Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: Maybe we have (wasted time), but I don't think so. In the end, it doesn't re...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

Maybe we have (wasted time), but I don't think so. In the end, it doesn't really matter how Charles votes, but just think about how many others have become educated via responses made to him and other middle-of-the-roaders. When I respond to someone who has a quip about one specific area, when our Catholic Church has already given us our non-negotiable list, I keep in mind that there may be many, many others reading what I write. My intention (and I think the intention of others who respond) is to continue to give information from our Church, and repeat what we write, over and over and over again, so that new-comers may read it.

So it's o.k. for us to keep at it. We're still reaching people. People who will in turn, reach out to others. Who will copy and post to their FB page. Who will see the 2016 movie, then recommend for others to see it. It's all good!!

--hide--
Thank you for the kind thoughts Wendy. I'm sorry if I seem impatient. You're right about the many opportunities we have to learn something new about our faith from our forum discussions, and I am inspired by the truly faithful Catholics who have contributed. There are times, however, when intelligent discourse can degrade into convoluted, dysfunctional blather and I'm disappointed when people fail to percieve that threshhold. I have witnessed it a number of times already - not just with Charles, but by many others too.

We need to stay focused on how best to educate Catholics about the threats and utter contempt that the Obama administration has demonstrated against the Church. It's amazing how uninformed some people are, and I am fearful of what another four years of Obama would be like for our church, and our country. I hope the debate goes well tonight.

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) John-857142 said: "In our current system"...this is the key to your remarks. The current syst...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

"In our current system"...this is the key to your remarks. The current system is not what the founders had in mind and is not what made this country truly great. Under our current system, fewer and fewer kids are learnng to read and write and do basic math in our public schools.

I agree with your underlying thought that there is no such thing as a self made man or woman. We rely on other people to achieve. Wealth is a relative thing that gives one the capacity to command the labors of others. But if there is no other person around, the the wealthiest is actually quite poor.

--hide--

Thank you for agreeing with me, John!

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) John-857142 said: Mary, I'm sure glad I'm not on your email list. Hardly have time to read ever...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

Mary, I'm sure glad I'm not on your email list. Hardly have time to read everything that interests me, much less every link friends send me.

Don't get me wrong. I think you are knowledgeable, passionate, and have a burning desire to help people get their heads on straight. Your selections are useful and appropriate, but perhaps a wee bit too many. If I were much younger, I'd give you a whirl to see if we could help each other achieve common goals, but as it is, you are among the few worth watching.

--hide--

John, I don't think any amount of information right now is "too much". We are in a very close campaign and need all the info we can get. Mary is spending a large amount of her valuable time to provide this. Maybe one of these links will touch just one person. This is the appropriate place to provide these, this thread is titled "What Can We Do to Get Romney/Ryan elected" There are other forums that are just for fun that you might enjoy:)

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: I'm attacking you? You're coming at me from a totally different thread!!!!Don'...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

I'm attacking you? You're coming at me from a totally different thread!!!!
Don't pray for me....leave me alone please...thank you!

--hide--

Laura, I agree with Cheryl. If you don't agree with voting for Romney, are you in this thread just to stir up trouble?

The other thread was a total mocking of these threads, so she has every reason to defend herself from you.

Oct 16th 2012 new

I think we need to pray, just pray and pray and pray. I've stopped calling my Republican actually. I couldn't believe that some people are so blinded by their committment to their party that they cannot see what is happening. Because of that I've decided that from now on, I'm a Catholic. Not a republican or democrat, but a Catholic first. No part of my mind or body is controlled by anything but my beliefs on justice, realistic expectations and personal responsibility. I think if we can convince people to start thinking separately from their party lines they will see more clearly.

When I heard that Barack Obama was the only senator to vote in favour of not providing life-saving treatments for babies that survived abortion.....I knew that there was something disturbingly wrong with him. Even people who believed in being pro-choice did not vote for that, the practice is so horrific. I had to ask myself.....How could someone vote for that? Then when he commented negatively that when people were frightened they turned to guns and religion....I understood. He reveals more and more about himself over time.

Regarding the HHS mandate. It begs the question. The church has explained to him they CANNOT follow the law. So why will he allow the Amish to be exempted but not the catholics? It can be only two answers.....Either.....he doesn't understand the Catholics, or he doesn't care that Catholics can't follow it. If he understands that it affects the Catholics and that Catholics can't follow it......then there must be some reason that he doesn't mind Catholics will have to violate the law because of their conscious OR give up their religion. What does he expect us to choose?

If he doesn't understand the Catholics.....why does he not discuss it with the bishops? Why does he insist on telling bishops that they have the power to change their requirements?

