Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

10/16/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: (Quote) Marissa-529206 said: I think we need to pray, just pray and pray an...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

[quote]Marissa-529206 said:

I think we need to pray, just pray and pray and pray. I've stopped calling my Republican actually. I couldn't believe that some people are so blinded by their committment to their party that they cannot see what is happening. Because of that I've decided that from now on, I'm a Catholic. Not a republican or democrat, but a Catholic first. No part of my mind or body is controlled by anything but my beliefs on justice, realistic expectations and personal responsibility. I think if we can convince people to start thinking separately from their party lines they will see more clearly.

When I heard that Barack Obama was the only senator to vote in favour of not providing life-saving treatments for babies that survived abortion.....I knew that there was something disturbingly wrong with him. Even people who believed in being pro-choice did not vote for that, the practice is so horrific. I had to ask myself.....How could someone vote for that? Then when he commented negatively that when people were frightened they turned to guns and religion....I understood. He reveals more and more about himself over time.

Regarding the HHS mandate. It begs the question. The church has explained to him they CANNOT follow the law. So why will he allow the Amish to be exempted but not the catholics? It can be only two answers.....Either.....he doesn't understand the Catholics, or he doesn't care that Catholics can't follow it. If he understands that it affects the Catholics and that Catholics can't follow it......then there must be some reason that he doesn't mind Catholics will have to violate the law because of their conscious OR give up their religion. What does he expect us to choose?

If he doesn't understand the Catholics.....why does he not discuss it with the bishops? Why does he insist on telling bishops that they have the power to change their requirements?

If he doesn't CARE that the Catholics can't follow it....why does he not care? What does that say about how he makes decisions? What is his goal, if it does not include Catholics? Which it obviously doesn't, because if he was worried about the law being able to serve everyone, why is the Cahtolic church absent? Catholic hospitals are non-profit. All their profit goes towards treating more people. Catholic institutions are a major force in society. What does he gain by these being absent. Well, society loses alot. But his administration would gain alot though. These are just my thoughts....I realize that they are simply a practice of logic.

--hide--

Wonderful post, Marissa! I have been voting that way for years! I am a Catholic first. I look at each candidates views on life first because everything else is negotiable.

[/quote)

....and I double "wonderful" it....I too believe the candidates views on life first and everything else is negotiable....though now we also have religious liberty as a priority because for us that includes protecting life. Really without freedom of religion what else do we have?????

10/16/2012 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: Homily on Religious Libertyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltTd81XpDnc
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

Homily on Religious Liberty

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Wow Denise thanks for this....he is a real trooper and he even explains how he has to do this and about speaking about politics when religious, etc... It was so interesting.

www.youtube.com

10/16/2012 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: Homily on Religious Libertyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltTd81XpDnc

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Something else about this....he explains how Obama LIED to the Bishops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/16/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: Did you read my post? The other thread was MOCKING this thread. Cathy even said she wa...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

Did you read my post? The other thread was MOCKING this thread. Cathy even said she was trying to get it locked. Did you read it? Nobody on this thread is mocking anyone else, we are trying to find ways to get Romney elected. Why does that bother you so much? I wrote you a very nice message welcoming you to the Catholic religion etc. never got a reply back but continue to see you trying to stir up trouble in the forums. Now I wonder what your true agenda is for being here.

--hide--

Laura, what appears to be mockery to one person may appear to be a lack of sense of humour to another:o)

No two people see things exactly the same.

Sorry, I don't not always respond to all the messages sent to me. It was very nice...wish the posts here were just as nice:o)

(I really don't care who people here vote for to be honest...but when I see people tell other people they will be going to hell for their vote...I think that is crossing a line).

PS- I don't go into forums 'to stir trouble' I read something I thought was completely out of line. If you want to judge me, go ahead...
Before you go casting your judgement...why don't you go and actually read some of the forums I posted to...or the ones I started...
I think questioning someones 'agenda' is a bit of a serious accusation, no?

10/16/2012 new
To get back to the original statement.I myself have helped 2 friends of mine register to vote.

They are in their late 40's,husband on disability due to a bad accident.My girlfriend will soon

be getting disability due to a bad accident & they like the fact that they will soon be off food

stamps.First time voting for both of them & Romney has their vote!
10/16/2012 new

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Father Sammie, "the message priest preach should not be political EXCEPT when it involves faith and morals....I claim the right as your pastor, an american ciitzen, I claim the responsibility as a priest to speak what I perceive the truth...a little more than 3 years ago after Obama was elected, the bishops finally gave the priest permission to tell congregations the truth about what Mr. Obama's intention was and that was to force the Catholic church to engage in morally repugnant actions or lose our ability to carry out the gospel message in health care, social services, and education."

Our Catholic schools and hospitals, etc. will be closed down if we don't provide these things.

This has nothing to do with the above link that everyone needs to watch, but it is also something really interesting, in fact....
I think this might have been the only episode of "The View" worth watching. www.youtube.com

There is one really funny comment about whether they even read the book. Anyway, it might also be a good link to share. I'm still trying to hear it as my computer is going in and out.

10/16/2012 new
Back to Patricia's original question--What can we do to get Governor Romney and Paul Ryan elected? We can write!!!! We can write here!!! Regular Catholic women who have been practicing our faith for years....I think people who have read your many many posts over the years know that you know your faith, and respect your judgment.

Mary, Cheryl, Patricia......you women have done an incredible job here in keeping this post alive.

Suggestion: Weave a new one. We will find it.

FYI: the bishop of San Francisco, CA is a strong advocate for traditional marriage. I read about him recently. Obama is outrightly supporting, and of course "flip-flopped" DURING his adminstration, on the issue.
10/16/2012 new
The San Francisco Bay area, Oakland and surrounding areas,all the way east to Sacramento....this is one of the most liberal areas of the state of California.

Fortunately, the more southerly areas are Reagan country, and have historically been more convervative. I understand, of course that California is a "write-off" as a blue state, but Romney is actually making head-way here too!
10/16/2012 new
Oops....I meant to write conservative.
10/16/2012 new
Can you imagine being a public school teacher and having to deal with addressing parents as Mr. & Mr. White or Mrs. and Mrs. Brown.

I feel bad for kids who have to deal with this for a lifetime, and have no choice in the matter.
Posts 171 - 180 of 200