Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Age differences

Oct 30th 2012 new
I am curious as to what everyone, women specifically, thinks about age differences? Are they less important as you get older? If so what is appropriate at different ages? To speak plainly what about at my age of 28?
Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Mark-495813 said: I am curious as to what everyone, women specifically, thinks about age differences? Are they less importa...
(Quote) Mark-495813 said: I am curious as to what everyone, women specifically, thinks about age differences? Are they less important as you get older? If so what is appropriate at different ages? To speak plainly what about at my age of 28?
--hide--

Mark, I don't believe there are any written rules about it. It really is about being attracted to one another, at any age. Nowadays it doesn't seem to matter all tha much. Years ago, older women would not think about dating much younger men, today it happens a lot and I think people are attracted to each other for many and different reasons. Years ago, also, it was thought that if a very young woman married an older man, she was likely to be after his money and/or position.

So, what about your age? It just depends on what you're looking for in an ideal mate. You can certainly date women from say, 19-20 years of age and can date women who might be a little, or a lot older than you, but it depends on how comfortable you both feel about it. You've got to decide what your comfort level is with someone that might be 35, 40, or even 50, but the older you go up the scale, the less likely I think that women will want to date you. I don't know. Let others chime in. There was another thread going on around here in the last few days that discussed this as well, and for what I saw, most women are most comfortable dating men 5 or 6 years either way, some even changing their profiles to reflect this, as opposed to their previous choice which was about 9-10 years either way. Younger women were complaining a little about the level of maturity of younger guys, and certainly, it sounded as though that the women who are in their early 20's don't want to date men younger than them, but also don't want to date men which are much older. So, without understanding your motive for this question, really can't say.

Good luck in your search.

Oct 31st 2012 new

At my age I'm really not interested in dating guys younger then me because guys that are younger then me normally have much different interests then I do. As I get older I find I have more in common with men that are older then me which is what matters in my mind. To be totally honest I don't think I'd date someone more then 10 years older, I feel that someone older would have so much more experience then I that wouldn't feel equal.

Honestly I think that it's more about what you have in common, not how much older/younger you are.

Nov 1st 2012 new

28 is a nice age! I miss it! laughing laughing laughing

Nov 13th 2012 new
Ok I dated a boy 2 yrs younger than me, no fun But my brother is married to my sister in law who's 2 yrs older and it worked. So the range of age I'm looking for is from 2 yrs younger to 5 years older Unless he's the Catholic figure Eduardo Verastegui who's 9 yrs older than me Lol The point is, age matters! ;)
Nov 15th 2012 new

I think it depends on if you share similar life goals, like having children and building a life together. I don't think I would date someone much younger than I am now. I would probably go up about 5-10 years. Maturity is key.:)

Nov 15th 2012 new
At this point in my life I would never date a younger guy. I prefer that he be at least a year older. I find that I'm usually attracted to men who are at least 5 years older than me. I try not to look at anyone who is more than 10 years older than me because at that point he would be closer in age to my parents than to me. Then again, when I was 18 I was attracted to a man who was 31. We flirted a lot in my german 101 class. laughing
Posts 1 - 7 of 7