Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

eyepopping

There is a check off BOX on this paperwork that I am preparing to turn into my parish Deacon tmrw that asks if I have received any counseling in my marriage.

I have, however, I am hesitant how to answer this. Does the tribunal need to see your counseling records if they are attainable in order to make a decision or are they only requested if the respondant contests this process & declares that I have had counseling and that we had it together be it very brief and unfruitful.

I also have NO KNOWN address wide eyed for my former spouse. I understand this can hold up the process a bit, however I do know that it will not HINDER the final outcome.

Can someone advice? Im in the Chgo Archdiocese.

Thanks!crossfingers

10/22/2012 new

Err on the side of disclosure. If it comes out you did have counseling but said you didn't, it makes you look real bad.

10/22/2012 new

ok I agree I was just hearing horror stories...lol

thanx!

10/22/2012 new
(Quote) Rebecca-767861 said: ok I agree I was just hearing horror stories...lol thanx!
(Quote) Rebecca-767861 said:

ok I agree I was just hearing horror stories...lol

thanx!

--hide--

Rebecca,

Take David's advice.

I sent you a private message ...you will see how "counseling" was a very important part of why my annulment was granted. Don't be afraid to answer questions about his or your counseling. Be an open book so the Tribunal can help you the best they can. hug
10/23/2012 new

Dear Rebecca,

I side with David... err on the side of disclosure. Remember that the Tribunal is working for your good. The way you can have a truly healing and freeing experience is to be forthcoming with the truth in every aspect. I wouldn't worry about what others have told you, I would make this annulment process entirely your own experience without interference from "horror stories."

I know this process isn't easy, but you can emerge from it a new person. I hope that helps :)

Sincerely - Lisa Duffy

10/23/2012 new

The truth will set you free - if a person covers something up and receives an annulment will they be annulled in Gods eyes.

It is better to tell the truth and be square with God. As others have commented, the tribunal is doing what is best for you within the frame work of how the church feels God would want it. In the end doing Gods will is what is important.

10/25/2012 new

I would be totally honest. Actually, when I got the papers I sat down and wrote whatever came to mind and turned it in right away. No edits or second guessing myself. I didn't hold anything back.

10/27/2012 new

(Quote) Rebecca-767861 said:There is a check off BOX on this paperwork that I am preparing to turn into my parish Deacon tmrw t...
(Quote) Rebecca-767861 said:
There is a check off BOX on this paperwork that I am preparing to turn into my parish Deacon tmrw that asks if I have received any counseling in my marriage.
--hide--

Consider yourself fortunate if you have the opportunity to add the counselor's perspective. I went to marriage counseling once, but that was 13 years ago and I don't remember the doctor's name or have any way to contact him. I am hoping my ex-wife can provide that information.

I also had no known address. I felt extremely uncomfortable conducting an internet people search, until my advocate, a priest in Gaithersburg, Maryland, turned around at his desk, typed a few words into Google, and found an internet search service for me! I still feel like a stalker, but I figure if it's OK by my advocate, it must be OK in God's eyes. I contacted her, and she contacted the Tribunal. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my ex-wife is cooperating with the process.

My prayers are with you. Best of luck!

10/28/2012 new

I have considered going for an anullment but don't have the money to do it. Is there any help?

10/28/2012 new

How does annullment effect Social Security from your former husband?

Posts 1 - 10 of 13