Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

10/17/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: ... "the grey mare is always the better horse."
(Quote) David-364112 said:

... "the grey mare is always the better horse."

--hide--
Yeah, but too many want a free ride....

10/17/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I wish you'd convince some of these other guys around here of that.
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I wish you'd convince some of these other guys around here of that.

--hide--

NOTHING is grosser or more ridiculous than an older guy chasing after much younger women.

10/17/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: (Quote) Donna-83441 said: I wish you'd convince some of t...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Quote:
Donna-83441 said:

I wish you'd convince some of these other guys around here of that.

NOTHING is grosser or more ridiculous than an older guy chasing after much younger women.

--hide--

thumbsup to that!

10/18/2012 new

Lina! you're so funny!

10/20/2012 new
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: It's a good idea -- I'm out of cookies.... :wink Some of the guys did participate. Fortuna...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

It's a good idea -- I'm out of cookies.... :wink

Some of the guys did participate. Fortunately, their expertise produced something edible. As for me, the best I could offer is Cajun-style cookies (blackened).

--hide--

You are in luck. I could prolly make burned to the crisp ones, if even that.
10/20/2012 new
(Quote) Tom-432657 said: Singles ought to meet other singles and know none of us are alone being single. We all got to express our feelin...
(Quote) Tom-432657 said:

Singles ought to meet other singles and know none of us are alone being single. We all got to express our feelings of loneliness. We all need somebody in our lives.

--hide--

".....of loneliness." Not quite in agreement with that. There is a difference in being along and being lonely. If put out the latter, then someone may think we are desperate, a huge turnoff.
10/20/2012 new

so...who's willing to help me??? laughing wave fluffy biggrin

10/20/2012 new

(Quote) John-324285 said: *post is sarcasm*
(Quote) John-324285 said: *post is sarcasm*
--hide--

Love the clarification, haha...ah the technology world. Emoticons only go so far :)

10/26/2012 new
:) I agree. If you know that someone likes someone else and would like your help in forming a connection, then reach out and tell Harry that Sally likes him. Sally may have tried, given up, or too shy to try... or Harry is just an idiot or not interested altogether. Either way, nothing ventured, nothing gained right?
10/26/2012 new

I so agree with Tom's original post. Let me share a semi-success story with you:

I was at an over-40 singles meet-up, when a lovely Russian woman approached me with that exact idea: Let's form a group of friends and go out together. We continue to recruit new people to our group here in Seattle. We have a core group of about 15 singles now that try to go out at least once a month. We go to places where there may be other singles. And like you said, it's nice to go out with people who share your experience and who will look out for you. One night when we were out, some guys (not in our group) kind of siphoned me off on the dancefloor, so one of the guys from my group came over to check in with me to make sure I'm okay. It's a win-win all the way around.

I haven't made a love connection yet. But it's nice to have people to call on to go out and do stuff, who can relate to my single status. I'm getting out more often, which increases the odds that I will meet that someone special at some point. You can't meet anyone if you don't get out there. :)

Posts 21 - 30 of 32