Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Crummy day fixes

10/30/2012 new

So I got accused of being a liar by somewhat outside of my organization who went so far as to call a higher up at my organization & tell him I was rude. Which I wasn't. But having to explain it all to the higher up, and my director, kind of killed my day.

So I called my one of my favorite people & vented and waited for them to make me laugh - which they did! Then I cranked up the radio & sang loud. And now I'm inhaling one of my favorite recipes before running off to choir practice and singing more.

What do you do to recup from a crummy day?

10/30/2012 new

I usually relax with a nice cup of coffee first, then call my best friend and vent, and then listen to my favorite music or watch a show I like on tv...usually does the trick!!!!:)

10/30/2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:What do you do to recup from a crummy day?
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

--hide--

Mope. What can I say? I'm a classic melancholic! laughing

10/30/2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: So I got accused of being a liar by somewhat outside of my organization who went so far as to c...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

So I got accused of being a liar by somewhat outside of my organization who went so far as to call a higher up at my organization & tell him I was rude. Which I wasn't. But having to explain it all to the higher up, and my director, kind of killed my day.

So I called my one of my favorite people & vented and waited for them to make me laugh - which they did! Then I cranked up the radio & sang loud. And now I'm inhaling one of my favorite recipes before running off to choir practice and singing more.

--hide--

For me, sadly there is no instant cure, although I wish to God there were, its one of those things that lives in the back of my mind constantly & that I have to live w/ every day, so in my case, there is no quick fix unfortuantely.

10/31/2012 new

Good question! I go for a nice hard run while listening to some of my favorite music...if that doesn't do the trick...I relax with a book or TV show and possibly a bowl of ice cream.

11/01/2012 new

I think I need to brood at least a little after a crummy day...go out for a walk if it's nice, or cycle through my music from something somber (Moody Blues, Vivaldi or some reflective Christian music) to something more upbeat. If it's winter though, I might just draw a bubblebath and find a favorite Agatha Christie mystery.

11/04/2012 new

I've had more than my share of crummy days, and for me the best fix is to go out to a nice meal, take some quiet time to relax and get perspective.

11/04/2012 new
One of the things that I do is I think of something that I haven't done in a while and do that. It could be anything from having a nice meal, buying something I was really wanting, or exercise to burn off that frustration. I've found that exercise works the best and is the cheapest!!!
11/04/2012 new

Depends on the level of crumminess:

If it's not too bad, then I will just call a friend to see if they want to have dinner. The company of good people is always uplifting for me. And, if they know I've had a crummy day, they always try to help out.

If it was terrible and I want to be alone and have quiet to process, I usually journal, go workout, or if there is perpetual adoration available (which here I have options) I go there.

If it was terrible but I know I shouldn't be alone lest I go nuts thinking about it, I check out what is going on around town, and see if I can find a band I like to listen to. Sometimes the energy of the crowd or something in the music sets me straight.

And, as a last resort, there is YouTube and searching "falling" videos. tongue

11/05/2012 new

Depends. I have been in a very bad place for a couple years and am just coming out of it now. If I can, I find a place where I can just cry for a few hours, it always makes me feel better. Otherwise, sometimes I clean furiously, or, when I had tons of money (from the well-paying job I hated and et ruin my life) I would go on shopping sprees...

Overall crummy days lead me to getting into my pajamas and putting on a good movie, or sometimes visiting my parents, maybe playing a board game with them...and a crummy day will always have me txting my ex a lot <.< we've stayed friends, best friends even, but it's still hard for me, so hearing from him helps.

Posts 1 - 10 of 17