Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Parties and the Election

Oct 12th 2012 new

Being new here, I enjoy reading through the forums. I do not, however, feel comfortable yet participating much. At this time in every election year people seem polarized for and against candidates. As I read some of the forums, I wonder if anyone would be willing to share if their candidate of choice for president this year is of a different political party than their candidate of choice 4 years ago.

Oct 12th 2012 new

Welcome to the forums, Shiela. Jump right in. No need to create new threads.

As far as your question, I'm sure no one will object if I speak on behalf of everyone here:
All CM forum participants are voting for Romney. 100%.

My guess for how all CM members (not just forum participants) will vote for president this year (from universe of CM members who are eligible to vote - US citizens)

Romney - 50%
Obama - 20%
Don't vote - 26%
Other (libertarian, etc) - 4%

My guess for how American Catholics will vote in 2012 for president

Romney - 25%
Obama - 25%
Don't vote - 48%
Other (libertarian, etc) - 2%

Note: the so-called Catholics who vote for Obama are CINOs - Catholics in Name Only

Oct 12th 2012 new

Thanks Cathy. My question was really (and not to clearly) asking if Romney supporters are the "always vote Republican" folks and the Obama supporters are the "always vote Democrat" supporters. I see that very clearly in my own community. One party always finds a way to demonize the other. The polarization in both groups seems so wide and so strong that I don't see myself ever "jumping right in."

Oct 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: Welcome to the forums, Shiela. Jump right in. No need to create new threads.As far as you...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

As far as your question, I'm sure no one will object if I speak on behalf of everyone here:

My guess for how all CM members (not just forum participants) will vote for president this year (from universe of CM members who are eligible to vote - US citizens)

Romney - 50%
Obama - 20%
Don't vote - 26%

Romney - 25%
Obama - 25%
Don't vote - 48%

Note: the so-called Catholics who vote for Obama are CINOs - Catholics in Name Only

--hide--

I think you are seriously underestimating the Libertarian contingent on CM!

Oct 13th 2012 new
(Quote) John-336509 said: (Quote) Cathy-620979 said: Welcome to the forums, Shiela. Jump right in. No need to creat...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

Quote:
Cathy-620979 said:

Romney - 50%
Obama - 20%
Don't vote - 26%

Romney - 25%
Obama - 25%
Don't vote - 48%

--hide--
Amen.
Oct 13th 2012 new
(Quote) Sheila-763903 said: Being new here, I enjoy reading through the forums. I do not, however, feel comfortable yet participating muc...
(Quote) Sheila-763903 said:

Being new here, I enjoy reading through the forums. I do not, however, feel comfortable yet participating much. At this time in every election year people seem polarized for and against candidates. As I read some of the forums, I wonder if anyone would be willing to share if their candidate of choice for president this year is of a different political party than their candidate of choice 4 years ago.

--hide--
To answer your Question Sheila, I'm typically part of the undecided, middle of the road Person. But leaning toward Obama due to the unrelentless posts I've seen here that demonstrate unkindness toward others.
Oct 17th 2012 new
(Quote) John-336509 said: I think you are seriously underestimating the Libertarian contingent on CM!
(Quote) John-336509 said:

--hide--

Yep...not that that means I'm voting for the Libertarian Party candidate.
Oct 17th 2012 new

Hi, Sheila,

Nothing's changed for me. I didn't vote four years ago, and won't vote this November unless something changes and my Archbishop commands it.

smile

Oct 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-857740 said: To answer your Question Sheila, I'm typically part of the undecided, middle of the road Person. But ...
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: To answer your Question Sheila, I'm typically part of the undecided, middle of the road Person. But leaning toward Obama due to the unrelentless posts I've seen here that demonstrate unkindness toward others.
--hide--
Typical response from someone who doesn't follow the faith or believe in it's doctrines.

Oct 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: unless something changes and my Archbishop commands it.
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

unless something changes and my Archbishop commands it.

--hide--

Unless your Archbishop commands it? Is this a joke? If your Archbishop starts issuing commands of this sort, he needs to be replaced.

Posts 1 - 10 of 71