Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Photos/No Photos

Oct 26th 2012 new

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am seeing way too many profiles without at least a profile photo. I've now been matched to several peoople that I don't even know what they look like. I am not relating to anyone that doesn't have a photo. It's very difficult to correspond or converse with someone you don't even know what he/she looks like. I want to know what other people think. scratchchin eyebrow boggled

Oct 26th 2012 new
I agree i like to know what the person looks like
Oct 26th 2012 new

I always wonder why they don't put one up. . . I mean, are they trying to hide something? And Yes, it helps a lot to know what someone looks like, not sure why but it does.

Oct 26th 2012 new
(Quote) Maria-846262 said: I don't know about the rest of you, but I am seeing way too many profiles without at least a profile photo....
(Quote) Maria-846262 said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am seeing way too many profiles without at least a profile photo. I've now been matched to several peoople that I don't even know what they look like. I am not relating to anyone that doesn't have a photo. It's very difficult to correspond or converse with someone you don't even know what he/she looks like. I want to know what other people think.

--hide--

No picture always send the message that the person is hiding something, very suspicious or the profile is fictional in character. A profile with a picture somehow signifies that the person exists and not just a product of one's imagination.
Oct 26th 2012 new

While I like a photo or photos as it helps to get a real image of the person, you can tell a lot about someone from what they put in their profile and how they correspond and how they answer some get-to-know you questions. Sometimes what is written gets me interested enough to want to correspond more, and sometimes what is written is enough to make me want to run for the hills. eyepopping

Sometimes a photo isn't real either. I can't remember if it was on here or on another site, but one guy's photo was taken from either the JCPenny or Sears catalogue. The photo was wrinkled in the middle too, like it had been cut out and folded over, then scanned on a computer. Very clever. rolling eyes laughing

Oct 26th 2012 new
(Quote) Sandra-892570 said: I agree i like to know what the person looks like
(Quote) Sandra-892570 said: I agree i like to know what the person looks like
--hide--

Me too!
Oct 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-902348 said: I always wonder why they don't put one up. . . I mean, are they trying to hide something?...
(Quote) Elizabeth-902348 said:

I always wonder why they don't put one up. . . I mean, are they trying to hide something? And Yes, it helps a lot to know what someone looks like, not sure why but it does.

--hide--

I'll share a few comments i've heard from some members which i think have some validity...although in life i think most people start up a conversation with someone you've seen or know..and not a random person you picked out of the phone book (yes i know telemarketers do this weeping)

1. I want someone to like me for me..not for how i look.

2. I don't want Non-members seeing my pic when they search profiles.

It seems a lot of people are afraid of revealing too much. I however like the old adage.. "a picture is worth a thousand words"

Nov 1st 2012 new

I initially did not have a photo up because I'm somewhat a private person, and don't like others knowing my business. Nothing to hide, its just the way I am. I did have someone on CM reach out to me without seeing my features, and I ended up posting a picture because I found her really interesting and wanted to meet her. I do think its important that you're comfortable with an appearance.

Things didn't work out, but I have no regrets. We were just too different and its too bad because I found her adorable. I would have pursued meeting her anyway (without her photo) because she had a way of placing words around her thoughts that was totallly compelling.

That said, someone from my community found out I was on here and you know the rest of the story; A woman with whom I have no romantic interest has expressed an interest in me and now that news is burst upon our little society. I have been interrogated by several intermediaries as to how I will proceed. Small town matchmaking.

This person is wonderful, but I'm just not there. We all have been in this situation at one time or another. Its just very awkward and I'm not very comfortable dealing with it. The woman is a friend, but it doesn't make it any easier - for either.

So, as someone responded earlier, this is an example of a totally valid point. I guess some secular sites have the ability for you to send photos to only the people that you want to view them. That's probably the most desirable solution, and should be an option on all the MATCH-coms.

Nov 1st 2012 new
Nobody should be afraid to post their profile photo and beside when you go on those CM get togethers, the fellow CM people are going to know what you look like anyway.
Nov 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-910999 said: No picture always send the message that the person is hiding something, very suspicious or
(Quote) Mary-910999 said:

No picture always send the message that the person is hiding something, very suspicious or the profile is fictional in character. A profile with a picture somehow signifies that the person exists and not just a product of one's imagination.
--hide--

Actually, scammers seem to usually have a picture..They want to attract as many 'marks' as possible..They even steal pictures off the net in order to have a picture.. So I disagree with your fictional profile scenario..

Posts 1 - 10 of 43