Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Fall is here!

Oct 27th 2012 new

We had a great post a bit ago about snow on its way, but here in Seattle, after a wacky summer creeping well into October, the leaves are changing and a chill is in the air! I've got to admit, Fall is my favorite season of the year...Pumpkin Spice Lattes, roasted squash and veggies, the salmon runs coming back up the rivers and the trees covered in red and gold. What do you love about Fall?

Oct 27th 2012 new

I love the wet, rainy days. Woodstove Fires. Warm winter coats. Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Hiking in a red and golden mountain world on a crisp clear day. Getting ready for holidays. It's a favorite time of the year.

Oct 27th 2012 new

Fall -> Hunting Season --> Ice Fishing laughing

Oct 27th 2012 new

This fall we are preparing for Frankenstormeyepopping ,last fall around the same time on Halloween we were hit with a freak snow stormsurprised but I do like the the fall especially fresh apple cider and raking the different colors leaves laughing

Oct 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Jessica-766671 said: We had a great post a bit ago about snow on its way, but here in Seattle, after a wacky summer ...
(Quote) Jessica-766671 said:

We had a great post a bit ago about snow on its way, but here in Seattle, after a wacky summer creeping well into October, the leaves are changing and a chill is in the air! I've got to admit, Fall is my favorite season of the year...Pumpkin Spice Lattes, roasted squash and veggies, the salmon runs coming back up the rivers and the trees covered in red and gold. What do you love about Fall?

--hide--

Hi Jessica....I love fall just as much as you do, or more. Fall is my favorite season, here in Colorado, where I live. I like the fall colors, the trees getting ready for the Winters. One of the most awesome views we have here is the changing of the aspen trees. Aspens are so pretty; not big and majestic like big trees are, but they have a beauty and serenity that is awe-inspiring. What else? The weather. We tend to have pretty hot summers in the city and the crispness of the air when fall starts is wonderful. Nice long indian summers in Colorado, though the temperature can fluctuate very rapidly here. There is an old saying in Colorado that says: "if you don't like the weather in Colorado, just wait a couple of hours." It's true. I've lived here for 40 years and I know it can go from 70 degrees down to 30 degrees in 2 or 3 hours, so I like that about the fall, its umpredictability, but the beauty of nature all over the Rockies is amazing and seeing the trees and the animals getting ready for the winter is spectacular. It can also snow in the fall, and it's been snowing a little in Fort Collins in the last 3 days, but it's just a mere dusting. I too like the Pumpkins Spice Lattes and just the pumpkins for that matter, and everything else that you mentioned here. We don't have the wonderful salmon running up the creeks like you do, but have a lot of trout in the streams and other fish. When I was still working, I used to take a long route home that took me through some roads where you could see nature at its best in Red Rocks Park in the Denver suburbs. I just did it so that I could see the different fall colors against the background of the red rocks. It's beauty always inspired me.

Oct 27th 2012 new
I LOVE FALL! IT IS THE BEST AND PRETTIEST SEASON OF THE YEAR!!!
Oct 27th 2012 new

I like seeing the varied colours of the trees, hunting season and lighting a fire in the fireplace in the garage. I look forward to making pumpkin pies, apple pies and banana nut bread from scratch; and my my Dad likes eating them.

The only thing I hate about fall is to see all the plants in the garden freeze, when I could have gotten a couple more months of produce from them.

Oct 28th 2012 new

I like watching the trees change colors and standing in the yard listening to and watching the leaves fall all around me. I love the hot apple cider and cocoa and the pumpkin flavored ice creams and blizzards. Warm sweaters and curling up on the couch with a blanket and a good book.

Oct 28th 2012 new

I live in Chicagoland. The best things about fall to me are driving and looking at the changing leaf colors, the smell of wood fires, wearing comfortable warm sweaters, and having a reason to drink hot apple cider at night. We also get to more hearty foods. Oh, we also passed out candy to neighborhood trick or treaters at work yesterday. That was fun.:)

Posts 1 - 9 of 9