If he doesn't CARE that the Catholics can't follow it....why does he not care? What does that say about how he makes decisions? What is his goal, if it does not include Catholics? Which it obviously doesn't, because if he was worried about the law being able to serve everyone, why is the Cahtolic church absent? Catholic hospitals are non-profit. All their profit goes towards treating more people. Catholic institutions are a major force in society. What does he gain by these being absent. Well, society loses alot. But his administration would gain alot though. These are just my thoughts....I realize that they are simply a practice of logic.

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Marissa-529206 said: I think we need to pray, just pray and pray and pray. I've stopped calling my Republican ac...
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said:

I think we need to pray, just pray and pray and pray. I've stopped calling my Republican actually. I couldn't believe that some people are so blinded by their committment to their party that they cannot see what is happening. Because of that I've decided that from now on, I'm a Catholic. Not a republican or democrat, but a Catholic first. No part of my mind or body is controlled by anything but my beliefs on justice, realistic expectations and personal responsibility. I think if we can convince people to start thinking separately from their party lines they will see more clearly.

(1.)When I heard that Barack Obama was the only senator to vote in favour of not providing life-saving treatments for babies that survived abortion.....I knew that there was something disturbingly wrong with him. Even people who believed in being pro-choice did not vote for that, the practice is so horrific. I had to ask myself.....How could someone vote for that? Then when he commented negatively that when people were frightened they turned to guns and religion....I understood. He reveals more and more about himself over time.

Regarding the HHS mandate. It begs the question. The church has explained to him they CANNOT follow the law. So why will he allow the Amish to be exempted but not the catholics? It can be only two answers.....Either.....(2.) he doesn't understand the Catholics, or he doesn't care that Catholics can't follow it. If he understands that it affects the Catholics and that Catholics can't follow it......then there must be some reason that he doesn't mind Catholics will have to violate the law because of their conscious OR give up their religion. What does he expect us to choose?

If he doesn't understand the Catholics.....(3.) why does he not discuss it with the bishops? Why does he insist on telling bishops that they have the power to change their requirements?

If he doesn't CARE that the Catholics can't follow it....(4.) why does he not care? What does that say about how he makes decisions? What is his goal, if it does not include Catholics? Which it obviously doesn't, because if he was worried about the law being able to serve everyone, why is the Cahtolic church absent? Catholic hospitals are non-profit. All their profit goes towards treating more people. Catholic institutions are a major force in society. What does he gain by these being absent. Well, society loses alot. But his administration would gain alot though. These are just my thoughts....(5.) I realize that they are simply a practice of logic.

--hide--

1.) As State Senator, he voted against Illinois's Born Alive Act on 3 separate occasions.

2.) He fully understands the Catholic Church's moral stance concerning this issue. He's an arrogant elitist married to his ideology, he's not stupid. That's where everyone is making a huge mistake concerning this man. He's neither stupid or incompetent - he knows exactly what's he doing.

3.) Why would he? What they have to say means absolutely nothing to him.

4.) What is his goal? Simple to understand, but masked very well by this administration and those who are working to help him advance his agenda. Why is he going after Catholics? For the reasons you outlined in your post. The end goal of the ObamaCare law is to move the entire population into a single-payer government-run health care system. If you're a practicioner of Chicago-style "thug" politics, how do you accomplish this? Simple. You put your competition out of business through any means necessary. This HHS mandate gives Obama and his minions the best of both worlds. He accomplishes his secondary goal of diminishing the Catholic Church by limiting her ability to reach the populace through its charities and the like while achieving his ultimate goal of getting those aided and served by the Church and associated organizations into the government-run system. Chicago politics at its finest (or worst). And since the Catholic Church is the largest school of fish in the ocean, conquering her makes the rest of the sea that much easier to conquer.

5.) The logic isn't all that complicated if you understand the central purpose behind it.

theheart

Oct 16th 2012 new
(Quote) Victor-544727 said: (Quote) Marissa-529206 said: I think we need to pray, just pray and pray and pr...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Quote:
Marissa-529206 said:

(1.)When I heard that Barack Obama was the only senator to vote in favour of not providing life-saving treatments for babies that survived abortion.....I knew that there was something disturbingly wrong with him. Even people who believed in being pro-choice did not vote for that, the practice is so horrific. I had to ask myself.....How could someone vote for that? Then when he commented negatively that when people were frightened they turned to guns and religion....I understood. He reveals more and more about himself over time.

Regarding the HHS mandate. It begs the question. The church has explained to him they CANNOT follow the law. So why will he allow the Amish to be exempted but not the catholics? It can be only two answers.....Either.....(2.) he doesn't understand the Catholics, or he doesn't care that Catholics can't follow it. If he understands that it affects the Catholics and that Catholics can't follow it......then there must be some reason that he doesn't mind Catholics will have to violate the law because of their conscious OR give up their religion. What does he expect us to choose?

If he doesn't understand the Catholics.....(3.) why does he not discuss it with the bishops? Why does he insist on telling bishops that they have the power to change their requirements?

