Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Who's that girl? (Or guy)

10/27/2012 new
I have noticed in looking in people's albums that there are often times pictures where a guy is in a picture with one or multiple attractive women-- with no explanation of who they are. I hate to seem like I'm from the 1950s... I know that a guy and girl can be "just friends" and maybe it's his sister or cousin.... but it still is a bit intimidating, and I loose confidence in sending the guy a message. A word of advice: put captions on your photos! Or maybe just don't post the pictures of yourself where you are surrounded by a number of people from the opposite sex... especially when the setting is a bar.
10/27/2012 new
Lol. Yes, take the mystery out of it and put a little "with sister" or similar caption. If you find yourself typing in the caption "with ex-girlfriend", maybe reconsider that picture.
10/27/2012 new

My picture contained a picture of my daughter, but the rules were a picture of yourself without anyone else.

10/28/2012 new

Another kicker to this sceranio is when I go into a profile (men and women) who have pictures of their deceased spouse in there. Not to mention the fact that some go on and on about the late spouse. Just my opinion, but I exit as fast as I can, because it tells me that person has not moved on and is not ready for a relationship.Well, maybe it's that I'm not ready to invest myself or be compared to the late spouse. Dove

10/28/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Another kicker to this sceranio is when I go into a profile (men and women) who have pictures of ...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Another kicker to this sceranio is when I go into a profile (men and women) who have pictures of their deceased spouse in there. Not to mention the fact that some go on and on about the late spouse. Just my opinion, but I exit as fast as I can, because it tells me that person has not moved on and is not ready for a relationship.Well, maybe it's that I'm not ready to invest myself or be compared to the late spouse.

--hide--
Amen to this Linda

10/28/2012 new

You . . . you do realize you have done this twice in your photos, Danielle? haha. Did I miss the point somehow?

10/28/2012 new

(Quote) Danielle-429469 said: I have noticed in looking in people's albums that there are often times pictures where a guy is i...
(Quote) Danielle-429469 said: I have noticed in looking in people's albums that there are often times pictures where a guy is in a picture with one or multiple attractive women-- with no explanation of who they are. I hate to seem like I'm from the 1950s... I know that a guy and girl can be "just friends" and maybe it's his sister or cousin.... but it still is a bit intimidating, and I loose confidence in sending the guy a message. A word of advice: put captions on your photos! Or maybe just don't post the pictures of yourself where you are surrounded by a number of people from the opposite sex... especially when the setting is a bar.
--hide--
Agreed, Danielle. There is a sense of wonderment when one sees this. It happens frequently.

While it certainly would be helpful to insert captions to identify the mystery face, it seems it's not always possible. I tried to add a caption to a photo, and for some reason it just wouldn't show up. Lack of a caption can't always be blamed on the member.

I don't think it would prevent me from making contact with a person who had identified people who appeared to be about the same age in their photos. Benefit of the doubt rules. There has been one instance I recall where a widowed lady actually did have a picture of her husband, along with other photos. He was clearly identified and the way it was presented wasn't alarming at all.

But...where possible, captions are helpful, and remove any doubt. In addition, they can give insight into a person's sense of humor. Some captions are very creative.

10/28/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Another kicker to this sceranio is when I go into a profile (men and women) who have pictures of ...

Another kicker to this sceranio is when I go into a profile (men and women) who have pictures of their deceased spouse in there. Not to mention the fact that some go on and on about the late spouse. Just my opinion, but I exit as fast as I can, because it tells me that person has not moved on and is not ready for a relationship.Well, maybe it's that I'm not ready to invest myself or be compared to the late spouse.

--hide--
Oh, Linda -- nothing can compare to you..... wink

10/28/2012 new

--hide--
On a serious note, I believe you're "reading" what's there correctly. Some people just aren't ready to move on. Excessive dwelling on the past won't be helpful in seeking a new relationship. It's not fair to a potentially interested party either.

10/28/2012 new

(Quote) Jane-794001 said: My picture contained a picture of my daughter, but the rules were a picture of yourself without an...
(Quote) Jane-794001 said:

My picture contained a picture of my daughter, but the rules were a picture of yourself without anyone else.

--hide--
Greetings, Jane. We would like to take this opportunity to say "Welcome" to the CM forums. You've been a member for awhile, and we're glad you found your way here. Perhaps you've been browsing thru the various topics. If you have, you're aware of the variety of subjects, including everyday-life situations, Faith questions, news topics, and opinions expressed here. It's a good place to share experiences, and see words of wisdom from others. It's a good place to be and will help you get acquainted with others on the CM site.

Posts 1 - 10 of 19