Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Oct 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I have been blessed more than once with my guardian angel working overtime. Once I was in St Louis visit...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I have been blessed more than once with my guardian angel working overtime. Once I was in St Louis visiting a friend & we were on a six lane highway when the car in front of us went into a skid & started doing 360's in the middle of the highway. It was drizzling at the time & the roads had just started to Freeze. About that time when my friend hit the breaks we started going in circles. It seemed like it lasted forever, I would open my eyes & we were going around in circles, close my eyes, then open again. I think we did at least six complete spins without hitting another car or the retaining wall. Thankfully our exit was only about a mile down the road so we stopped. I can honestly say both of us took some time to thank God that we were safe & in one piece.....
--hide--

Similar to your story, Brenda, I've felt that my guardian angel must have been present with me on the road one night. It was about 3:00 am, and I was driving on a highway that I had never driven on before. It was four lanes, two in each direction. I decided to pass a slower vehicle, so I moved into the left lane. I normally wait until I clearly see the headlights of the other car in my rear view mirror before going back to the right lane, but this one time I felt my car being pulled into the right lane immediately after I passed the other car. Had I remained in the left lane two seconds longer, I would have smashed my little car into a huge dead deer that was in the middle of the left lane.

Oct 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Similar to your story, Brenda, I've felt that my guardian angel must have been present wit...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Similar to your story, Brenda, I've felt that my guardian angel must have been present with me on the road one night. It was about 3:00 am, and I was driving on a highway that I had never driven on before. It was four lanes, two in each direction. I decided to pass a slower vehicle, so I moved into the left lane. I normally wait until I clearly see the headlights of the other car in my rear view mirror before going back to the right lane, but this one time I felt my car being pulled into the right lane immediately after I passed the other car. Had I remained in the left lane two seconds longer, I would have smashed my little car into a huge dead deer that was in the middle of the left lane.

--hide--

There was a morning last summer that I caught a glimpse of something black up ahead of me on the road running. It was a black cow & it ran right in front of a small pickup truck coming from the other direction. The pickup hit the cow and of course the cow died. I stopped & the guy gave me his phone number & asked me to call his wife to bring his wheel chair & call for a tow. My cell got no reception there so I went into the next town & called his wife. Thankfully the man was fine it was only his truck that crashed. His wife kept thanking me for helping get word to her so she could help him.
Oct 21st 2012 new

Thanks for sharing.God is really in charge.

Oct 26th 2012 new

Late This summer " Momma cat" showed up with two tiny kittens in my yard..One was grey and white tuxedo pattern and one was black and white tuxedo pattern. Momma was white with cream puff beige large circular markings on her back and dark brown bandit pattern around her BLUE eyes. I was overwhelmed when they showed up, wondering how to pay to feed these hungry growing innocents and thought someone had dumped them there. I was even angry at first.

I then resolved (animal lover that I am) to raise them till they could be separated from mother and each other and then take them in to our local shelter which I learned would provide them with medical care (and spay and neuter them)and then put them up for adoption.. I was worried as to how to trap and or take them anywhere. I was worried to the point of having to pray for it to work well and to resolve. I was overwhelmed more than once with their delightful growth, antics, playfulness and beauty. In the late summer after a very hot day, I would sit in the cool of the evening and delight in their play and familial affection after they ate their dinner.

I wondered many times if this could be seen as a work of mercy. After all, they will become companions to someone.

Last night I finally caught the mother after catching many other strays that looked like her(litter-mates of momma probably from her own litter) and taking them in and after taking the pre-adolescent kittens in. I bonded with the black kitten and will never forget how wonderful it was to hold little Blackie who was black and white and cuddly. He was experiencing human touch and affection for the first time and it was a dream to experience. On his tummy he had the markings of a cross. He was unbelievably sweet and trusting. I see why people get so out of control and become cat ladies and men. I want to than k God that most of that is resolved. The main thing left is my semi stray Sasha who is a complicated case of his being an abandoned lilac point gray Siamese with blue eyes. he is probably the father of "Momma."