If he doesn't CARE that the Catholics can't follow it....(4.) why does he not care? What does that say about how he makes decisions? What is his goal, if it does not include Catholics? Which it obviously doesn't, because if he was worried about the law being able to serve everyone, why is the Cahtolic church absent? Catholic hospitals are non-profit. All their profit goes towards treating more people. Catholic institutions are a major force in society. What does he gain by these being absent. Well, society loses alot. But his administration would gain alot though. These are just my thoughts....(5.) I realize that they are simply a practice of logic.

1.) As State Senator, he voted against Illinois's Born Alive Act on 3 separate occasions.

2.) He fully understands the Catholic Church's moral stance concerning this issue. He's an arrogant elitist married to his ideology, he's not stupid. That's where everyone is making a huge mistake concerning this man. He's neither stupid or incompetent - he knows exactly what's he doing.

4.) What is his goal? Simple to understand, but masked very well by this administration and those who are working to help him advance his agenda. Why is he going after Catholics? For the reasons you outlined in your post. The end goal of the ObamaCare law is to move the entire population into a single-payer government-run health care system. If you're a practicioner of Chicago-style "thug" politics, how do you accomplish this? Simple. You put your competition out of business through any means necessary. This HHS mandate gives Obama and his minions the best of both worlds. He accomplishes his secondary goal of diminishing the Catholic Church by limiting her ability to reach the populace through its charities and the like while achieving his ultimate goal of getting those aided and served by the Church and associated organizations into the government-run system. Chicago politics at its finest (or worst). And since the Catholic Church is the largest school of fish in the ocean, conquering her makes the rest of the sea that much easier to conquer.

5.) The logic isn't all that complicated if you understand the central purpose behind it.

--hide--
Excellent, Victor! You get a Gold Star!

Dearest Marissa, WELCOME BACK! hug rose CM needs Marissa! biggrin

Marissa, Something you said caught my eye because I say the same thing. A couple months ago I walked into an anniversary celebration for dear friends in the dance community. Upon entering, one of the most liberal leftist political-legal acquaintances among the crew greets me with "Miss Republican!" To that I responded, as I have on other occasions... "I'm Catholic! My loyalties are with God, my family, my country....not a political party."

(I registered as a Republican...though I grew up in an all Democrat town...because of Dems stance on Abortion. Dems ruined it for themselves by boldly turning their backs on God, family values, and going off the cliff with liberal agenda.)
Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Marissa-529206 said: I think we need to pray, just pray and pray and pray. I've stopped calling my Republican ac...
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said:

When I heard that Barack Obama was the only senator to vote in favour of not providing life-saving treatments for babies that survived abortion.....I knew that there was something disturbingly wrong with him. Even people who believed in being pro-choice did not vote for that, the practice is so horrific. I had to ask myself.....How could someone vote for that? Then when he commented negatively that when people were frightened they turned to guns and religion....I understood. He reveals more and more about himself over time.

Regarding the HHS mandate. It begs the question. The church has explained to him they CANNOT follow the law. So why will he allow the Amish to be exempted but not the catholics? It can be only two answers.....Either.....he doesn't understand the Catholics, or he doesn't care that Catholics can't follow it. If he understands that it affects the Catholics and that Catholics can't follow it......then there must be some reason that he doesn't mind Catholics will have to violate the law because of their conscious OR give up their religion. What does he expect us to choose?

If he doesn't understand the Catholics.....why does he not discuss it with the bishops? Why does he insist on telling bishops that they have the power to change their requirements?

If he doesn't CARE that the Catholics can't follow it....why does he not care? What does that say about how he makes decisions? What is his goal, if it does not include Catholics? Which it obviously doesn't, because if he was worried about the law being able to serve everyone, why is the Cahtolic church absent? Catholic hospitals are non-profit. All their profit goes towards treating more people. Catholic institutions are a major force in society. What does he gain by these being absent. Well, society loses alot. But his administration would gain alot though. These are just my thoughts....I realize that they are simply a practice of logic.

--hide--

Hi Marissa, welcome back to the forums! We need your help desperately in these political threads! And, as for prayer, please see my thread in the prayer forum called Thursday Night Prayer Group for Romney/Ryan Victory. We pray as a virtual community every Thursday night at 10PM EST, 9PM CST, 7PM PST until the election. There is a novena to St. Thomas More and litany to him in the thread. Please join us! (and that offer is extended to everyone that reads this thread!)

Oct 16th 2012 new

I completely understand voting against anyone who supports abortion. That's about where I am. It has lost me many a political friend.

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: 1.) As State Senator, he voted against Illinois's Born Alive Act on 3 ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

--hide--
I made the same comment awhile back that maybe the reason he is forcing the Church into this HHS mandate is to drive them out so he can create his personal vision of a government-controlled health care socialist state. Thanks, I don't feel so paranoid now! If there is one talent that he has, it's the ability to mask his real agenda. Fingers crossed for a strong Romney debate tonight!

Posts 151 - 160 of 200