Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

As many of you know, that while the number of Sundays between Pentecost and Advent varies, the pre-Vatican II liturgical calendars have Masses for only 24 Sundays. When there are more than 24 Sundays after Pentecost, the Sundays after the Epiphany that were not celebrated due to the early Lent are added between the 23rd Sunday after Pentecost and the Last Sunday after Pentecost (the Sunday before the First Sunday of Advent). These relocated Sundays are defined both by their ordinal position after Pentecost and as the "Resumed nth Sunday after Epiphany."

For example, this year there are 26 Sundays between Pentecost and Advent, the last of these being:

23rd Sunday after Pentecost
24th Sunday after Pentecost (Resumed 5th Sunday after Epiphany)
25th Sunday after Pentecost (Resumed 6th Sunday after Epiphany)
Last Sunday after Pentecost
First Sunday of Advent

Which brings me to my questions:

Does anyone how the resumed Sundays are named in the Spanish missal?

The Sundays after Epiphany are {Quinto, Sexto} domingo después de Epifanía. What is the word for "Resumed" in this case? I assume it would go at the beginning of the phrase; does adding it change the rest of the phrase? Or does the Spanish missal use different terminology for these Sundays?

Thanks for your help!

11/04/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: As many of you know, that while the number of Sundays between Pentecost and Advent varies, the pre...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

As many of you know, that while the number of Sundays between Pentecost and Advent varies, the pre-Vatican II liturgical calendars have Masses for only 24 Sundays. When there are more than 24 Sundays after Pentecost, the Sundays after the Epiphany that were not celebrated due to the early Lent are added between the 23rd Sunday after Pentecost and the Last Sunday after Pentecost (the Sunday before the First Sunday of Advent). These relocated Sundays are defined both by their ordinal position after Pentecost and as the "Resumed nth Sunday after Epiphany."

For example, this year there are 26 Sundays between Pentecost and Advent, the last of these being:

23rd Sunday after Pentecost
24th Sunday after Pentecost (Resumed 5th Sunday after Epiphany)
25th Sunday after Pentecost (Resumed 6th Sunday after Epiphany)
Last Sunday after Pentecost
First Sunday of Advent

Which brings me to my questions:

Does anyone how the resumed Sundays are named in the Spanish missal?

The Sundays after Epiphany are {Quinto, Sexto} domingo después de Epifanía. What is the word for "Resumed" in this case? I assume it would go at the beginning of the phrase; does adding it change the rest of the phrase? Or does the Spanish missal use different terminology for these Sundays?

Thanks for your help!

--hide--
Unless one of our Spanish speaking friends can help, you might consider trying to obtain a 2013 calendar from an area Church that has printed materials in Spanish. Or manage to take a peek at a Spanish language lectionary.

11/04/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Unless one of our Spanish speaking friends can help, you might consider trying to obtain a 2013 cal...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Unless one of our Spanish speaking friends can help, you might consider trying to obtain a 2013 calendar from an area Church that has printed materials in Spanish. Or manage to take a peek at a Spanish language lectionary.

--hide--

Thanks Ray. The key here is that this is for the 1962 missal, and I'm not aware of a Spanish calendar or lectionary for same. In any case, the local church doesn't have one. The contruct is not common usage, so I don't trust Google translate for this.

Posts 1 - 3 of 3