Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

10/29/2012 new
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: Honestly, no. All it said was that people should have husbands or wives. I'm already looking though....
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said:

Honestly, no. All it said was that people should have husbands or wives. I'm already looking though. What I asked was how should I go about finding one?
--hide--

I'd say you should go about finding a husband by being the best person you can be. Do things that show God that you love Him and that you love your neighbor. If God has a husband in mind for you, he will send him to you.
10/29/2012 new

[quote]Corinna-623958 said:

Divorce? I'm so confused right now. Can someone please explain to me what this (or corinthians) has to do with not wanting to be single? [/quote Corinna, It is more about our CALLING. God calls us to follow his commandments. Some of us are called to stay single - like the old maids who never find a husband and spent their time doing ministerial work in her church; some of us are called to be mothers, to be nuns, to be priests, to be a soldier, etc... If we listen to God's calling and do not compalin about it, then we are FREE. And the calling includes everyone, black, whilte, slaves, masters, rich, poor, etc... Listen to your inner voice. God is calling you. If your calling is to be a good wife, then God will find you a man.

10/29/2012 new
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: Honestly, no. All it said was that people should have husbands or wives. I'm already looking though....
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said:

Honestly, no. All it said was that people should have husbands or wives. I'm already looking though. What I asked was how should I go about finding one?
--hide--

Maybe Genesis 24 might help?
10/30/2012 new

(Quote) Valentin-119637 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: What Paul is saying is that we are ...
(Quote) Valentin-119637 said:
Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

What Paul is saying is that we are called by God , we are all one in Jesus Christ, whether when we are called, are circumsised or not, and whether we are slave or not. For when one is called at what state they are in, is not what is important, but having been called by God is what matters that we are free.

Galatians 3:28 "There does not exist among youJew or Greek, slave or freeman, male or female. All are one in Christ Jesus."

Colossians 3:11 "There is no Greek or Jew here, circumcised or uncircumcised, foreigner, Scythian, slave, or freeman. Rather, Christ is everything in all of you."

Yes, I agree, being called by God is important. However, I would add that we answer God's call in a positive manner by the observance of the commandments of God.
--hide--

Oh yes, I wasn't trying to eliminate following the Ten Commandments. When we are called by God, we respond and become obedient to Him, following His laws and ways.

10/30/2012 new

There are two trees God put in the Garden. One, the Tree of Life, this tree appears again at the end of the story, Gen.3:22, as the next temptation, but God prevents this danger from Adam and Eve by sending them out of the Garden after they ate the fruit from the Tree of knowledge of good and bad.

The Tree of Life might of caused them to live forever like becoming gods. In Genesis the story is focused on the Tree of Knowledge;

"...Good and evil is a merism, a literary figure by which totality is expressed by the first and last in a series or by opposites, Ps 139: 2, "You know when I sit down and when I stand up," i.e., all my physical movement. "to know" in Hebrew is experiential and relational, not only intellectual. Eating the fruit of the tree, therefore ,imparts a mastery of life and an autonomy that is inappropriate to the earth creature, created from dust. The man would cease to be finite and human." ( The New Jerome Biblical Commentary )

10/30/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: There are two trees God put in the Garden. One, the Tree of Life, this tree appears again at the ...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

There are two trees God put in the Garden. One, the Tree of Life, this tree appears again at the end of the story, Gen.3:22, as the next temptation, but God prevents this danger from Adam and Eve by sending them out of the Garden after they ate the fruit from the Tree of knowledge of good and bad.

The Tree of Life might of caused them to live forever like becoming gods. In Genesis the story is focused on the Tree of Knowledge;

"...Good and evil is a merism, a literary figure by which totality is expressed by the first and last in a series or by opposites, Ps 139: 2, "You know when I sit down and when I stand up," i.e., all my physical movement. "to know" in Hebrew is experiential and relational, not only intellectual. Eating the fruit of the tree, therefore ,imparts a mastery of life and an autonomy that is inappropriate to the earth creature, created from dust. The man would cease to be finite and human." ( The New Jerome Biblical Commentary )

--hide--

Good information Cindy. I like this, we based our knowledge on what the Bible said. Thanks

10/30/2012 new
The tree of life returns in Revelations 22:1-2 Please read. I don't know how to link with iPad.
10/30/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: The tree of life returns in Revelations 22:1-2 Please read. I don't know how to link with iPad.
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: The tree of life returns in Revelations 22:1-2 Please read. I don't know how to link with iPad.
--hide--

I read it Cindy. thank you for the connection. The tree of Life bears fruit that if man eats the fruit, will make him live for eternity. That is why Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden because they sinned. Gen. 3:22-24 and wait for God's promise to send them a Redeemer who is Jesus Christ. In John 3:1-21 Jesus talking to Necodemus said we cannot enter the kingdom of God unless we are born again. To die and be born again is to abandon our material life(our vices, greed, selfishness, atrocities etc.. etc...) and be born in spirit which is to be concern only of the affairs of the spirit which is love, forgiveness, compassion, etc..

10/30/2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Oh yes, I wasn't trying to eliminate following the Ten Commandments. When we are calle...

Oh yes, I wasn't trying to eliminate following the Ten Commandments. When we are called by God, we respond and become obedient to Him, following His laws and ways.

--hide--

Yes, the Ten Commandments, and I would also include the greatest commandment that Jesus gave us, Love God and neighbor.
10/30/2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: There are two trees God put in the Garden. One, the Tree of Life, this tree appears again at the end of the sto...

--hide--

I thought that Adam and Eve had eaten from every tree in the garden prior to eating from the Tree of Knowledge. The Tree of Knowledge was the only one that God said they were not to eat.
Posts 21 - 30 of 63