Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

This is run by Samaritan's Purse.
Oct 30th 2012 new

Can you give us the details?

Oct 30th 2012 new
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: Can you give us the details?
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

Can you give us the details?

--hide--

www.samaritanspurse.org
Oct 30th 2012 new
(Quote) Paul-302787 said: This is run by Samaritan's Purse.
--hide--

I give through Catholic charities to help families at Christmas -- last year I sent a check and they have volunteer shoppers to help pick out stuff.....
Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: www.samaritanspurse.org
(Quote) Paul-302787 said:

www.samaritanspurse.org
--hide--
Thanks Paul. Making some families happy during Christmas is one of my random acts of kindness. I will visit the website.

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: Thanks Paul. Making some families happy during Christmas is one of my random acts of kindnes...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

Thanks Paul. Making some families happy during Christmas is one of my random acts of kindness. I will visit the website.

--hide--
I just got to the website. I love it. I will spread the news to my friends and relatives here in Houston.

Oct 30th 2012 new

--hide--

Thanks for posting this Paul. I looked at the website. And, I will definitely put together a shoebox to be sent to a child internationally. This should be fun as you get to choose whether boy or girl and one of 3 age ranges 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. It costs$7 for the shipping costs which seems reasonable.

If anyone is interested, the donation boxes need to be dropped off Nov. 12-19 I think from what the website states (and there are many dropoff locations) so that the children can get them for Christmas.

Oct 31st 2012 new

My children and I have done this for years. They love picking out items to put in their shoeboxes. I let them decide then I add toothpaste and a toothbrush, soap and several washcloths. They've also written letters and included one of their school pictures. We'll never know where the boxes were sent so when the organization sends out their newsletters we look closely at every picture to see if we recognize the wrapping. This year we may do something more like send a donation to buy a goat or chickens. There are several options, all of which go to help the poorest people .

Oct 31st 2012 new

I'm doing Project Heifer this year Kathy. Money is tight, but the people I usually exchange gifts with need NOTHING!! I'm doing honor cards and feel better about this than shopping for things that are not needed. heart

Oct 31st 2012 new

--hide--
They have a good rating:

www.charitynavigator.org

Posts 1 - 10 of 20