1 from what someone told me), so your posting may be motivating non-posting CM members to contact the USCCB too. I do agree that at this point, continuing discussion with Charles (for example) is fairly pointless.

--hide--
Patricia, I know that you've contacted them once, and I for one, certainly appreciate your effort. I see no need to send a second message. The real issue, as Paul posted earlier is that some people are getting the message, and some bishops are talking about it, and that's nice but it's only reaching small, and very limited groups.

Denise posted the letter from Bishop Paprocki in which he speaks about candidates who promote intrinsic evils, and our own sinfulness in supporting such candidates. A good letter, but how many people did it reach?

If a national body such as the USCCB would send a message to every diocese educating Catholics about this presidents anti-Catholic agenda, and about our own potential sinfulness in supporting that candidate, then that would reach millions of Catholics. http://www.usccb.org Sorry to omit the obvious! I don't bother with links too much, prefering to type it directly into my browser window, but to post a link simply type it out EXACTLY spacebar - it should light up.

10/15/2012 new

www.guardian.co.uk
--hide--

Here is one article about the Vatican's reprimand of those nuns:

www.nytimes.com

"...that an investigation found that the group had “serious doctrinal problems.”

Truthfully, I imagine these women's souls are at risk majorly as they are products of scandal and misleading many, many Catholics. As a female, on a personal note....they make me sick because they promote Obama which is promoting abortion as if Catholics think it is ok....misleading the world's Catholics who don't know they have been reprimanded and do NOT speak for the Church.

10/15/2012 new

Joseph posted this about the United States Catholic Bishops (all of the bishops) stating the Biden lied (didn't use that word...that is mine) about the church being ok with the HHS mandate...it is not.

www.usccb.org

So, basically, it boils down to this...are you going to listen to your Church or not? Do you believe your Church or not? If not, shouldn't we as fellow Catholics want to make you aware...out of love and concern???

Posts 91 - 100 of 200