Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

I wasn't aloud in the divorced Catholic forum so I post here instead. This is an article I wrote about a former co-worker who suffered a divorce and has since passed on. You can find it on my blog: www.ryanseeksthetruth.blogspot.com (scroll down to Her Name was Joan - link)

I pray for all those who suffer the wound of a divorced heart. If you want to re-post this into the divorced Catholic forum please do.

blessings from Ryan

sag

Moderator Note: Here's a direct link to the post so it will be easy to locate once it's off the front page:

www.spiritdaily.com

Oct 30th 2012 new

Thank You Ryan for this article and sharing it with us wo have been wounded by divorce - only the divorce can know how hard it is to carry on when children are involved. I am at a very good place in my own life and very happy too ... it has been seven years. hug

Thank You Jesus for sticking by me theheart

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Ryan-672439 said: I wasn't aloud in the divorced Catholic forum so I post here instead. This is an article I wro...
(Quote) Ryan-672439 said:

I wasn't aloud in the divorced Catholic forum so I post here instead. This is an article I wrote about a former co-worker who suffered a divorce and has since passed on. You can find it on my blog: www.ryanseeksthetruth.blogspot.com (scroll down to Her Name was Joan - link)

I pray for all those who suffer the wound of a divorced heart. If you want to re-post this into the divorced Catholic forum please do.

blessings from Ryan

sag

Moderator Note: Here's a direct link to the post so it will be easy to locate once it's off the front page:

www.spiritdaily.com

--hide--
Ryan - Thanks for the post, it is a good story and sad for many reasons. Sad for the pain we feel when abandoned by someone that was supposed to love us. Sad for the betrayal.
But mostly sad because we allow people to break us so that we have to be hard and uncompromising, blaming God. Abandoning him instead of coming closer and experiencing true and faithful love, we force the love of others away such as the love you showed her only after intense confrontation refusing to be pushed away.
Nothing good comes from such things as war or divorce, unfortunately some live in the middle of it and have to try to function the best they can - not every one has the skills to navigate this alone and come out of it healthy.

Nov 5th 2012 new

Thanks for the link, Ryan! I especially liked your Hey, Cover Girl! I posted it on my facebook page for myfriends to read!

Nov 9th 2012 new

Thank you for this post, Ryan ... it's been many years since I was divorced, but it still hurts at times.

God bless you!

theheart heart

Dec 9th 2012 new

[quote]MaryAlice-97161 said:

Thank you for this post, Ryan ... it's been many years since I was divorced, but it still hurts at times.

God bless you!

[/quote

It was a wake up call for me that I cannot operate in my practicing Catholic box and consequently expect to be immune from things outside the box. I, pridefully I guess, thought if I follow the rules and 'am good' (of course I have faults, I don't mean I don't) then 'these types of tragedies--divorce' won't happen to me. This happens to other people. It is very humbling and I had to realize there are no guarantees as we all have free will; all I can know is, God is there for me and I do survive bad things. This was liberating for me. The chess board I previously used to plan life has been put away. rosary smile

Posts 1 - 6 of 6