Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

rose Tonight while watching the news there was a story of a Mom who blogged about her four year old inviting her to be in the photos with him and his sister. So after taking that photo with her kids she started looking...and it turns out there were lots of photos of the kids. But rarely was she in any of them.

After Andrew passed away I started realizing I have loads of photos of him with others but even though I was there for a lot of fun with him I have very few photos of us having fun together. I think that is why having a friend like Teresa who gifted me a photo of my dancing with Andrew when he was little was such a precious gift.....

I challenge all parents no matter how young or old your kids are. This holiday season, make sure you have someone snap a few photos of you sharing time with your loved ones, doing those activities that you enjoy most.

I have a video of my sons 21st birthday and a photo of him with his biological father and half brother, but I have no photos of us together.......

The words of the blogger touched my heart tonight and I pray that others are touched as well..... heart rose
Oct 12th 2012 new

I too have very few photos of myself with my children. I understand how important this is and will make an effort to have my picture taken with my children around the holidays. Thank you for the very poignant reminder. We need to remember to treasure the times we have with our children!

Oct 13th 2012 new

Hi, Brenda.

You are so right in that as a single parent we are usually the ones taking the pictures! It was nearly impossible to find any of me for my scrapbook. Thank you for the reminder. It sounds like a really thoughtful and beautiful gift from your friend!

Oct 13th 2012 new
Looking through my photos I realized just how long it had been since we had photos together. I had planned on having some done with the two of us that summer, since it was his senior year of college. He was so busy with college stuff we just did not take time to do it that spring. I do treasure the photos I have and of course all of my memories with my son..... rose heart angel
Oct 14th 2012 new

Brenda, What a good reminder! When my dad died all the photos we had of him were with him holding 1 or more of his grandchildren (usually in his favorite chair) or with a pet. It was heartwarming at funeral because everybody was represented on grandpa's lap!

Oct 14th 2012 new

while I am often the one behind the camera at fun events, I do make sure we get pictures taken together at least once a year. I always take at least one dance pic with my daughter.

Oct 22nd 2012 new
Thanks for this reminder.

I took tons of pics of the kids carving pumpkins this weekend. Luckily, there are two pics on my mom's phone and two pics on my dad's camera because we got a group shot that I was in. This hardly ever happens!

I will have to start asking the kids to take pics. They would love taking turns with my phone!
Oct 22nd 2012 new
(Quote) Theresa-857196 said: Thanks for this reminder. I took tons of pics of the kids carving pumpkins this weekend. Luckil...
(Quote) Theresa-857196 said: Thanks for this reminder.

I took tons of pics of the kids carving pumpkins this weekend. Luckily, there are two pics on my mom's phone and two pics on my dad's camera because we got a group shot that I was in. This hardly ever happens!

I will have to start asking the kids to take pics. They would love taking turns with my phone!
--hide--

Just make sure if they are from your phone to upload them when you get home. The phone I used for my son's 21st birthday fried before I got them uploaded so all I have is the video recording from that birthday..... scratchchin
Oct 22nd 2012 new
Another good reminder for those hectic/exciting times!
Posts 1 - 9 of 9