Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Miracles to inspire you! :)

Oct 15th 2012 new

Time to be inspired! Dove

Remember this 'miracles' thread from a couple years back? fluffy I asked you to share any miracles you have experienced and you filled an entire thread with your inspirational and timeless stories. They are so amazing, many of you mentioned to me how you couldn't stop reading them! rose heart

At a time when many are struggling with discouragement and uncertainty, I thought you might want to peruse some of these great stories and/or post a new one. angel

May they serve as a powerful reminder that with God, all things are possible. theheart

www.catholicmatch.com

Oct 15th 2012 new

In 1993 my father had a surgery from ulcer. A portion of his intestine was cut and removed because it was rotten. For days, almost a week, the wound did not heal, pus kept on forming on the wound because he was diabetic. I remember I have a small statue of the little boy Jesus we called "The Santo Nino." It was made of wood about 6 inches tall and blackened. Story has it that there was a fire in a neighborhood. The owner of the statue placed it at the window facing the burning neighbor's house. The fire leveled all the houses in the block but one stood untouched - the house of the owner of the statue and the statue was still standing at the window already blackened by the fire. Another story told that the helper of the sister of the owner was scheduled for removal of the uterus because of cancer. They placed the statue on top of her belly and on the day the surgery was scheduled, the doctor found the uterus to be healthy and normal. With these stories, I brought the statue (the woman let it to me when my daughter had cancer) to my father's room and placed it on top of the wound. The next day the doctor was surprised, the pus dried and the wound healed. I still have the statue with me and friends and those who heard of it borrow the image from me, then return it afterwards. However though I am wary that the statue might be thrown away because some nurses and doctors do not believe it is miraculous.

Oct 15th 2012 new

As I was posting this thread, I remembered the day I lost and mysteriously found my little wooden Rosary. rosary

In May of 2011, I went for a walk with my small wooden, pocket Rosary, as usual. It was a gift from a friend back in the 1980's and I cherished this small and humble sacramental.

My walk was interrupted when Mom called asking me to shuttle her to Confession, so I returned home quickly, grabbed my purse and with Rosary still in hand, hopped in the car and rushed to pick her up.

Once Mom went to Confession, we returned to the car in the church parking lot and I suddenly realized I wasn't holding onto my Rosary. I retraced my steps inside and outside the church, but nothing. I raced home with Mom and searched everywhere, inside the house, outside, small places. I searched the car. A friend was here and helped me search, combing the lawn which had some patches of dirt at the time. I looked out there too, thinking I had accidentally dropped it. I distinctly remember both of us searching this one small area in particular, but nothing. I raced back to the church and again, retraced my steps. Again, no Rosary so I returned home to search some more. sad

I prayed fervently, asking both St. Anthony and my Guardian Angel to help me find it. By now, I was heartbroken. I loved that Rosary... where was it??? For some reason, I walked outside and again searched the front lawn with the patch of dirt and suddenly stopped... staring down at that dirt in utter disbelief. I could not believe my eyes: to my great surprise and relief, there it was! My little wooden Rosary lay in a perfect circle. I was shocked and happy at once.

When I told my friend she barely believed me, insisting she had carefully searched that area and I agreed that I had indeed witnessed her looking. We both searched it but we did not see the Rosary. I must have dropped it on the way to the car, but why didn't we see it when we combed this area? There is no way we could have missed it.

I can't explain this, although God can. Is this a miracle? It is to me. God is good and merciful. rosary theheart

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: In 1993 my father had a surgery from ulcer. A portion of his intestine was cut and removed b...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

In 1993 my father had a surgery from ulcer. A portion of his intestine was cut and removed because it was rotten. For days, almost a week, the wound did not heal, pus kept on forming on the wound because he was diabetic. I remember I have a small statue of the little boy Jesus we called "The Santo Nino." It was made of wood about 6 inches tall and blackened. Story has it that there was a fire in a neighborhood. The owner of the statue placed it at the window facing the burning neighbor's house. The fire leveled all the houses in the block but one stood untouched - the house of the owner of the statue and the statue was still standing at the window already blackened by the fire. Another story told that the helper of the sister of the owner was scheduled for removal of the uterus because of cancer. They placed the statue on top of her belly and on the day the surgery was scheduled, the doctor found the uterus to be healthy and normal. With these stories, I brought the statue (the woman let it to me when my daughter had cancer) to my father's room and placed it on top of the wound. The next day the doctor was surprised, the pus dried and the wound healed. I still have the statue with me and friends and those who heard of it borrow the image from me, then return it afterwards. However though I am wary that the statue might be thrown away because some nurses and doctors do not believe it is miraculous.

