Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Favorite Marriage quotes

10/13/2012 new

I just finished reading Wing to Wing, Oar to Oar: Readings on Courting and Marrying. There were two beautiful quotes from the book I thought I would share.

"Even if you did not manage to see the whole globe or to speak in many tongues or to know all about the heavens, you will not regret it, for marriage is and remains the most important voyage of discovery a human being undertakes; compared with a married man's knowledge of life, any other knowledge of it is superficial, for he and he alone has properly immersed himself in life." Soren Kierkegaard.

"That you may have the power of standing still
Off any any still or moving thin you say.
Two such as you with such a master speed
Cannot be parted not be swept away
From one another once you are agreed
that life is only life forevermore
Together wing to wing and oar to oar."
Robert Frost.

I would love to hear some other's favorite quotes about marriage and love.

10/13/2012 new

Who answering, said to them: Have ye not read, that he who made man from the beginning, made them male and female? And he said: 5 For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife, and they two shall be in one flesh. 6 Therefore now they are not two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.

Matthew 19:4-6

10/15/2012 new

My love is like a red, red rose That’s newly sprung in June : My love is like the melody That’s sweetly played in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonnie lass, So deep in love am I : And I will love thee still, my dear, Till a’ the seas gang dry.

Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear, And the rocks melt wi’ the sun : And I will love thee still, my dear, While the sands o’ life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only love, And fare thee weel a while ! And I will come again, my love, Thou’ it were ten thousand mile.

~Robert Burns

And there's this song that's very beautiful: www.youtube.com

10/21/2012 new

I loved both quotes and the song. Thank you for sharing.

10/21/2012 new

"Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments.
Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the
remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests
and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's