But Praise God for this situation becoming resolved to this extent. Dove hellokitty hellokitty hellokitty I probably took in about six cats...
hellokitty hellokitty hellokitty Dove

Oct 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: (Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I have been blessed more than once with my guardian a...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Quote:
Brenda-74660 said: I have been blessed more than once with my guardian angel working overtime. Once I was in St Louis visiting a friend & we were on a six lane highway when the car in front of us went into a skid & started doing 360's in the middle of the highway. It was drizzling at the time & the roads had just started to Freeze. About that time when my friend hit the breaks we started going in circles. It seemed like it lasted forever, I would open my eyes & we were going around in circles, close my eyes, then open again. I think we did at least six complete spins without hitting another car or the retaining wall. Thankfully our exit was only about a mile down the road so we stopped. I can honestly say both of us took some time to thank God that we were safe & in one piece.....

--hide--

How long ago was this Michael?

Oct 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: There was a morning last summer that I caught a glimpse of something black up ahead of me on the...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

There was a morning last summer that I caught a glimpse of something black up ahead of me on the road running. It was a black cow & it ran right in front of a small pickup truck coming from the other direction. The pickup hit the cow and of course the cow died. I stopped & the guy gave me his phone number & asked me to call his wife to bring his wheel chair & call for a tow. My cell got no reception there so I went into the next town & called his wife. Thankfully the man was fine it was only his truck that crashed. His wife kept thanking me for helping get word to her so she could help him.
--hide--

This week my next door Christian (formerly Catholic) neighbor who is moving to South Carolina very soon sad went into the bank with $8000.00 and deposited 1/2 of the amount. She threw the gray zipper bag of money she did not deposit into the back seat of her car and forgot about it. Later that day she could not find the money. She even thought someone had opened the car and taken it. She put a note on the car promising $500.00 to whomever would return the stolen money. I went next door and prayed and so did her other friend join us in prayer. We searched the house we searched through boxes packed and unpacked. She made a police report and a female police officer came to her house and was slightly laughing about this money. My neighbor who is very gifted with the Holy Spirit said to the police officer- Can I pray for you? and that was a blessing she mentioned.

Her husband works out of town all week and comes home on weekends. I continued to pray for the money to be found, I petitioned St Anthony and all of heaven for her to find that money. Last night she used part of the bed to hold some clothing she was going to pack and moved her husbands pillow from that side of the bed- intending to sleep there and there was the money under her husband's pillow.

This morning on my phone machine was a message that said it was under her HUSBAND"S PILLOW...... heartbeat

The one place we did not look. heartbeat

PRAISE GOD! theheart

Oct 27th 2012 new

My dad was driving drunk when he lost control of his vehicle. He cried out, "God, if you get me out of this I will never drink again." He laid down on the seat and said he could feel someone take the wheel and guide his truck to a peaceful stop along the side of the road. That was 47 years ago. He's been sober ever since. He still gets goosebumps telling this story. I still get goosebumps hearing it.

Oct 27th 2012 new

The recent passing of my Uncle Bob definitely manifested a few miracles in my view. rose

He was a man who needed lots of God's love and mercy so from the very first day, our family prayed a daily Rosary. I also began praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and leading the family in this prayer at 3 pm by Uncle's bedside and at other times. I privately pleaded with God to have mercy on His child who desperately needed it. Praying

God called Uncle Home at 3:15 pm, during the Holy Hour! I felt it was a wonderful gift to Uncle and a comforting message from God to our family, a sign of His infinite love and mercy. theheart

The Tuesday before Uncle passed, I entrusted him to the care of St. Michael. God blessed Uncle and our family with yet another miracle by calling Uncle Home on the Feast of the Archangels, September 29th. angel

This brought our family great comfort and for me, it was a huge source of peace and God's love. Dove

Oct 27th 2012 new
I like that story.
Oct 28th 2012 new

Thank you John! wave

Posts 11 - 20 of 72