Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

10/19/2012 new

"sometimes priest give out erroneous information"....that is what happened to me 35 years ago! Being that I just returned to the faith, I did talk to my priest about the annulment. I don't think it would be denied. I don't have the funds and all the people I knew back then are not in my life. My Mom, Dad and sister are deceased. That is a long time to try to go back. We are working through it bit by bit. It was the erroneous information that broke my heart and caused me to leave the church.

10/19/2012 new

(Quote) Laurel-904204 said: "sometimes priest give out erroneous information"....that is what happene to me 35 yea...
(Quote) Laurel-904204 said:

"sometimes priest give out erroneous information"....that is what happene to me 35 years ago! Being that I just returned to the faith, I did talk to my priest about the annulment. I don't think it would be denied. I don't have the funds and all the people I knew back then are not in my life. My Mom, Dad and sister are deceased. That is a long time to try to go back. We are working through it bit by bit. It was the erroneous information that broke my heart and caused me to leave the church.

--hide--

Sorry this happened to you, Laurel. There are provisions that the priest/tribunal has to override the fee or downscale it if someone truly cannot afford to pay for it. No one is supposed to be denied an annullment based on their ability to pay for it!

10/19/2012 new

I wasn't in the marriage 1 year. True colors of abuse and alcoholism reared it's ugly head not long after the marriage. We both went to counseling with the priest and he advised me to seek a divorce because he did not see things changing. It truly broke my heart to hear things after the divorce was final. I got the papers and there was no way I knew most of the information nor did I care. After being thrown to the floor and fearing for my life....dealing with him and his family was the last thing I wanted to do!

10/19/2012 new

I haven't started the annullment yet. It has been two years since my marriage ended legally. My ex has since re-married. I don't know if that complicates things or not. Can someone give me a price range to expect the annullment to cost? I know it would be more favorable to find dates in this forum if I were free to remarry in the Church. Right now I feel as though I am a leper! Lots of looks, but not much beyond a few emoticons. I have 2 children as well, and I am sure that isn't helping. I also feel as though geographically there may not be many men in my area. That is something you can't really know until you join. While I am not relying on CM to be my sole means of meeting people, I am getting to understand that participating in forum and chat rooms are ways to be known. I need to work on that! I wish everyone success here, and pray that in His time we will find the joy we seek.

10/20/2012 new

I've been divorced since 1980. no one ever brought it up before I got onto this site. Not even in the Catholic Singles Group I belonged to for 8 years. There were many divorced men and women in that group who also apparently didn't know because none got them. Maybe it's not that open out there like you think.

Posts 131 - 135 of 135