Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Search Settings

10/15/2012 new

So I have a graduate assistantship in campus ministry at my university, and I signed up for Catholic Match last night. This morning, I noticed that one of my undergraduate student workers viewed my profile sometime today. Worst of all, I didn't realize it was him until I actually clicked on his picture and viewed his profile in return. I know that once you view someone's profile, it is listed on their own home page.

I am not at all interested in mixing my professional and personal life. Is there any way that I can set my settings so that only people at a certain age can view my profile? If I hide his profile from my list of matches, does that make me unviewable to him again?

Thank you for your help!!

Peace,

Sara

10/17/2012 new

Hiding his profile only makes him invisible to you in a search, not vice/versa. I don't think you can limit who views you by age. You could block him if he attempts to communicate with you.

10/18/2012 new

Welcome Sara. As Donna said, you are not able to hide your profile from anyone. Not having a picture is the only way to keep some anonymity, but with your location, and your name, it's pretty easy to figure out who you are, if someone knows you.

This happened to me here too. Someone I worked with was also on here. If I can suggest that you actually just say something to the person...that is what I did, otherwise it is too weird. Next time I saw them I said, small world I see we are both on CM....and that was it.

Sorry this is the first thing that happened to you! I hope you have better luck!

10/19/2012 new

Sara,

If there are specific people who you have seen on the site that you do not wish to view your profile, you can write a help ticket to request a block. As far as blocking anyone from a certain age range, this is not possible.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4