Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Clock ticking, anyone?

Nov 2nd 2012 new

Lately, I've been struggling with a worry. I'm 35, with 36 rapidly approaching. As much as I want to be married to the man God has chosen for me and build a life with him that glorifies God, I also want to be a mother. And my clock has started ticking! wink So many kind, well-meaning people have trotted out the line, "oh, you're so young! You have years left!" - and that is all true. And I have spent alot of time praying to Mother Mary and working to let go of the worry. I've also been remembering to pray more for women who are pregnant and unhappy about it, that their hearts be comforted & they make a choice for life, and that God turn the hearts of decision makers to do away with abortion. Praying on this has helped alot.

Anyone out there have a similar struggle? What do you do to manage? By the way - I pray for all of you fellow CM'rs, too! hug

Nov 2nd 2012 new
I think a lot about that too. How time is running out. It is for all of us when you think about it. People tell me that I'm practically still a child but the way I see it, God wouldn't have made us all capable of reproducing as young as we can if he intended on all of us to wait until our 30's and 40's. This whole "you're young, you have time, go out and enjoy your youth before you tie youself down" mentality is really screwing over us people who want to start young because now that we make up the minority of young people we just look crazy to the main stream. It's quite depressing to think about.
Nov 2nd 2012 new

I went through a crisis about this topic when I was turning 30. However, seeing how many of my friends came to motherhood, either via pregnancy or adoption at 30+, I'm not worried. I know that if motherhood is part of God's will for my life, it will happen.

I find that hanging out with families helps to ease any anxieties I have about feeling like my time is running out. It reminds me how much the depth of my love would need to be to be ready for kids and also how much I will grow(and how much I have grown) in the presence of children.

For me the best coping is to thank God for my singlehood and ask - you have given me this gift of being single - how can I use for your glory?

With that question, and listening carefully for the answer, I don't have much time to worry. biggrin

Nov 3rd 2012 new

So right, Christina, I thoroughly enjoy all my borrowed kids from my sister and church friends! And I do try to remember to be grateful for my single status - there are blessings it brings I won't have when I'm married with children. Thanks for posting that here!

God bless,

Melanie

Nov 3rd 2012 new

Yes, I do sometimes. I'm about 5 years behind you, but I do think about it, I very strongly feel the call to be a mother one day. Right now I am working really hard on strengthening my relationship with Christ so that it is first in my life. I feel like spending more time in prayer is helping me remember to lean on Christ and trust His plan when things get tough. Prayers your way too!

Nov 3rd 2012 new

I am about five years behind you. I do think about these "clocks", but at this point in my life, I am trying to use my singlehood in the way God wants me to, to pray, make new friends, meet new people, and serve in whatever way I can. I hope that you find some peace to your situation soon. We should pray for all of us ladies who have the same concerns about family life.:)

Nov 4th 2012 new

Hi everybody,

Yes I think about this almost every day.
The good man to marry hasn't appeared yet and now I'm 40 although everybody always tell me I look 10 years younger and I still fill like a young girl.
I think about it more when people ask me or tell me I'm too old to have kids, it's a lot of pressure and makes me feel uncomfortable.
I had some problems before but the last time I saw my gynecologist he said it was a miracle everything looked great and could have as many kids as I want.
So I've thought if God's men to marry doesn't find me my second option would be to adopt.
Today I played with my niece and nephew and that made me realize 2 things first I still want to have kids, second I can be a good mother.
Saludos,
Myriamwave Praying

Nov 4th 2012 new
My grandmother had my uncle on her 40th birthday.

My mother had my sister when she was 38.

My sister-in-law had my twin niece and nephew a few months before her 40th (first time pregnancy).

That's just my immediate family, so please don't spend too much time obsessing on timelines. We tend to not see the right guy in front of us when we focus on just one part of what we believe God's plan to be. Spiritual motherhood and adoption are just as fulfilling as the biological when God is at the center of our lives, and we choose to welcome life.

Pax et bonum!
Nov 4th 2012 new

I feel my clock ticking as well, and I know I may be younger than many people here, but I DEFINITELY feel the tick tock. I'm worried about my fertility, because my parents didn't use BC and they only had 2 kids, I have extremely bad and irregular "lady-times" and am worried I might have PCOS and I also have thyroid disease, which increases chances of infertility....I am really worried and I want to find out sooner than later. My older friends tell me "don't rush it, enjoy your youth" but I don't enjoy anything knowing I don't have someone to intimately enjoy things with. 27 is NOT too young, and my friends are finally starting to agree with me that yeah, maybe I should have some prospects by now, especially seeing that it's so important to me. I wanted to have a family before I was 30, and now I will be lucky to have one by 40- I don't date easily for some reason, I've had one serious relationship that just ended after 1.5yrs, and before that I hadn't had a boyfriend in 8 years!! I feel that tick tock alright....

Nov 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Christina-339748 said: I went through a crisis about this topic when I was turning 30. However, seeing how many of m...
(Quote) Christina-339748 said:

I went through a crisis about this topic when I was turning 30. However, seeing how many of my friends came to motherhood, either via pregnancy or adoption at 30+, I'm not worried. I know that if motherhood is part of God's will for my life, it will happen.

I find that hanging out with families helps to ease any anxieties I have about feeling like my time is running out. It reminds me how much the depth of my love would need to be to be ready for kids and also how much I will grow(and how much I have grown) in the presence of children.

For me the best coping is to thank God for my singlehood and ask - you have given me this gift of being single - how can I use for your glory?

With that question, and listening carefully for the answer, I don't have much time to worry.

--hide--

CJ!!! hug I didn't know you were still here!! biggrin

theheart

Posts 1 - 10 of 31