Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Oct 28th 2012 new
Thank you, everyone for your uplifting & positive comments! It's nice to hear things from another persons perspective. Thank you all!!!
Oct 28th 2012 new
When I think of "baggage", things like attitude, anger, fears, disappointments, troubles with exes or other family are what come to my mind. I've generally never thought kids were "baggage". Now if they're always in trouble, say with the law, or drugs or alcohol; that's a different thing.
Oct 28th 2012 new

Yes, I have a 6 year old son, who is my little hero and truly the reason I kept searching for God in my life. Because of the responsibility of parenthood, my eyes were opened to my own human failings and a heart previously cold toward God now revels in the light of the Mercy He has granted me in allowing me to be a mother and in His forgiveness.

As for me, I hope that the care and love I have for my son will be one of the most attractive things (Next to my love of God) that my future spouse will notice about me. I want that person to look at the tenderness I have for my child and recognize in me the mother he hopes to find for his own children. Yes, I am a Catholic before all else, and blessed to be so, but in being Catholic, my vocation to Motherhood is something I hold dear to my heart and precious beyond compare. Anyone who does not, or cannot look at both motherhood and fatherhood in that light, as a priceless gift from God and often, our saving grace, is not the man I want to be with anyway.

So let them look at my profile and not contact me, I take no offense, knowing that all those who pass me by for this reason or any other, are not the one God has for me. I pray they find the soul God has made with them in mind, just as one day, I will, too.

Oct 28th 2012 new

Erin, your words are absolutely beautiful!

Oct 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Marie-518335 said: Erin, your words are absolutely beautiful!
(Quote) Marie-518335 said:

Erin, your words are absolutely beautiful!

--hide--

Thank you Marie! :-)

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Erin-900388 said: Yes, I have a 6 year old son, who is my little hero and truly the reason I kept searching for God ...
(Quote) Erin-900388 said:

Yes, I have a 6 year old son, who is my little hero and truly the reason I kept searching for God in my life. Because of the responsibility of parenthood, my eyes were opened to my own human failings and a heart previously cold toward God now revels in the light of the Mercy He has granted me in allowing me to be a mother and in His forgiveness.

As for me, I hope that the care and love I have for my son will be one of the most attractive things (Next to my love of God) that my future spouse will notice about me. I want that person to look at the tenderness I have for my child and recognize in me the mother he hopes to find for his own children. Yes, I am a Catholic before all else, and blessed to be so, but in being Catholic, my vocation to Motherhood is something I hold dear to my heart and precious beyond compare. Anyone who does not, or cannot look at both motherhood and fatherhood in that light, as a priceless gift from God and often, our saving grace, is not the man I want to be with anyway.

So let them look at my profile and not contact me, I take no offense, knowing that all those who pass me by for this reason or any other, are not the one God has for me. I pray they find the soul God has made with them in mind, just as one day, I will, too.

--hide--

Bless you, Erin. I'm sure God will reward your faith with a husband devoted to your happiness.

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) John-857142 said: Bless you, Erin. I'm sure God will reward your faith with a husband devoted to yo...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

Bless you, Erin. I'm sure God will reward your faith with a husband devoted to your happiness.

--hide--

Thank you John. I hope he will be devoted to God, for therein lies my happiness. :-)

Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: When I think of "baggage", things like attitude, anger, fears, disappointments, troubles with...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said: When I think of "baggage", things like attitude, anger, fears, disappointments, troubles with exes or other family are what come to my mind. I've generally never thought kids were "baggage". Now if they're always in trouble, say with the law, or drugs or alcohol; that's a different thing.
--hide--

That's how I feel too. The kids themselves are not the baggage, it's how the parents handle the situation that is the baggage. Do parents fight over the kids? Do they use them against each other? Do they let the kids make the decisions on whether or not they want to see the other parent and use that as a weapon (especially on special occasions, THATS evil!) Do they withold the kids from time with the other parent?

The Texas Standard Code has a schedule that isn't bad. The non-custodial parent has the kids every 1st, 3rd, and if there is a 5th weekend as well as one day during the week. That's what the court subscribes to if the parents can't come to an agreement. That allows the kids to be with each parent as well as allowing for the parents to have some free time from the kids too. If someone is going to be dating, they need to consider whether or not they have the time to date if they have the kids all the time, or if they don't get along with the other parent and won't work together. THAT is baggage, not the kids.

Cat

Posts 31 - 38 of 38