Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I am divorced, not by my own choice. I went on CM to meet some one. I have little to none responces. What is the deal??? Am I really that bad? HELP??????

Oct 26th 2012 new

Always remember that there is nothing wrong with me. It can be very frustrating not getting any response. But, what we also have to remember is that we need to be patient waiting for God's time.

There are many posts about not getting any response and I feel that way too sometimes. But, we just have to keep putting ourselves out there and trust that Jesus will send us the right person.

One thing I have learned about Catholic Match and the Catholic Church in general, is it is not a panacea to all my problems. I still have to walk through them. But, with the grace of God, I can. So, while CM doesn't provide us with an "instant match", it does provide us with many friends who are making a real attempt to walk with Christ and can help us with our walk.

So, keep praying and keep walking.

God Bless,

Will

Oct 26th 2012 new

It can be very slow here and currently it is slower than usual. Everyone is sensing it.. As we brace ourselves before this election, perhaps no one feels like themsleves, I know I don't feel likemyself due to a number of things. Keep your chin up and keep trying!! Welcome to the forums!

Oct 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-703055 said: I am divorced, not by my own choice. I went on CM to meet some one. I have little to none res...
(Quote) Rosemarie-703055 said:

I am divorced, not by my own choice. I went on CM to meet some one. I have little to none responces. What is the deal??? Am I really that bad? HELP??????

--hide--
Having spent 46 years in the photographic industry, I feel confident giving the following advice: I maintain that if profile pictures don't catch a person's eye, that could be at least part of the problem. There's a guy on CM who laments that women don't answer his messages, but his profile picture shows his face in a deep shadow! You need a close friend to take a number of good, well lit pictures of you with a digital camera, not a smartphone. I see too many self "portraits" using smart phones on CM. They are too close and tend to distort. Avoid flash above all. Flash-in-your-face pictures are unnatural and never flattering. Have your friend take your pictures outdoors on a cloudy day- no bright sun, absolutely no sunglasses. I see a lot of profile pictures of people squinting into the sun. Head and shoulders and full length- not too close and not too far away. Exposure is important- not too dark, not too light and washed out. Have your friend take a few dozen images so you can "edit" them down to the best ones. You want a good friend to take them because you will be more at ease, and your expressions will reflect that.

You're a lovely lady Rosemarie- you want your picture to do you justice, to put your best foot forward so to speak.

Good luck and Blessings to you! theheart

Oct 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Having spent 46 years in the photographic industry, I feel confident giving the following advice...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Having spent 46 years in the photographic industry, I feel confident giving the following advice: I maintain that if profile pictures don't catch a person's eye, that could be at least part of the problem. There's a guy on CM who laments that women don't answer his messages, but his profile picture shows his face in a deep shadow! You need a close friend to take a number of good, well lit pictures of you with a digital camera, not a smartphone. I see too many self "portraits" using smart phones on CM. They are too close and tend to distort. Avoid flash above all. Flash-in-your-face pictures are unnatural and never flattering. Have your friend take your pictures outdoors on a cloudy day- no bright sun, absolutely no sunglasses. I see a lot of profile pictures of people squinting into the sun. Head and shoulders and full length- not too close and not too far away. Exposure is important- not too dark, not too light and washed out. Have your friend

take a few dozen images so you can "edit" them down to the best ones. You want a good friend to take them because you will be more at ease, and your expressions will reflect that.

You're a lovely lady Rosemarie- you want your picture to do you justice, to put your best foot forward so to speak.

Good luck and Blessings to you!

--hide--

H! I totally agree that a good picture makes a whole lot of difference.That is one thing that many is missing out on when they make their profile. By experienced, regardless of how good you write your profile if your picture doesn't make a statement you practically set yourself up for disappointment.

Oct 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Having spent 46 years in the photographic industry, I feel confident giving the following advice:...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Having spent 46 years in the photographic industry, I feel confident giving the following advice: I maintain that if profile pictures don't catch a person's eye, that could be at least part of the problem. There's a guy on CM who laments that women don't answer his messages, but his profile picture shows his face in a deep shadow! You need a close friend to take a number of good, well lit pictures of you with a digital camera, not a smartphone. I see too many self "portraits" using smart phones on CM. They are too close and tend to distort. Avoid flash above all. Flash-in-your-face pictures are unnatural and never flattering. Have your friend take your pictures outdoors on a cloudy day- no bright sun, absolutely no sunglasses. I see a lot of profile pictures of people squinting into the sun. Head and shoulders and full length- not too close and not too far away. Exposure is important- not too dark, not too light and washed out. Have your friend take a few dozen images so you can "edit" them down to the best ones. You want a good friend to take them because you will be more at ease, and your expressions will reflect that.

Good luck and Blessings to you!

--hide--

Very good advice Peter!

Cat

Oct 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Will-706257 said: Always remember that there is nothing wrong with me. It can be very frustrating not getting any re...
(Quote) Will-706257 said:

Always remember that there is nothing wrong with me. It can be very frustrating not getting any response. But, what we also have to remember is that we need to be patient waiting for God's time.

There are many posts about not getting any response and I feel that way too sometimes. But, we just have to keep putting ourselves out there and trust that Jesus will send us the right person.

One thing I have learned about Catholic Match and the Catholic Church in general, is it is not a panacea to all my problems. I still have to walk through them. But, with the grace of God, I can. So, while CM doesn't provide us with an "instant match", it does provide us with many friends who are making a real attempt to walk with Christ and can help us with our walk.

So, keep praying and keep walking.

God Bless,

Will

--hide--

Nicely said Will, and very true. I think there are a lot of CMers that feel the same way Rosemarie does, and are thinking of "throwing in the towel". Hopefully many will acknowledge what you wrote and realize the other benefits CM provides. biggrin

Oct 26th 2012 new

We have to raise the patience in tenth power, especially in those confusing and temptation times....

Oct 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: Nicely said Will, and very true. I think there are a lot of CMers that feel the same way ...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

Nicely said Will, and very true. I think there are a lot of CMers that feel the same way Rosemarie does, and are thinking of "throwing in the towel". Hopefully many will acknowledge what you wrote and realize the other benefits CM provides.

--hide--
Taking "how you look in picture" as the criteria for choosing a future spouse is "skin deep" and "immature" Let us not forget that inner beauty is the one that last for a lifetime. Few more years and more wrinkles would cover our faces. I don't care How I look in my pictures. Some individuals are not photogenic. If a man looks at my picture and sees not only the surface of me but also my inner beauty, then that guy deserves my loving attention. There is nothing wrong with you and also nothing wrong with the viewers as well. I read profiles between the lines and I see that a big majority of us are wanting to be accepted for what we are. Now the question is: "Is there someone out there who is willing to take us at face value?"

Oct 26th 2012 new

That is great advice Peter!!

Too bad I haven't followed it!! LOL. I am unfortunately one of those who took a blackberry picture. I guess I need to get a camera. For whatever reason, I am not much of a picture person. I just kind of go with the flow and enjoy the moment. But, I definitely saw myself throughout your message. LOL

Maybe I will take one of my pictures from work and post it.

God Bless and Thanks,

It made my day.

Posts 1 - 10 of 122