Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

10/07/2012 new
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: When does the person that comes up on my matches get notified that I am interested or don't they? If every ...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

When does the person that comes up on my matches get notified that I am interested or don't they? If every time I view someone's profile, it shows up on their page that I viewed them, is it any different if I say I'm not interested?

--hide--

The only time you are notified is when you browse the other or if both express interest....
10/08/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: When does the person that comes up on my matches get notified that I am interested or don't t...

When does the person that comes up on my matches get notified that I am interested or don't they? If every time I view someone's profile, it shows up on their page that I viewed them, is it any different if I say I'm not interested?

--hide--

As I gather from what I have gleaned from reading many posts, only when you both express interest (by pressing "YES") in the other, are you both notified of this fact. Otherwise, neither is notified of anything.

Viewing profiles is a totally separate mechanism and is not governed nor influenced by the Match program. It seems to me that a lot of people on this site are a bit paranoid about the viewing of profiles. Being viewed does not mean that the viewer is interested in you, only curious about who you are. After satisfying that curiosity, he may take an interest in you and you will know of that interest if he chooses to send an Emotigram or Message. I, for one, view lots of profiles because I am curious about who is behind that attractive profile pic. I do not limit myself to appropriate age ranges or anything else. Right now, I am going through a phase governed by the Kid In The New Candy Store syndrome. But I believe that by viewing lots of profiles, I have gained in knowledge and appreciation of women in general.

10/08/2012 new

Thank you, Brenda and John. I tend to browse also. I have a curiosity about people and am often drawn to their profiles by the scrapbook photos that appear on my homepage. I think this gets them to look at my profile, but very few send a message. (I'm scary that way:) I have clicked yes on a few of the matched profiles to get to learn more, but I haven't initiated anything nor have they. I also like to take the interviews just for fun, but am starting to think that scares people, too. Either that or I'm really bad at answering them! So, I wasn't sure how someone who is a supposed match finds out that I am interested in learning more. I guess they don't unless they share in my curiosity.

10/08/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Thank you, Brenda and John. I tend to browse also. I have a curiosity about people and am often d...

Thank you, Brenda and John. I tend to browse also. I have a curiosity about people and am often drawn to their profiles by the scrapbook photos that appear on my homepage. I think this gets them to look at my profile, but very few send a message. (I'm scary that way:) I have clicked yes on a few of the matched profiles to get to learn more, but I haven't initiated anything nor have they. I also like to take the interviews just for fun, but am starting to think that scares people, too. Either that or I'm really bad at answering them! So, I wasn't sure how someone who is a supposed match finds out that I am interested in learning more. I guess they don't unless they share in my curiosity.

--hide--

You're not scary -- quite the contrary your profile pic makes me think of a young girl I could sit on my knee to impart my many pearls of wisdom rolling eyes to inspire her to reach for the stars and not settle for mediocrity. I too like to take interviews for the fun of it but I shy away from them because it indicates an interest in that person that I either don't have or am unsure about. I think that the interviews that are really thought out (as opposed to using only the sample ques) tells the intervtewee a lot about the interviewer. Now one young lady (to me, everyone of you are young ladies, even those who have been on this earth longer than me) prepared an interview of 20 questions that were very well done. Personally I thouight I deserved 2 gold stars for completeing it, but who knows, maybe that was an oversight and I'll still get them.

10/16/2012 new
I apologize if this was already asked. Is a profile view generated when I reveal a match? The reason I ask is that I was just matched with a person whom I've already spoken to on this site and met up with in person. Things didn't go anywhere. If possible, I'd like to remove them from my matches without generating a profile view on their end.
10/26/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Questions and constructive feedback are welcome. Comments such as "I like the old way better...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Questions and constructive feedback are welcome. Comments such as "I like the old way better" or "I don't like the new..." are not helpful and will be removed. Specifics are important. Thanks again and we hope you like the updates!

--hide--

Brian, it's become clear to me that there is still confusion about what certain questions really mean and the influce it has on how you respond. There was a discussion I participated about this in a forum and there was no clear concensus, but still more confusion. Overall it's OK.

10/26/2012 new

How can I delete a profile from my matches without viewing it (since it is someone I already have had contact with). I keep thinking there is a new match since on my home page it shows Matches (1) and I would like to get rid of that (1).

10/26/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: How can I delete a profile from my matches without viewing it (since it is someone I already ha...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

How can I delete a profile from my matches without viewing it (since it is someone I already have had contact with). I keep thinking there is a new match since on my home page it shows Matches (1) and I would like to get rid of that (1).

--hide--

Isn't there an option to reject it?

10/26/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Isn't there an option to reject it?
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Isn't there an option to reject it?

--hide--

Not if you don't view it. And, I don't want to view it because then the person will think I'm looking at his profile which I don't want to do.

10/26/2012 new

Are matches delivered to both parties at the same time? In other words, do I show up on my match's list the same time they show up on mine, or might I get a notification that someone is a match before they get notified that I am a match?

Posts 71 - 80 of 81