Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

11/05/2012 new
11/05/2012 new

Absolutely, Rita, and it is also possible that you might meet that special someone somewhere else. Fr. Fred Schmit, a dear friend of mine, once told me, "it only takes one!" In the meantime, CM is so much fun. I am meeting some nice people, both male and female. And when I am at home alone and there is no one to talk with, I can get involved in one of the forums, which has been a wonderful surprise and blessing to me.

Though I would love for God to have "Mr. Wonderful" knock on my door, I have come to realize that is very unlikely. So until he appears, I am enjoying CM, the forums (even the War Room), and looking for other ways to get out among people without feeling like I stick out as the only single person in the room. Another first for me is buying Tenn. Tech. basketball season tickets. Can't wait for the season to begin! referee biggrin

- Elizabeth

11/05/2012 new

(Quote) Rita-886903 said:
(Quote) Rita-886903 said:
--hide--

I think you will!! God bless you in your search!

Amy hug Praying rosary theheart

PS There is a Novena going until Dec. 24th. You are welcome to join!! It is posted in the Prayer forum.

11/05/2012 new

All things are possible with God.

11/05/2012 new

Welcome wave

Hope and pray for the best.Pray for God's choice. theheart

11/06/2012 new

Rita, I'm with you. I've been enrolled for a month, and I'm already giving up. I feel like I'm at a dance, and no one is asking me out to dance. Is there a secret to connecting with someone? How can I meet that special person online, if I get no responses?

11/06/2012 new

(Quote) Margarita-906479 said: Rita, I'm with you. I've been enrolled for a month, and I'm already giving up. I ...
(Quote) Margarita-906479 said:

Rita, I'm with you. I've been enrolled for a month, and I'm already giving up. I feel like I'm at a dance, and no one is asking me out to dance. Is there a secret to connecting with someone? How can I meet that special person online, if I get no responses?

--hide--

Hi Margarita!

Don't lose hope! I have been off and on here for 8 years! I have met some nice men and had a relationship for 6 years that ended last year. So, all in God's Time. Keep the faith and keep praying. Jesus We Trust In You. God bless you from one Houstonian to another. wave theheart

11/06/2012 new

Thanks, Veronica for the encouragement. I'll stay a little longer. Being new at this, it just makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong, maybe my narrative, my pictures, or maybe I'll start being positive, and leave it in the hands of God.

11/06/2012 new

I too am just starting to put my face and ideas out there. I have been praying that with God's will I will find a person that

I feel special to and vice versa. I have been reluctant to try match.coms but decided I would try it only within my religious background.

You and I can only keep praying and know that whatever happens, it will be God's will.

11/07/2012 new

(Quote) Margarita-906479 said: Thanks, Veronica for the encouragement. I'll stay a little longer. Being new at this, it ...
(Quote) Margarita-906479 said:

Thanks, Veronica for the encouragement. I'll stay a little longer. Being new at this, it just makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong, maybe my narrative, my pictures, or maybe I'll start being positive, and leave it in the hands of God.

--hide--

Margarita,

I viewed your profile. I would suggest taking the temperament test, I think it is helpful and also allows you to view other's temperament. Do not hesitate viewing any profile. Though different people react differently, viewing a profile should not indicate interest, but simply curiosity. Though it may not be as important, I would suggest completeing your profile and also something about the man you are seeking.

An important thing to do is add a new picture every week. This will include your photos in the rotating display of new scrapbook photos on our home page. Many people, including myself, often review these selections simply as a way seeing somone without triggering the "viewed profile". The more you are viewed, the more likely someone will take an interest and contact you (like advertising). BE PATIENT! Give your membership time to work. There are probably thousands on this site. There is no guarantee that the right man will find you in a month. It might take 3-6 months or more. The more active you are on the forums, the more you expose yourself to others.

theheart

Posts 41 - 50 of 109