--hide--

Amazing story Liberacion! rose Glad to hear your father received healing. Dove

We never know how God will choose to work in our lives. Will it be something no one can explain or something more simple we can understand? Either way, God's ways are not our ways. I suppose our level of faith will determine what we can accept or reject.

Thank you for sharing your story! wave

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: Amazing story Liberacion! Glad to hear your father received healing. We never know...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

Amazing story Liberacion! Glad to hear your father received healing.

We never know how God will choose to work in our lives. Will it be something no one can explain or something more simple we can understand? Either way, God's ways are not our ways. I suppose our level of faith will determine what we can accept or reject.

Thank you for sharing your story!

--hide--

After being married a short time, I was grouse hunting with my husband. We stopped at a river to clean them. The water was freezing and when Bob shook the water off his hands, he unknowingly shook off his wedding ring. After he realized it was missing, we looked frantically in the mud and rock. We knew if at any point we stepped on it, it would have sunk into the ground and never be found. After a long search, we resigned ourselves to the fact that it was lost for good. We gave up looking. I went back to the truck where my dad was waiting and told him what happened. He insisted we go back and look some more. I prayed fervently to Saint Anthony as we made our way back to the river bank. When we arrived, I noticed the sun reflecting brightly off one bit of mud. It sent a ray straight up. Sure enough, there was his ring, buried over half way in the mud. Thank you St. Anthony. You are amazing!

Oct 15th 2012 new
I have been blessed more than once with my guardian angel working overtime. Once I was in St Louis visiting a friend & we were on a six lane highway when the car in front of us went into a skid & started doing 360's in the middle of the highway. It was drizzling at the time & the roads had just started to Freeze. About that time when my friend hit the breaks we started going in circles. It seemed like it lasted forever, I would open my eyes & we were going around in circles, close my eyes, then open again. I think we did at least six complete spins without hitting another car or the retaining wall. Thankfully our exit was only about a mile down the road so we stopped. I can honestly say both of us took some time to thank God that we were safe & in one piece..... angel Praying rosary theheart Praying
Oct 15th 2012 new

In 2003 our church initiated a perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament 24/7. Since my daughter and I were night owls, we chose the 1:00-2:00 AM schedule. The date was Oct. 13 when we arrived for our schedule, a small lady wearing black with long hair; her veil covered her face, met us by the doorway. She asked us that would it be okay for us if she'd take our schedule. We said yes and decided to take the 2:00-3:00AM schedule after her. We sat on the pew (the Blessed Sacramentt was placed in the "cry room" for privacy). When the 2:00 o'clock ended the lady came out and asked that she would extend for one more hour. So we just decided to go home. We were nearing our house, when we noticed a black car parked by our mailbox partially blocking our driveway. We just ignored it, then my daughter tried to squeeze in her car to park beside my son's car, a new Toyota Celica sportscar. When we were about to get out, three teenagers came out from my son's car running away towards the black car parked and speed away. They were "hotwiring" my son's car. Had we not decided to go home, the car would have been stolen. The next visit to the Blessed Sacrament, I checked the log book to see who that lady was. There was no entry, it was blank. Connecting that to the car incident, we thought that the lady wearing in black was Mother Mary, telling us to go home because something bad would happened to my son's car.

Oct 16th 2012 new

When my nephew was born the pediatrition completely missed a problem he had. A short time later my nephew had to be airlifted to a near by hospital that had a neo natal icu. it was touch and go and he was put on ecmo. My dad prayed and was told to find a rosary and put it in my nephews bed. (My dad was not catholic) My sister was being prepared to let my nephew go as they were nearing the end of the time he could be on ecmo. The day before the machines were to be turned off, my nephew started to improve and change, after over a month of nothing but going down hill. He steadily improved. The nicu doctors told my sister that there is no medical reason that my nephew is alive and that they shouls thank God. My nephew is now 17 yrs old.

Oct 16th 2012 new

Wonderful stories ladies! rose

Keep 'em coming! wavetheheart

Oct 16th 2012 new
www.news9.com

My coworker is the aunt of the girl in this story & she said this was so incredible. God granted a helper just when her niece needed someone to lend a helping hand when the child was born. The emergency workers said without the help of the stranger the baby would have died before they could get there. angel angel
Posts 1 - 10 of 72