Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Hi all,

Just completed CERT Training yesterday here in La Crescenta, CA. Great group and training. CERT is the Community Emergency Response Team. Would love to hear from others who are on CERTs in the rest of the country.

Have a great day!

Oct 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Christine-153962 said: Hi all,Just completed CERT Training yesterday here in La Crescenta, CA. Great group a...
(Quote) Christine-153962 said:

Hi all,

Just completed CERT Training yesterday here in La Crescenta, CA. Great group and training. CERT is the Community Emergency Response Team. Would love to hear from others who are on CERTs in the rest of the country.

Have a great day!

--hide--

I haven't heard of this. Would you give us a brief description of what CERT does and what the training involves? Is this volunteer or paid?

Oct 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I haven't heard of this. Would you give us a brief description of what CERT does an...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

I haven't heard of this. Would you give us a brief description of what CERT does and what the training involves? Is this volunteer or paid?

--hide--

Patricia, the CERT program is about volunteering, not paid, to help others in need when some sort of disaster strikes. It is a part of the Government FEMA folks. You can find more information about the program here...

www.citizencorps.gov

Oct 28th 2012 new
Not on CERT but I am studying for my Ham Radio license. One of the members of the local SAR team is trying to get me to help out there as well. Unfortunately with my schedule it'd be hard to attend the mtgs and trainings. This spring I plan on taking the test to be a storm spotter. Lots of goals. smile

Congrats on finishing up CERT training. Good job. smile
Oct 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Maria-846262 said: Patricia, the CERT program is about volunteering, not paid, to help others in need w...
(Quote) Maria-846262 said:

Patricia, the CERT program is about volunteering, not paid, to help others in need when some sort of disaster strikes. It is a part of the Government FEMA folks. You can find more information about the program here...

www.citizencorps.gov

--hide--

Thank you, Maria. There is a group in Chicago - I may look into it.

Nov 2nd 2012 new

Hi there! I've looked into our local CERT program several times -- in the past week, even. Unfortunately, my timing is off, as each time they've been in the middle of a training program. embarassed

Nov 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Olivia-111035 said: Hi there! I've looked into our local CERT program several times -- in the past week, even. Unfortunately,...
(Quote) Olivia-111035 said:

Hi there! I've looked into our local CERT program several times -- in the past week, even. Unfortunately, my timing is off, as each time they've been in the middle of a training program.

--hide--
This has been my same experience. Congrats for completing CERT.
Nov 4th 2012 new

Only CERTS gives you two (clap),

two (clap),

two mints in one.

www.youtube.com

Posts 1 - 8 of 8