Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Any Formula 1 fans?

11/04/2012 new
Any Formula 1 fans? I absolutely love it! I'm watching it right now, cheering on for Vettel and Red bull!
11/04/2012 new

Not a fan, but....

The United States Grand Prix will happen in a few weeks at a new track near me. The city is bracing for the influx of wealthy fans from outisde the country. (Formula 1 fans seem to be rich.) We are anticipating traffic jams, too many people in restaurants, and general headaches all around.

circuitoftheamericas.com

11/04/2012 new
It is indeed a very prestigious sporting event with a lot of money involved in it. But that is because there is more to it than just racing. Formula 1 develops and experiments with the latest technology. The best engineers in the world are involved in the sport. I know it's not big in the US as it is in Europe and Asia, maybe after the USGP it will ;)
11/04/2012 new
It is indeed a very prestigious sporting event with a lot of money involved in it. But that is because there is more to it than just racing. Formula 1 develops and experiments with the latest technology. The best engineers in the world are involved in the sport. I know it's not big in the US as it is in Europe and Asia, maybe after the USGP it will ;)
11/04/2012 new

I'm a Formula 1 fan. It's good to see there are others! Vettel had a good race today, I thought it was a good race with perhaps too many incidents! It's a pity about Hamilton, I think he had a good chance of winning today, I just hope Perez is a good replacement for next year.

11/05/2012 new
Yes it was a great race! Vettel was amazing, but honestly a lot of things happened in his favor. Hamilton would have won if it wasn't for his car.

I guess we're the only ones who are F1 fans :p
11/05/2012 new

F1 is bigger in Europe, for sure. American auto racing fans focus mostly on NASCAR which has a race somewhere in the US most weekends.

Even with this new track in Texas, there will be only one F1 race per year, I think. (I might be wrong; there is some sort of similar race in New Jersey.)

The automotive technology: I'm sure you're right about that. One of the selling points when they put in the new track here was that it would attract engine technology companies.

11/06/2012 new

(Quote) Sally-894891 said: Any Formula 1 fans? I absolutely love it! I'm watching it right now, cheering on for Vettel and Red ...
(Quote) Sally-894891 said: Any Formula 1 fans? I absolutely love it! I'm watching it right now, cheering on for Vettel and Red bull!
--hide--

I actually enjoy Formula 1! I find it much more interesting that 100 cars racing around an oval track. Most Formula 1 races are shown on the SPEED channel here, and I will take-in a race from time to time.

Btw... Vettel was a real dummy getting himself DQ'ed and having to start the race from pit row. You are correct... a lot did happen in his favor.

theheart

11/06/2012 new

Not really - nor of any type of auto racing. Consider the waste of fuel and rubber, not to mention the pollution generated, etc.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9